The movie that made you cry the hardest

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
I've never cried at a movie, but I choked up at the end of Das Boot.

I'm not sure whether I was upset about the loss of the boat or the crew though.

Ben Agar

Dec 4, 2010
Lord of the Rings, the end of return of the king made me weep like a baby and as a kid, Dragonheart the death of Sean Connery, oops I mean the Dragon, was sad.

One Piece has made me cry more than anything, Tony Chopper's backstory as well as Nico Robin's and many. many other scenes

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, I cry really easily at movies.

However, some stand outs:

- Up. That opening sequence.

- Grave of Fireflies. If you've seen it, you'll know why.

- Gallipoli. Fuck me, that ending. Not a single punch pulled.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Always films with animals such as Watership Down or Warhorse, not to the extent of crying but horribly depressed when watching them.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
Junglebook I guess.. but I was like 7 at the time? That bit where the bear is dead, but really he's fine or whatever.
Last time I remember crying for something that wasn't physical pain was when a teacher brought up some repressed memories, I was 12 or 13 at the time. (The memory was of me and a friend being beaten by a teacher in elementary school.)

Don't really remember last time I cried because of physical pain, but it's been more than a decade ago for sure. When I was 15 I had to undergo a pretty brutal surgery (they removed 2 ribs, among other things) and that boosted my pain threshold fairly impressively.

Nowadays though there seems to be something really wrong in my head, whenever I get hurt I just have to laugh uncontrollably... This has me worried, but I don't want to get it fixed because if I'm ever in a real fight, it will be my greatest asset. Total mindfuck, right?

TwiZtah

Sep 22, 2011
Eclpsedragon said:
The Lion King makes me cry... It's not even that scene which does it.
I start crying at the very beginning, when Simba is born and the "circle of life" song is playing.
I tear up more when he meets mufasa, that song is astounding.

Last time i cried, it was to the finale to Scrubs (season 8, there was no season 9).

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Toy story 3. All of the last 10 minutes or so, I was crying like a baby.

It was like my childhood ending.

Paladin Anderson

Nov 21, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
I don't believe a movie has ever gotten me to cry. It takes A LOT to get me to cry, seeing as how I am the manliest of men who eats bacon with one hand while cutting down trees with the other!

Now, TV shows, there has been one that...made me cr...I mean, I think my allergies were acting up that day....must of been dust or something in my eye...

The death of Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Always brings a tear to my eye....from allergies of course! Now I'm gonna go do something manly like tear a phone-book in half or maybe punch a wall!

I do have a feeling that if I saw Firefly first and Serenity second, a certain scene probably would have gotten me to break down. However, I saw Serenity first so my connection to certain characters was not as well established as it could have been.
That whole Trigun series was just sad. It starts out as a comedy to get you to like the characters, then it starts destroying their lives. I love that show. :(

The part where he holds his gun arm to Monev the Gale's head and is torn apart inside whether or not to shoot him. When the scene starts it's at night but when he finally pulls the gun away it's early morning which means he'd been standing there for hours trying to decide if destroying him was worth throwing away his convictions. Oh, and the episode about the radio tower and the two feuding families.

Damn it I need to watch Trigun again now. Sometimes it feels good to cry. Can't cry over your life. Gotta stay strong. Feels good to let it all out over something comparatively silly and meaningless. At least for me.

As for movies I'd say I Am Legend would be my top one.

The part where he has to strangle his dog, his only companion, to death because she's infected with the virus.

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
Death Carr said:
5 Centimetres per Second.
I can remain manly all throughout that film until the song at the end starts playing. ;_;
This so much. I can feel tears welling up just thinking about it, and it's always the song that gets me too. So much sadness.

Other than that Into the wild, I'm not sure why but it makes me cry every time.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
The Room.

(Trollface)

Real answer. I had a single tear at the end of click. I was about 15 and having issues with my relationship with my dad.

I don't really get emotionally invested in films. They're too brief/shallow. It's why I tend to enjoy films other people hate.

Paladin Anderson

Nov 21, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
Open Water made me cry ..... when it dawned on me i'd spent my hard earned money on that shite.

Other than that ... no film since I was a kid has made me blub HOWEVER Watership Down still makes me choke a little bit.

Live in peace little Rabbit folk, live in peace.
I started reading the Watership Down book this week. 3/4ths of the way through and it's not really sad so far. I think the movie was made to be more sad than the book.... Plenty of time for that to change though. Maybe the book saves all the deaths for the end.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Let The Right One In, it just makes my eyes watery every time in so many scenes...

And as other's have said... 5 Centimeters Per Second gets me quite a few times aswell.

hensethe1

Feb 26, 2011
StBishop said:
The Room.

(Trollface)

Real answer. I had a single tear at the end of click. I was about 15 and having issues with my relationship with my dad.

I don't really get emotionally invested in films. They're too brief/shallow. It's why I tend to enjoy films other people hate.
Now that you mention it, I teared up A LOT in that ending. But that's probably from seeing Kate Beckinsale being sad... I love Kate Beckinsale....

namhorFnodroG

Nov 2, 2011

Oh man, this movie... This freakin' movie! It make me cry like a baby. Aj crai every tiem. Also, Toy Story 3.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
=y said:
The Help. When one of the maids describes how her son was killed. Teared me right up.
I would have liked that movie more, had the protagonist not been a spoilt white girl from Mississippi who had a conscience. I don't care about the story or whether she was always very fond of her maid, the fact that it was about black women only finding the courage to stand up because some white chick told them to had me steaming. Some of the scenes granted were sad but the whole, white girl saves the day, ruined the experience for me. Now to the topic at hand, toward the end of 50/50 I was actually crying a little bit, I won't say why but it was actually quite sad and also touching. Now I just feel like adding a tv show, but the end of the Futurama episode were Seymour sits waiting for fry made me cry, in front of my brothers and mother, it was just so touching. The movie kind of ruined it though, but it'll always be that episode of Futurama that made me cry and also get pissed off about because it didn't win the emmy because one of the unfunny shitty simpsons episodes won.

purplecactus

Jun 25, 2012
Another vote for Watership Down. I was a good handful years younger at the time, and not only did I blubber, but parts of it scared the hell out of me. So far it's been the only film to ever give me nightmares.

Nowadays I tend to tear up a little (or a lot, depending) whenever I see someone cry. So, uh, that's a lot of films...