The movie that made you cry the hardest

BakedAlaskan

Aug 31, 2011
I've gotta say the ending confession during Brother Bear, and the hospital scene/ending from Big Fish. Daddy issues abound!!

Matt Dellar

Jun 26, 2011
Lord of the Rings, three times.
Gandalf's "Fly, you fools!" coupled with Frodo screaming his name, then their cry moment outside the mines. I had my door open while I watched it and I hoped no one would look in, because I completely forgot how sad that moment actually was--even knowing that Gandalf comes back.

Next was Boromir's redemption. He tried to take the ring, hated himself for it, then took three arrows protecting the hobbits and had to be there, barely alive, while they were taken away and to him, his last stand was a failure.

Last one was the scene with Frodo and Sam and the boat. Ugh, just thinking about it... I wanna watch it again. I love that movie so much.

JKain

Mar 15, 2011
"Wilbur wants to kill himself"
A Tragicomedy where the whole situation towards the end with an almost brief conversation between the protagonist and his brother, where most of the drama just comes through the subtext of what is actually said.....as I was reflecting on it during the end-credits I suddenly broke into tears.

on the other hand "Grave of the Fireflies" for me- I had to put into the category of: trying too hard.
Only 1 scene got me emotionally attached (and it wasn't the ending)

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Holes actually... I guess I'm a real sucker for love.

Kate Barlow, a local school teacher, rejects rich landowner Trout Walker in favor of local onion seller Sam (Dulé Hill), a black man. When Sam kisses Kate, the townspeople burn the school. Sam attempts to escape on his boat, but Trout kills Sam.

There is so much more too it, but it made me cry pretty hard.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
I tend to empathize pretty deeply with very specific situations in cinema, so there are quite a few.

Up: Yes, the first goddamn 10 minutes, just like the other 90 percent of the population. I tend to extend a certain amount of trust towards Pixar, to create films that appeal to everyone regardless of age. But damn if that opening sequence didn't leave the young kids in the dust and emotionally terrorize every adult in the room. Christ, just didn't see it coming.

The Fountain: Loved the film, one of my all time favorites, but the first time I watched it, I was already in a very weird place emotionally. Something clicked, and I spent the next several minutes just bawling. Also, why does WOLVERINE have to break down, why?!

The Fox and the Hound: Right in the fucking childhood!

Futurama, Season 4, Leela's Homeword: That closing montage will tear me to pieces for very specific reasons.

ALL THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF SOLDIERS RETURNING HOME TO KIDS/SPOUSES/DOGS: I void that section of youtube like it's got the bloody flux

tipp6353

Oct 7, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Grave of the Fireflies.

I cried so very hard.

Also, I watched Marley and Me not that long ago, and the funny thing is, I didn't want to watch it, but my friends did. I thought it was going to be a stupid movie, and at the end? I cried my eyes out, and then I went home and hugged my dog.
Both of those movies made me depressed.....I would have to say either Grave of the Fireflies or Secret World of Airetty...

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
Sacman said:
Only one scene from one movie has ever made me cry...

So sad... ;_;
Same for me. It's been a while since I've seen this, or seen a movie that's made me cry like this one. I was only a kid when I saw it and I just got so upset.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Jarlaxl said:
The Iron Giant.

"You...stay...I...go...no...following."

EVERY ****ING TIME
Almost this. That gets me chocked up. But then the kicker being... Superman...
Oh god... I think I need to sit down for a second... *cries*

OT: Other than that, The Shawshank Redemption gets me crying like a baby every damn time I see it. Specifically this scene...

WHERE'S A BOX OF GODDAMN TISSUES WHEN YOU NEED ONE?!?

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
The Iron Giant. The ending always freaking makes me cry, to this day.

And I rarely ever cry.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Damn. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRduXj7-A7E]

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
The only movie that's made me cry in recent memory is Eight Below. Which goes to show that dogs make better actors then most of the actors in Hollywood. ...which isn't saying much.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Ben Agar said:
Lord of the Rings, the end of return of the king made me weep like a baby and as a kid, Dragonheart the death of Sean Connery, oops I mean the Dragon, was sad.

One Piece has made me cry more than anything, Tony Chopper's backstory as well as Nico Robin's and many. many other scenes
Yaaaaaaaaa One Piece can be surprisingly sad. Remember when Merry dies I always tear up there. One Piece is the only show that could make me cry over a fictional dead piece of wood XD.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Click (twice), Apollo 13 and V for Vendetta (twice)... And a few others.

The first part of Up! was very manageable to me. I've never had to face death in my close family but I am not stranger to the feeling of losing someone permanently. However, the Adventure Book part is much, much worse - that's what actually made me cry.

Toy Story 3 was almost there.

StBishop said:
The Room.

(Trollface)
My screen is now covered in spit.

Idocreating said:
Toy Story 3 was a big one, though the top has to be Watchmen.
Maybe I watched the wrong Watchmen, because I don't remember anything particularly depressing.

Micromyni

Jan 26, 2012
I cry at everything. Every even vaguely sad moment in a movie starts the waterworks. It's very stress-relieving.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I got to say the Hurt Locker. Fucking WIlliam James. The one main character I have ever cried so hard for. I seriously was not happy for days after that movie. I was incapable of smiling.

Very great movie though, I go back and watch it & STILL cry. /wibble

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
LostGryphon said:
I've cried at exactly one movie my entire life.

I was 11. The movie was Dragonheart. Don't judge.
Me too! I was really little, and my parents knew how much I loved dragons; so they rented this movie. Thus, I learned of Sean Connery and cried my little eyes out.

As for now, I am not usually affected by movies, but after growing up with the Harry Potter series... Only one word is necessary now: