The movie that made you cry the hardest

DJjaffacake

Jan 7, 2012
Watership Down is brutal for what is ostensibly a children's film.

The ending of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas had me choking up.

And the second to last scene of The Return of the King. "I will not say do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." Manly tears Gandalf, manly tears.

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
Grave of the Fireflies. It's a film that I can never see again, because the end punched me in the guts so hard, that I can't bring myself to rewatch it. It's just that good.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Requiem For a Dream
also, UP

For series:
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I can't remember that many movies where I cried but I will say that I cried while watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I didn't cry when Cedric died...but when his father saw his body...that pushed me over the edge

scarecrow350

Apr 4, 2010
I have never ever cried at a film/book/game
i mean ive felt sad sure but never to the point of tears
now that i think about it the only times ive ever cried were when i was in pain,and even then thats not been for at least a few years since i broke my fingers
i dont actually think ive cried in at least two years
and ive seen a bunch of sad films; schindlers list, boy in striped pajamas etc.
danm, thats kinda weird

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Zhukov said:
Up. That opening sequence.
I hear that a lot when I say I cry at Up, but personally I think the saddest part of that film is when he finds the back pages of the Adventure Book.
Seriously, I cry so hard every time I watch that.

jelock

Nov 29, 2009
Always remember being in tears at the end of Life is Beautiful, when
the father sacrifices himself for his son and the kid still goes on believing the whole concentration camp experience is a game

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Eclpsedragon said:
The Lion King makes me cry... It's not even that scene which does it.
I start crying at the very beginning, when Simba is born and the "circle of life" song is playing.
I cried at the opening once too. I was just so moved by it, and it was so beautiful. Then again, I was sick at the time, so there's that (not that I don't like the movie, I love it).

Anyway, I'm not sure. I want to say Titanic when I saw it in theaters on the 100th anniversary of it's sinking (from about when the band started playing 'Nearer My God to Thee' throughout, plus it didn't help that pretty much everyone else in the theater was crying), but then again, Toy Story 3 hit me hard, as well as *that* part in Up. Damn you Pixar!!

Great, now I'm feeling all sad. Better listen to something stupid and fun. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi1nVH2yVwc]

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Toy Story 3 almost brought a tear in my eyes on the last few scenes of the movie.

I strongly believe that this movie is not targeted for kids, but the kids who grew up with the first two films and are either in college/graduated from college, as the emotional impact is much stronger for that audience.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Also, I watched Marley and Me not that long ago, and the funny thing is, I didn't want to watch it, but my friends did. I thought it was going to be a stupid movie, and at the end? I cried my eyes out, and then I went home and hugged my dog.
This. I even knew what was going to happen in the end and even then I still cried.

Still makes me sad thinking about it.

EDIT: Oh, and Toy Story 3's last scene as well. It's like that movie was specifically created just for me and everyone else who grew up with the first two movies. :')

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
The Room.
No, seriously. At one point, I was laughing so hard that I was crying. In fact, at one point in that... thing (I will not call it a movie), I just fell out of my chair and clutched my skull. I think that everyone interested in filmmaking, or just the arts in general, should see The Room, as a hefty guide of "What not to do".

Other than that, I can't think of any. Maybe I'm emotionally detatched or something, although The Road came close. Oh, and we had to watch The Boy in Striped Pajamas in literature class. That one didn't make me cry, it nearly made me sick. Maybe it was just the fact that such things actually happened. Reading about the Holocaust is one thing; watching a seemingly accurate representation of it is another thing entirely.
Everyone left Literature class in a really crappy mood.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
scorptatious said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Also, I watched Marley and Me not that long ago, and the funny thing is, I didn't want to watch it, but my friends did. I thought it was going to be a stupid movie, and at the end? I cried my eyes out, and then I went home and hugged my dog.
This. I even knew what was going to happen in the end and even then I still cried.

Still makes me sad thinking about it.

EDIT: Oh, and Toy Story 3's last scene as well. It's like that movie was specifically created just for me and everyone else who grew up with the first two movies. :')
Same here, I knew what was going to happen, but dammit I cried anyways.

I can't watch that movie again because of the ending.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I've cried at exactly one movie my entire life.

I was 11. The movie was Dragonheart. Don't judge.