The Most Immoral Thing You've Done in a Video Game

Lenin211

Apr 22, 2011
In Red Dead Redemption, I shot a man in his kneecaps, lassoed and hogtied him, put him on the train tracks and watched the carnage.

Sarpedon

Feb 9, 2011
Simeon Ivanov said:
The Witcher 2 - Cheating on my girlfriend with Roche's blond ***** and a bunch of whores ... and in the end not going after her first ... normally I'm not that evil, but c'mon! How often do you get to see virtual sex? :D
Larn2Hentai

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
::Obviously all are minor spoilers, but this is a Project Zomboid spoiler. Check it out even if you haven't played it.::

I felt the absolute worst doing this:

Killing Kate Smith, your wife, in Project Zomboid. I did it just to see what they meant by it during the alpha update, and oh god... It was so terrible. The instant she choked "I love you" from underneath the pillow I felt so terrible I instantly restarted and couldn't shake that bad feeling.

It just made me feel terrible. No amount of zombie slaying could shake that feeling.

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
This may not seem immoral, but I chose the Claw Fossil over the Root Fossil in Pokemon Ruby. I had a choice, I had a chance, and I chose Anorith. The last Lileep, the final one of its kind, forever lost to the sands of the desert, never again to reprise the species so long gone. Anorith became a full time member of my team, but every move reminded me that I had committed genocide.

/A Look too Deep.
Holy crap. Much respect for adding that indeed too deep look into Pokemon. Now I almost feel bad for shiny breeding and competitive battling. I'll be sure to use this in a conversation in a future whenever a friend chooses a fossil. Again, kudos, friend.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I killed the Unicorn in Oblivion, and I hated myself for it.

But I was playing as a bad guy!

aei_haruko

Jun 12, 2011
Gralian said:
I, uh... I don't know why, but i kidnap people on Red Dead Redemption. I find people riding out in the wilderness alone, or i find a stagecoach, i put on my bandana, i kill any companions the victim might have (and any witnesses), and then i rope up the last one left alive, hogtie them, and put them on my horse. I then ride out into the middle of nowhere, it could be a camp, it could be the top of a cliffside, i point the gun at their face, and pull the trigger. The benefit to a cliffside is that the corpse sometimes dramatically ragdolls off the side and falls down the crevice. Sometimes i ride up to a deep river and throw them in, causing them to drown, while i watch. Sometimes i put them in front of a train and wait until they are run over. (I got the Dastardly achievement purely by accident by doing this). Sometimes, if the train is in the station, i board it - and wait until we're in the middle of nowhere, like somewhere high up in the mountains. I then take out my gun and start shooting everyone, working my way up to the driver, and killing him if the train has stopped. I was sad to see you couldn't drive the train yourself to the next station, which meant a lot of tedious riding back to town. Ah, the town; there are the times where i lose all subtlety and don't bother looking for victims in the wilderness. Sometimes i simply ride into town, roping and dragging someone to the outskirts, letting him or her go while i kill the law enforcement, and laugh as they try to run back to civilisation, only to ride up and abduct them inches before freedom. Sometimes i have my eye on someone in particular. I've hogtied people in bars, killed everybody inside and any law enforcement outside, then make off with the victim on horseback. And then there are the times i drag people through town until death for the sole purpose of luring the law enforcement out, so i can murder them all and abduct one of them, making an example of him, such as laying him in the middle of the street and executing him with a headshot for all to see, or taking him to the middle of a desert, releasing him, only for him to be eaten by wolves, or simply slit his throat with the knife. In fact, the knife, revolver, and tomahawk are my favoured weapons of execution, probably in that order. Though the revolver has the benefit of sometimes making the body jerk a bit, letting it fall down cliffsides as i described earlier. The knife is more of a silent weapon when you don't want to be bothered with witnesses. The sort of thing you use to kill someone when you're at a campsite and they're by the tent.

I have no idea why i do these things. I just get... cravings. It's very satisfying. I've wasted many hours simply hunting and killing people in this fashion, but always making sure to wear my bandanna so i'm always 100% honourable. I'm sort of like the wild west version of Patrick Bateman.
dude, you're a sociopath, can you teach me, PLEASE * pretty face* The worst thigs I did was whenI was playing those shitty saw games and I let oswald get contorted, it felt nice, although seriously man, TEACH ME

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
In fable one I killed everyone in oakvale, along with most of the army, brought there houses/shops, and then sold them back to them when they re-spawned. All of them at the maximum amount of rent. To make it even funnier, I somehow maxed out my good guy points after that and regularly ran around the town with my halo and butterflies, terrifying everyone.

In Fallout NV I did the quest to save Goodsprings from the raiders, succeeded and got my reward. I then brutally murdered the whole town with a baseball bat. Including the dog. I felt so bad after doing that i deleted the character and haven't played the game for longer than a hour sense.

Michael Brunson

Jun 4, 2011
I got black out drunk one night... in real life... then apparently played Oblivion and went on a murdering spree. I came to early in the next morning and I was just sitting in Jail... I think I had killed 25 or so people before I got arrested. Not bad for a drunk.

Other than that I intentionally let my starve.

