the most impractical weapon you have ever incountered in a videogame

ICanBreakTheseCuffs

Jun 4, 2010
yea,the most impractical weapon ever.I can't really put a finger on mine but arguably the carbine from halo.The needle rifle is better than this and when I was playing halo 3 I RARELY used it.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
The Chinese Pistol in Fallout 3.

Has anyone ever used that piece of junk?

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Yureina said:

No, the .32 cal pistol is worse. Much worse. Maxes out at 4 DMG not the 5 DMG that the Chinese pistol has.

But that's not the worst, the worst is the Plasma Pistol from Halo. That thing is "shite on a crusty role" to quote Yahtzee out of context.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Ironman126 said:
Yureina said:

No, the .32 cal pistol is worse. Much worse. Maxes out at 4 DMG not the 5 DMG that the Chinese pistol has.

But that's not the worst, the worst is the Plasma Pistol from Halo. That thing is "shite on a crusty role" to quote Yahtzee out of context.
No. I like the Plasma Pistol, but it's not so much a pistol as a portable EMP. The worst is the silenced SMG from Halo 3 ODST. Garbage. Silencer didn't even help. You fire one shot and everyone in a city block knows where you are.

youdontbelong

Apr 1, 2009
Yureina said:

I use the chinese pistol in fallout 3, but only because i like the design of the mauser C96

ClassicJokester

I Love You.
Apr 16, 2010
Carbine = Amazing. Carbine + Plasma Pistol = Whats a Killing Frenzy?

OT: Any dual-wieldable weapon from Halo 2 by itself. Wait, what? You spawned with one? Design Fail.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
SomeLameStuff said:
The Finger from Worms.

*Poke* 1 damage!
Ha! In the original version, it didn't even do damage at all.

OT: I'm gonna continue a rant from earlier and say the chainsaw. Yes in-game it's pretty much the perfect weapon. And I'll admit that if everything goes perfectly, it would be really good. Unfortunately, this is the real world. And chainsaws are less than reliable.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I'm going to have to go with some of the items from Dead Rising 2, like the whipped cream or the joke-items. They do literally no damage, and some don't even have a bad effect

DRJR

Sep 21, 2010
Anything that sprays acid or shoots electricity. Why dissolve their flesh or send their muscles into spasms and eventually kill them when a bullet to the head or even a club could just as easily down them. Sure it's entertaining in a video game but not very efficient.

nintendoeats

Jan 27, 2010
DRJR said:
Anything that sprays acid or shoots electricity. Why dissolve their flesh or send their muscles into spasms and eventually kill them when a bullet to the head or even a club could just as easily down them. Sure it's entertaining in a video game but not very efficient.
But isn't being entertaining a use in and of itself?

DRJR

Sep 21, 2010
That is true but I just mean when in reality would you ever see someone use something like that. It's fine for games because it's different I just feel that they are pretty impractical although entertaining.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
The bubble gun in Earthworm Jim, seriously...did I miss some secret use for it or something?

EDIT: Also, honourary mention should go to the majority of flamethrowers in games (case and point, the flamer in AVP usually results in you killing yourself by making enemies explode right next to you).

Zildjin81

Feb 7, 2009
ICanBreakTheseCuffs said:
yea,the most impractical weapon ever.I can't really put a finger on mine but arguably the carbine from halo.The needle rifle is better than this and when I was playing halo 3 I RARELY used it.
Really? Really? You know you can zoom in with the carbine, right? In my opinion, the carbine is an excellent weapon.