The Most Immoral Thing You've Done in a Video Game

DAPLR

Nov 11, 2010
I KILLED A CHILD!!! In Dragon Age: ORIGINS, I mercillesly ignored all attempts and persuasions to save the child so I could cut his throat and destroy the demon!
I always pick the evil option first in any game with a choice system :)

DAPLR

Nov 11, 2010
oh yeah, I played through Manhunt one and two....so I've done some F***ed up stuff :D
Its good to be bad >:)

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Radeonx said:
In the Fallout games I had a second file that was meant for one thing; killing everybody.
It was so evil yet so fun.
This.Exactly this. I was dissapointed with the plot armour on certain individuals in fallout 3 but I still killed everything I could find.

Icynoodles

May 26, 2010
mr.mystery said:
im so glad no one has mentioned Mass effect. none of the renegade options are "that" bad. mmm worst thing ive done? I typically murder everyone in every town in red dead redemption. Its really the only way to get one of the achievments anyway.
... Sorry. :(

Smeg_head

Jun 30, 2010
In Rise of Nations, I had risen to the absolute top in a skirmish, the only nations were me(Korea), my tiny ally the Chinese, and Japan. I invaded Japan, thousands of casualties on both sides, even when they begged for mercy I pressed on, and eventually the Siege of Kyoto came to abrupt end when my Infantry finally busted through their defences, and the Korean Empire ruled to the entire 3 player map. Aside from China of course, but that won't be for long... Muahahahahahah

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Mike-E said:
Choosing to let a young woman have a curse put on her that makes her about 60 years older, just so my character would still look young and hip in Fable 2.

OR

Using the Ray Sphere a second time, aware that it might kill thousands of people again in inFamous.
this is what i did in my defence

i went up to Kessler and said

'i Thought it was the Off BUTTON'

lol

TheJayke

Oct 22, 2010
In Red Dead Redemption, I kidnapped a nun, then laid her on a train track and waited around for the train to come.
That was a great achievement..

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
Gralian said:
I, uh... I don't know why, but i kidnap people on Red Dead Redemption. I find people riding out in the wilderness alone, or i find a stagecoach, i put on my bandana, i kill any companions the victim might have (and any witnesses), and then i rope up the last one left alive, hogtie them, and put them on my horse. I then ride out into the middle of nowhere, it could be a camp, it could be the top of a cliffside, i point the gun at their face, and pull the trigger.....
-Snip-

I have no idea why i do these things. I just get... cravings. It's very satisfying. I've wasted many hours simply hunting and killing people in this fashion, but always making sure to wear my bandanna so i'm always 100% honourable. I'm sort of like the wild west version of Patrick Bateman.
i completely understand. while usually I prefer the "good" path in games for some reason, in GTA 4 it started as quasi innocent, after going on a few innocent "dates" with Niko's ladyfriends, the one girl I actually liked (read: she was the least annoying) actually broke up with Niko over some random arbitrary nonsense. Niko and I sat there, contemplated, then we reloaded the save. Went on the date. And everything started spiraling out of control.

I would try to find new and inventive ways to kill the girlfriends, with my favourite method involving picking them up in a car the was almost damaged to the point of being on fire. A few bumps later and a speeding bailout on a straight-a-way would leave the poor girl sitting ablaze in a rolling time-bomb. That way the game doesnt perceive it as you actively threatening them (then they break up with you) But thats not the worst.

For some reason Niko (and not I, I was merely his 'retainer' at this time, the one who would share in these episodes)....for some reason, Niko would feel compelled to examin the smoldering wreckage of the car, and to take pictures of the burnt lass within. Much to our dismay, you couldn't save the pictures. No matter, Niko and I had our new hunt, and new trophies to acquire, no matter how temporary the trophies would be.

Between killing Niko's girlfriends, and waiting for them to come out of the hospital and call for a pickup (where we would kill them again, preferably with the helicopters rotors, so that it would still be considered "accidental" and they wont break up with you) ...between this I would take to the occasional whore, they were awesome as the promise of money always gets them in the car. They would, of course get the classic prostitute treatment, seedy back alley-ways were at first their only witness to the last passionate indulgence they would ever face.... before the knife got a taste.
The knife was always preferred over the firearm, so much more intimate. And bare-handed slaying was just brutal. Plus the knife always garnished the game with one more event; the chase.

After a while it was any "pretty" girl that could be found on the streets of Liberty. Niko would follow them for a block or so, only to realize that they would never acknowledge him more than they were scripted to, and the only way that they would ever be a part of one anothers life was through the knife. That greedy, vile knife, so warm at first, the bastard, but then it was always over too quickly. The guns were for any potential witnesses.

And then always the pictures. Usually 2 or 3 per kill, at least one good one of the body, and at least one good one of the face. I imagined Niko wouldtake to one of his finer safehouses, in his fine tailored suit, and review his trophies over wine and classical music. Niko, I'm assuming, would himself be wondering where these psychotic impulses were coming from. Almost like he was being controlled....

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
Eating people's souls (including party members) in NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer. Most of the time, I play good guys, but once in a while...

To a lesser extent, in Oblivion with the Dark Brotherhood quests? I LIVE for that mansion quest.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Fallout 3 probably holds the most commonplace title.
BLOWING UP MEGATON. That's pretty immoral, even compared to selling children to slavers.

Of course there are Newgrounds games that probably blow that immorality out of the water, but...

snave

Nov 10, 2009
Play the Kingdom of Loathing and you'll still have a tough time answering this question, but the answer as to _which game_ it happened in will be clear.

iamjustme

Jun 16, 2010
Back in the old days of the original Sims I set up my community and populated all the houses. Then one of my families started inviting the others over as guests. I'd wait until the guest went into the bathroom then move a piece of furniture in front of the door. Then I'd remove the toilet.

They'd be in there, crying and yelling and peeing on themselves until they finally starved to death. It took a surprisingly long time but I acquired quite a collection of tombstones in that house.

Reshkar

"Face to Face"
May 18, 2010
If no one have said it yet, put a hogtied woman on the train tracks on RDR. It was fun to watch aaand for the achievement :3

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Deliberately got the bad endings in Oddworld? Leading mudokens into grinders and the like.

Nah I've probably done worse, mainly to the annoying fan in Oblivion.

marfin_

Mar 14, 2011
In KOTOR I took a wraid plate from a woman on Tatooine. She had lost her husband and wanted to sell his last hunting trophy so she and her children could buy a ride to some other world, but I just took it. yeah I felt pretty bad.

However the funniest immoral thing I have seen someone else do in a video game was also in KOTOR and in Tatooine, when a woman set up mines around her cheating husband when he was in the desert. So he could either blow himself up or die of dehydration. The conversation with them both was hilarious.

mr.mystery

Mar 24, 2011
Icynoodles said:
mr.mystery said:
im so glad no one has mentioned Mass effect. none of the renegade options are "that" bad. mmm worst thing ive done? I typically murder everyone in every town in red dead redemption. Its really the only way to get one of the achievments anyway.
... Sorry. :(
Its just a game. No one in that game is real. And none of the characters are remotely likable.
If it makes you feel any better Marston dies at the end anyway.