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
aei_haruko said:
Gralian said:
I, uh... I don't know why, but i kidnap people on Red Dead Redemption. I find people riding out in the wilderness alone, or i find a stagecoach, i put on my bandana, i kill any companions the victim might have (and any witnesses), and then i rope up the last one left alive, hogtie them, and put them on my horse. I then ride out into the middle of nowhere, it could be a camp, it could be the top of a cliffside, i point the gun at their face, and pull the trigger. The benefit to a cliffside is that the corpse sometimes dramatically ragdolls off the side and falls down the crevice. Sometimes i ride up to a deep river and throw them in, causing them to drown, while i watch. Sometimes i put them in front of a train and wait until they are run over. (I got the Dastardly achievement purely by accident by doing this). Sometimes, if the train is in the station, i board it - and wait until we're in the middle of nowhere, like somewhere high up in the mountains. I then take out my gun and start shooting everyone, working my way up to the driver, and killing him if the train has stopped. I was sad to see you couldn't drive the train yourself to the next station, which meant a lot of tedious riding back to town. Ah, the town; there are the times where i lose all subtlety and don't bother looking for victims in the wilderness. Sometimes i simply ride into town, roping and dragging someone to the outskirts, letting him or her go while i kill the law enforcement, and laugh as they try to run back to civilisation, only to ride up and abduct them inches before freedom. Sometimes i have my eye on someone in particular. I've hogtied people in bars, killed everybody inside and any law enforcement outside, then make off with the victim on horseback. And then there are the times i drag people through town until death for the sole purpose of luring the law enforcement out, so i can murder them all and abduct one of them, making an example of him, such as laying him in the middle of the street and executing him with a headshot for all to see, or taking him to the middle of a desert, releasing him, only for him to be eaten by wolves, or simply slit his throat with the knife. In fact, the knife, revolver, and tomahawk are my favoured weapons of execution, probably in that order. Though the revolver has the benefit of sometimes making the body jerk a bit, letting it fall down cliffsides as i described earlier. The knife is more of a silent weapon when you don't want to be bothered with witnesses. The sort of thing you use to kill someone when you're at a campsite and they're by the tent.

I have no idea why i do these things. I just get... cravings. It's very satisfying. I've wasted many hours simply hunting and killing people in this fashion, but always making sure to wear my bandanna so i'm always 100% honourable. I'm sort of like the wild west version of Patrick Bateman.
dude, you're a sociopath, can you teach me, PLEASE * pretty face* The worst thigs I did was whenI was playing those shitty saw games and I let oswald get contorted, it felt nice, although seriously man, TEACH ME
Dude. If ur not joking, get help

Photon987

May 27, 2009
Neverwinter Nights, Shadows of the Undrentide.

Rescued a baby, decided to keep the baby for myself, killed the mother when she attacked to reclaim the baby, and selling the baby into slavery to Red Wizards in town. Can you say in-store discount?

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
2 guards defending a point. 1 in plain view, the other hidden.

I shot the first guy in the leg so his mate would come out of hiding to drag him to safety and thus take out both guards.

A true dirty bastard tactic.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
In Red Dead Undead I killed a family of Zombies. Set them fire then shoot them in the head. I left one live as a message to all the other zombie bastards. But now I'm a zombie and I am not allowed to join their community.

ragsmorrison

Sep 1, 2010
In Fallout 3, I remember putting on a series of rather obscene puppet shows with the corpses of Talon Mercenaries who got to jumping me coming out of about every third building. Lord, I hate those sons of bitches..

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
aei_haruko said:
Lol. I thought people would be kind of disgusted with my little acts of violence, but all evidence to the contrary i guess. Sometimes i mix it up; i may abduct one person, a man or a woman, and leave them by my little 'camp', and then find another nearby victim and bring him / her over to my horse and my other victim. Sometimes i execute the second victim in front of the first. Sometimes i let the first watch as i free the second, and as he is running madly away from me, i shoot him in the legs and watch him fall over, and desperately try to limp away, before i end it with a well-placed and silent throwing knife to his back. Sometimes i fire shots beside the victim to make them panic; it's fun watching their legs twitch and their body struggle when they get scared. Sometimes when i put them on the tracks and a train is incoming, i hold my gun at them, deciding whether they'll die by my bullet before being run over or whether i'll let the train take them. Or sometimes i'll throw a molotov cocktail on them while they're tied up, in the vein of Kick-Ass, when Big Daddy is being torched by the gangsters.

...I guess what i'm saying is that variety is the spice of life. Be creative!

Fun fact: Red Dead actually lets me fulfill all of my sadistic little desires in ways i wished i could in the Grand Theft Auto series. I was absolutely shocked when they gave me a lasso in Red Dead. I couldn't believe they let me keep it after the mission, either, or that i could use it in so many wonderfully creative ways. GTA has always had the capacity to facilitate that kind of sadistic torturous violence, but unfortunately became relegated to nothing more than randomly stabbing someone in public down an alleyway or shooting someone with a rifle from further away than they could see you, which led to the law enforcement coming after you who have flawless tracking skills. That's always been a real bugbear of mine, and it made me very happy to see it was eliminated from Red Dead. You actually have the option to silence your witnesses, be it with a gun or with cash. No more insta-tracking flawless law enforcement agencies out to ruin your day. I do hope this trend continues with the next Rockstar game.

t3h br0th3r said:
Dude. If ur not joking, get help
Oh come now, we all have our little deviances! Besides, fulfilling them on a game isn't hurting anyone. Think of it as... enhancing the enjoyment of the player by thinking outside of the box and causing a little mayhem.

PatSilverFox said:
Throwing a baby into a lake...
Blimey. What game was that?

Also, i love this thread. Most interesting topic of player behaviour in a long time.

MindBullets

Apr 5, 2008
Probably that time I pointed a shotgun at some random in GTA and was like: "You have to the count of three to get out of my sight. One..." *BOOM*

(I only narrate my character if someone's watching me play. I'm not crazy.)

PatSilverFox

Apr 2, 2011
Gralian said:
PatSilverFox said:
Throwing a baby into a lake...
Blimey. What game was that?

Also, i love this thread. Most interesting topic of player behaviour in a long time.
Peasant Quest!

THROW BABY
ENTER

O_O

The worst part is i typed in the command for it to happen because it was one of those games.
I didn't know it would work...