The most ridiculous gun in any game.

bassie302

Feb 3, 2008
I'm surprised Serious Sam hasn't been mentioned yet. Shooting man-sized cannonballs that mow through the fodder like nobody's bussiness never gets old.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
zauxz said:

I think this speaks for itself.
It...doesn't.

I don't understand.

What?

I always thought Fortune's handheld railgun in MGS2 was pretty crazy.

SnippyWings

We're on a bridge charlie!
Aug 25, 2009
Amnestic said:
zauxz said:

It...doesn't.

I don't understand.

What?
that is from Gears of War suggesting that the lancer [chainsaw gun] has cut his fingers off.

anyway the experimental MIRV from fallout 3.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
The Wabbajack.

Because not only are its effects amusing, but its just as likely to turn around and bite you in the arse by making your enemy stronger.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Anything that the titular character picks up along his way in Ratchet & Clank, period. Ratchet's guns are all either simply ridiculous or ridiculously overpowered. Or both at the same time. And we love him for it.

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
zauxz said:

It really doesn't. What the hell is that? Apart from a big hand with a helicopter next to it, I mean.

Pekkipang

Jan 12, 2010
I must then say the 50. cal in mw2.

I mean common, you dont one hit with it if you shoot someone on the chest for example.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
The Fat-Man! Think about it: If you approach any arms manufacturer or gunsmith with a request to craft a steam-powered-sling-shot which exclusively fires miniature nuclear warheads, you'll either get laughed at or thrown into a deep, dark federal prison on some far-flung island.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
It's not a gun, but the diamond-encrusted grenades from Army of Two: The 40th Day are amazingly over the top.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Has no one mentioned the father of over the top guns?

The BFG 9000.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Someone probably said it already.But the Land Shark Gun makes no sense at all.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Amnestic said:
zauxz said:

It...doesn't.

I don't understand.

What?

I always thought Fortune's handheld railgun in MGS2 was pretty crazy.
Gears of War Lancer assault rifle. Has a massively overcompensatorly chainsaw as a bayonette

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Look, in "Worms" you have guns that fire farm animals. You have, obviously, the BFG9000. You have the gunsword. You have the alien guns from the original Half Life and its expansion packs. You have the annelid launchers from System Shock 2. There are literally hundreds of examples that you could use.

But like L1250 I would refer to this:

L1250 said:
I keep trying to think of something from a game, but my mind always goes to this:
On the same subject, in the original Wolvenstein 3D you got to take on the firepower of a quadruple chain-gun. Wielded by Adolf Hitler.

And if that doesn't win the thread, I don't know what the heck will.