The most intense level you have ever played

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
Forty player killing floor.
You have not played a clusterfuck until you have played 40 man killing floor.

Also, many multiplayer Serious Sam games get like this.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Epslion.Bear said:
I hated the end fight oil rig in MW2 it was annoying

Also The start of "tip of the spear" on halo reach on legendary

I hate that fuel rod turret :mad:
I know how you feel. That little grunt shows no mercy.

Zergadooful

Sep 30, 2010
The final mission in ME2, It was incredibly intense because I knew my squad mates (and myself)could be killed, but I wasn't entirely sure if it would happen during gameplay or a cutscene. Needless to say, I was extremely careful and got through the mission without dying once.

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis: After Montignac

In the earlier mission your squad is ordered to attack the village of Montignac. After the assault, HQ orders all units to withdraw from the island. Your squad is then ordered to be evacuated by a Blackhawk. The Blackhawk gets shot down by an enemy Hind. You have to run to a nearby forest to avoid the Hind.

After Montignac starts with you being in that forest. Your squad is dead and the radio isn't working. You then have 30 minutes(Not sure about the time) to get to the evacuation point alone. Only problem is that it's very far away and there are many Russians on the way.

And I mean a lot of Russians.

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
Spydercake said:
Forty player killing floor.
You have not played a clusterfuck until you have played 40 man killing floor.
Oh yes... Man, I remember this one time, when all the players camped at the same stairs. Nothing could stop us :)

Also, if you want more clusterfuck, try SWAT 4 Co-Op with more than 4 players.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Diablo 2, co-op, the Dark Moor (I think, it's called that) on the Chaos mod.

There's heaps of exploding pumpkin monsters that will kill you if they explode too close to you, it's dark, you're trying to keep track of your team, maybe you're even waiting nicely over someone's stuff after they've died. And those monsters keep spawning... and spawning... and spawning...

Tomo Stryker

Aug 20, 2010
The last level of Super Meat Boy on The Dark World. I decided to record my time and it literally took three hours. I mean other than that the next best thing I could think of is the final level of Gears of War on Insane. General RAAM is a total ***** for being indestructible but its relatively easy if you have the right team mate and the right weaponry, then its a walk in the park.

Isaac The Grape

Apr 27, 2010
Realitycrash said:
"If I Had A Rocket Launcher, I'd Make Somebody Pay" from Marathon 2, on Total Carnage difficulty.

Not that I expect any of you to know what the hell I am talking about, but there's my two cents.
You deserve a medal for playing that game. Have you played through the rest of the Marathon series? (For those who don't know; a FPS franchise made by Bungie)

OT: Sanctuary from Cave Story.

I've been trying to beat it for 9 FUCKING MONTHS. To be fair I was trying to finish it without the life pot and using the MG. I have since restarted the game, played through it to get the Spur, and have noticed a dramatic improvement in skills since doing so. Currently attempting the Four Boss Fight of Hell. AKA: the standard ending.

The Moehlinator

Mar 25, 2011
Zechnophobe said:
Man some of my most intense gaming moments came from L4D and its sequel. I can still recall running around in a sewer, all 3 of my friends down, and the tank that killed them coming after me.
... I sprint over the corpse of an ally, and snag his auto shotgun
... Turn through a small hole... where did the tank go? I thought he was right behind.
... I hear him in the darkness, unload some shots, then dodge away from the chunk of cement as it crashes a meer inch from my squishy head.
... The final rush as I circle around him finishing him off
... Still all lone, I *must* make it to the safe house, and that means not getting caught by any of the nasties in the game... it isn't far, but a single mistake and we ALL lose the round.

Pulling the door closed behind me was one of the best feelings I've ever had in a game.
I agree with this, that game made for some heart pounding moments when all of your friends were screaming in your ear "GO! GO! WATCH OUT FOR THE SMOKER! RUN!!!". When the door closes and that "yay, you're not dead" music played it felt soooo good.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Pretty much the entirety of the Alien Vendetta .wad for Doom 2 on Ultra-Violence. It's an intense experience and it requires all of your Doom knowledge and dexterity to get through, but it never really hits a wall like Hell Revealed 2 does. It's hard, but it's not bang your head against the wall hard. I still consider beating Alien Vendetta on Ultra-Violence one of my greatest gaming feats. Having 2,000 enemies thrown at you in a single level isn't easy, and the fact that cyber-demons, arch-viles, masses of 10 revenants at a time, chaingun snipers are tossed into the mix makes it an ass ache. But when you take down that last cyber-demon with 25 health left, you feel great.

