The movie that made you cry the hardest

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Elephant Man

when you realise he wants to die, he has the means to do it and he chooses to, happily.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
As of yet, the only film to bring me to tears has been Brokeback Mountain, although I was considerably emotionally fucked up at the time. Even still, that scene with the jacket man...and something about the imagery of childhood remnants just really gets to me. :(

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I'm the guy who managed to cry in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (that one scene...with Tuco, and the band playing just outside...), so on top of that it would have to be Toy Story 3 (They had my childhood to work with, and by golly they worked that angle) and Gran Torino (What is it with your movies that gets to me, Clint?).

Galaktia

Jul 4, 2010
Wow, um, the most? god no idea.

Grave of fireflies,

Pixar's Up

Watership down

I am such a cry baby, but you know what, I feel more of a man allowing myself to have emotions than the robots who refuse to experience any sadness cause they are "men".

SniperMacFox

Suffer not the Flamer to live
Jun 26, 2009
CaptainKoala said:
For me I'm going to have to go with Schindler's List
The very last scene, where Liam Neeson is weeping, lamenting that he couldn't sell one more thing and save one last Jew. As if the fact that there were still Jews that needed to be saved meant that his whole endeavor was a failure in his eyes.

Makes me weep like a baby every time I see it.
That scene is the closest I've come to tears for a while, but the last time I cried at a film was watching "Pokémon: The First Movie" when I was eight.

When Pikachu is trying to shock Ash back to life and the pokémon start crying. Good god it's heavy handed drama, but still effective to child me.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Bolt and Toystory 3.

The fact that Toystory 3 involved getting over Toystory made me weep on the outside and inside.

Bolt because I love meself some dogs and cats. All of them were well developed and Bolts undying love to his owner and risking his life for her made me just super sad.

Twyce

Mostly a Lurker
Apr 1, 2009
One that really sticks out to me is the end of The Orphanage. Made my and friend and I cry like babies. Also the end of Pans Labyrinth.

The beginning of Wall-E I found horribly depressing (and of course Up).

Galaktia

Jul 4, 2010
SniperMacFox said:
That scene is the closest I've come to tears for a while, but the last time I cried at a film was watching "Pokémon: The First Movie" when I was eight.

When Pikachu is trying to shock Ash back to life and the pokémon start crying. Good god it's heavy handed drama, but still effective to child me.
Wow I must have been 12 when I watched that, and it made me tear up too.

For some reason I can empathise more with sentient animals than with humans in cartoons, and a desperate need to bring ones friend back is something I can empathise with as well. So Sentient animal, lost best friend, desperate attempt to bring them back, yup that got me.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
The Road was just so disturbing that it made me cry from being disturbed lol. The book did the same exact thing. It's really good but it's just not pleasant to read/watch.

Toy Story 3 was also for some reason soul crushing and when I really think about it, I have no idea why. Maybe it's because it really was one giant metaphor for childhood ending, but I don't think thats the reason why it crushed my soul specifically.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Grave of the Fireflies, near the ending scene (you know what I'm talking about).

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010
Top three films to make me cry (That I can automatically recall) are Titanic, Evita, and The Passion.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The Plague Dogs

It's like Watership Down except more tragic... and with dogs.

It has an ending which will make you cry a river.

Kerboom

May 3, 2012
Zhukov said:
- Up. That opening sequence.
This.

Also, a few of my own

Shawshank Redemption - The scene where Andy plays the opera music over the announcement system in the prison, and you can hear Morgan Freeman talking about it. That was pretty awesome.

Toy Story 3 - That bit where
they're going towards the incinerator. Also, the ending. That was sad.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Probably "Where the Red Fern Grows." But in my defense, I was six at the time and I love dogs.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
The Plague Dogs

It's like Watership Down except more tragic... and with dogs.

It has an ending which will make you cry a river.
Oh, god. I'd forgotten about that one. It didn't make me cry, though. It made me feel horrified and empty inside, but I think it went so far past heavy that I couldn't cry about it.