The Most Immoral Thing You've Done in a Video Game

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
The title is pretty much self explanatory. What is the most immoral thing you've done in a video game? For me, it would have to be leading a small girl out of Little Lamplight in Fallout 3 so that she could be sold to slavers.

Mike-E

Jun 3, 2009
Choosing to let a young woman have a curse put on her that makes her about 60 years older, just so my character would still look young and hip in Fable 2.

OR

Using the Ray Sphere a second time, aware that it might kill thousands of people again in inFamous.

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
I play good in every game I have a choice in, so I haven't done much immoral. Killing bystanders in a GTA game?

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
In Fallout 3, I didn't like walking by so many racist and idiotic people every time I went to my pad in Tenpenny Tower (which I got by nuking Megaton). So, I slowly and stealthily murdered every single citizen. (some in their sleep, some with frag mines in the pants)

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
In the Fallout games I had a second file that was meant for one thing; killing everybody.
It was so evil yet so fun.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Just playing as Kratos in God of War XD Seriously, all the innocents slaughtered XD Yeah...when I actually have a choice in games, I pick the good. In this case, no choice whatsoever.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Killing everything in Fallout 3. Like EVERYSINGLE PERSON.

Also chokeslamming old women off the empire state building (Prototype), Holding up a club with a rocket launcher (Saints Row), attempting to crucify a combine in halflife

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Vegas, used the solar panels and destroyed some places.
Besides that, nothing else come to mind.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I shot a child in Fallout 3... A LOT. Just too bad that they can't die.

(it was that bratty kid in Rivet City in case anyone wonders my reasoning)

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Recently? I tried to intentionally kill a chao in Sonic Adventure.

What's a "chao", you ask? It's this little bundle of cuddly here:

Yes, I purposely tried to kill one. I felt so terrible afterwards...

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
KefkaCultist said:
I shot a child in Fallout 3... A LOT. Just too bad that they can't die.

(it was that bratty kid in Rivet City in case anyone wonders my reasoning)
It was. Just.

OT: Left the Nazi's to live in World at War and didn't burn their crops, Held an entire hospital hostage on GTA for approximately an hour and shot someones husband, then eat them whilst falling a lot of storeys on Prototype.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Aris Khandr said:
Three words: "Say goodnight, Manuel."
You say it was immoral, I say it was for his own good. And hilarious.

My most despicable act? Um... I own Fallout 3. And I have a playthrough on which I am a level 30 demon from the depths of hell.

Pick something. I've probably done it.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Mike-E said:
Choosing to let a young woman have a curse put on her that makes her about 60 years older, just so my character would still look young and hip in Fable 2.
Even though all that does if you go in her place is turn your hair gray, so afterwords just wander over to the nearest barber and get your hair died and you're golden.

OT: I condemned the entire Elven race to eventual extinction in Overlord, by letting all their females get crushed to death.

Jan 23, 2010
Probably the one thing from Army of Two: 40th day. I sent a 9 year old kid to run across an open area and fetch me a cool looking rifle, while we where taking heavy suppressive fire from a building across the street. I knew the risks, but I still sent him on his merry way.

He got shot and killed while doing a stupid victory dance after grabbing the rifle. Stupid kid should have kept his head down.

xvbones

Oct 29, 2009
In World of Warcraft, I once dropped a Shadowfury on a massive flock of penguins.

Including baby penguins.

And I'm not kidding, this was a flock of penguins, if you're familiar with the game, there are a couple places near the Trial of the Champion up in the corner of Icecrown where there are spawns of like, twenty or thirty penguins all clumped together.

Adorable little penguins, not like demon monster mutant hellbeast penguins or like monsters pretending to be penguins, just like adorable clots of sweet little penguins running around.

And I killed them.

I killed all of them.

And then, I started looking around for more.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
I killed thousands of people for no reason in every shooter game ever, especially Contra. I lobotomized and imprisoned hundreds of wild animals and forced them to fight for me in Pokemon, Digimon, and Spectrobes. I messed up time itself at least 3 times (Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 8). I forced hundreds of people to fight to the death, suffering horrible injuries and pain of death, but denied them the sweet release of death in Fighting games and MMO and FPS PvP. I destroyed the entire galaxy at least twice playing Knights of the Old Republic.

Single acts of viciousness don't really compare to that.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
I forget which game it was in, but there was multiple open graves with dead children in them. I tea-bagged it.

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
Murdering, stripping, and positioning enough people in Oblivion's Imperial City Market to spell out my name in the streets (well almost; the bodies started to unrender). I can't think of anything worse right now, so let's call that the worst.