Scythas

May 19, 2009
Serious Sam 2, playing a LAN me and seven friends.

We load into this area and this giant fuck-off mechanical spider comes at us, we had to throw everything we had at it just to take it down. While we're congratulating ourselves on a job well done, twelve more of the aforementioned spiders materialise, along with many adds, and proceed to give us a good hiding.

Euhan01

Mar 16, 2011
The final level of the Suladin campaing in Age of Empires II on a high difficulty. Holding out defending the wonder against waves of attackers the first time I did it was really tense as I desperatly tried to hold them out, rember I had a shocking start and most of the wonder's hit points were destroyed.

Another contender would be one of the Imperial Guard missions (third one I think) in Dawn of War Winter Assualt when you have to hold out until a baneblade arriveds against Hordes of orks with help from the Eldar.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
V:TM Bloodlines. Haunted Hotel. I usually don't like anything horrory but that level I really enjoyed every time. When I first came in I thought "Ooh, rattling the lights in the ceiling, how scary". Five minutes later I was lost in the building, hearing some pretty uncomfortable stuff and every now and then a terrified ghost would be running down a side-passage. Excellently made level.

From the same game, the level with the photographer. Won't go into details if you haven't played it but it gave me the chills first time I did it.

Giandroid

Jun 15, 2010
Hmm... the final boss battle of Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. Now THAT was an endgame. It was the sort of battle you can only win when you've used all your healing items, spent all your ammo, and literally have to slap the last bit of health bar off the boss, which is probably what makes it my favorite game.

Also, it will make you break your controller over your skull.

Teh Jammah

Nov 13, 2010
Innumerable Left 4 Dead examples come to mind, but personal fav has to be a game of Versus on Dark Carnival stage 2. Other team had gone first and had managed to get everyone to the safe room, while in fairly good shape. Our turn comes around and we start getting hammered from the outset and it looks like we're going to TPKO sooner rather than later. Somehow we keep going, manage to get through the crescendo, but I'm the only one left standing. Rather than be a dick and run for the saferoom, I help two of the team up, then get incapped as one the others helps the last one up. My mate and the other guy limp off to the safe room, guy i revived helps me up and we all made it to the safe room, albeit with, like 10 health between us.

We lost the round 'cos the other team took less damage, but damn did I ever feel epic after that

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Isaac The Grape said:
Realitycrash said:
"If I Had A Rocket Launcher, I'd Make Somebody Pay" from Marathon 2, on Total Carnage difficulty.

Not that I expect any of you to know what the hell I am talking about, but there's my two cents.
You deserve a medal for playing that game. Have you played through the rest of the Marathon series? (For those who don't know; a FPS franchise made by Bungie)
Played them all, naturally. Grew up with them ^^

IIHARLIMSP is crazy.

I think the game itself sums it up nicely with the intro terminal:
If I Had a Rocket Launcher, I'd Make Somebody Pay
Terminal 1

The first Pfhor dropship landed twelve
minutes ago, and their troopers have
already penetrated the hull. It seems that
our standard operating procedure calls for
me to transport you into the worst
fighting. Maybe you can slow them down.
==
It may only seem like a matter of hours
since your last battle here, but remember
that seventeen years have passed for those
of us who did not spend the voyage from Tau
Ceti in a stasis chamber. A few things
have changed:

==
We're helpless on Lh'owon's second moon.
Our engines have been destroyed and all
primary weapons are off-line. Life support
has failed in most areas.

Enjoy yourself.

And then of course you're teleported into a series of wonky hallways and made to fight off huge armies of enemies that teleport in around you and storm off of ledges in huge numbers.

Meanwhile, Durandal teleports A LOT of ammunition your way.
That ammo never lasts long on Total Carnage. You always end up trying to bring down Hunters with your 10mm pistol. In the end you just got to run circles and strafe around the crowds of murderous aliens and hope that they inflict enough friendly fire for you to run past them. They are so many that they literary block the hallways.

Thanks for the terminal-quote, btw. I'v missed those. God, Marathon has such an excellent story. Far superb to Halo (though Halo have better physics, graphics, etc etc, but what do you expect, Marathon-series is atleast fifteen years old).

SarahSyna

Jul 8, 2009
Probably played worse, but the first one that springs to mind is Meat Circus from Psychonauts. Oh Christ, Meat Circus.