The movie that made you cry the hardest

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Only one scene from one movie has ever made me cry...

So sad... ;_;

nomzy

Jan 29, 2010
off the top of my head.
First and foremost: The Notebook. Shh don't judge me. Every single fucking time I watch it, multiple times throughout the movie.
Like others have said, 5cm Per Second and Grave of the Fireflies, although I actually got pretty bored watching grave of the fireflies but I STILL cried.
Titanic, UP, Howls Moving Castle.
Yeah I could probably sit here for hours going through the list. I'm easy when it comes to movies.

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
Oi tough question... I think it's either Lonesome Dove or... Breaveheart. At the end when Hamish throws William's sword while Mel narrates and pipes are squealing. I'm tearing up thinking about it haha. Also cried during The Road. Almost cried during Hobo with a Shotgun too, strangely enough. He wanted that lawn mower so bad :'(

EDIT: Also the LOTR movies

saphirekosmos

Dec 25, 2008
Hmm. Pixar movies usually.

UP at the beginning and in the middle . You all know what two scenes I am talking about I bet. XP

The cake has to go to Toy Story 3 though. Dear god the ending scene gets me almost every time. And more than just a couple like most other ones. XD

Cptn_Squishy

Mar 4, 2009
I have to go with 'Big Fish' at the end when Edward Bloom asks his son to tell a tall tale.

It didn't do well at the box office and that's too bad. I rate this as Tim Burton's best movie.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
Toy Story 3 was a big one, though the top has to be Watchmen.

Can probably guess why. Good solid half an hour of sobbing in my bed after that.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
The Time Machine... both the original and the remake.

Something about being lost in the future made me really sad. The way they cut between a spot in the future and that exact same spot in the past hit me hard.

I don't think he was lost in the original, but it still made me sad because of how tragic the future was.

Then again I'm a sucker for time travel and a total sci-fi (NOT syfy) geek.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Titanic. Saw it when I was eight. End of discussion for me.

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
Ghost, every single time. And The Lion King, obviously.

And of course, Toy Story 3. I watched it with my son when he was 6, so obviously he didn't get it like I did, but he knows now to turn it off before the end otherwise mummy will cry!

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
UP.

When the old man gets his shit together and opens the door for the Dog.

It hit me at age, bitterness, plus my Dog had only just recently died at the time.... I legit started bawling in the theater and had to leave.

Hawkolf

Mar 14, 2012
Hah! You pussies, real men don't cry!
Up, Titanic, the Bucket List, Click, Toy Story 3, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, the Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall and Repo! The Genetic Opera...

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
FallenTraveler said:
Fox and the Hound. My god. That is one of the saddest stories. I cry every time.
I love that story havent seen it in years though may have to rewatch it soon also it seems a lot of people cried at grave of the fireflies and 5cm per second but I just found them great films same with the green mile guess im just to manly to cry, yes that must be it.

Although I did cry a lot as a child when I watched Old Yeller damn thats one great film and so so sad at the end, I also had a few tears at the OVAs of Rurouni Kenshin as it shows his life before and after the manga/anime and basically how he lived and died but I think that was an emotional investment in the character overall throughout everything so probably dosent count. Still they are the best OVAs I have ever seen shame the anime was pretty naff (good manga though).

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Hollyday said:
I will cry at ANYTHING! Any even mildly sad spots in a film and I'm bawling like a baby. If I have to make a choice though I'll go with Pixar's Up, since I can't think of many other films which made me cry in the first 15 minutes.
I know what you mean. rewatching "princess 9". Just remembering how the series ends makes me cry when just starting eps 1. Well the first 15 minutes of "Up" were like O.O

I was going to agree with a lot of people and say "Grave of the fireflies" i cried a lot with that movie but then i remembered "Saikano". I could rewatch grave of the fireflies, completely rewatching saikano not really, especially eps 8 from saikano (thought i did tear up from eps 8 till the end of saikano)

When Akemi gets hurt in the latest air-raid. She is all bandaged up on bed while Shuji (her best friend for ages) is next to her. She confessing she always loved while before she dies in his arms from all the injuries

Zuljeet

Jan 14, 2010
Pan's Labyrinth. I *really* want to believe that the girl had gone on to live forever in a happy fairy kingdom after the Captain shot her. I really do. :(

Teimuraz

Mar 21, 2011
Monster Inc.
When she opens the door in the end, and there only a wardrobe behind. I was so upset, dayum

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
No movie has made me cry, mainly because I can't get invested in a character in 2 hours. What has gotten my eyes watery is the ending to the anime Angel Beats.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I have to agree with the OP, Schindler's List had me crying like a baby, especially at that scene.

I am kind of a cry-baby anyway with films. I'm not massively over-emotional in life, but films seem to really draw me in.
A few years ago when I watched Marley & Me, I think I cried for about an hour. I can't not cry at the end of that film.

Other films that have made me cry:
Bambi
The Lion King
Up
I Am Legend (I wont watch that again)
My Sister's Keeper
Titanic
(And many more I can't remember off the top of my head...)

creamy5000

Nov 23, 2009
Saving Private Ryan. The old man with his family at the memoral cemetery was the spitting image of my grandfather who did land on the beach at Normandy. And it gave weight to the few stories that he had shared over time.

SayWhatAgain

Jul 2, 2012
I've watched and loved many great movies in my time. But, even as a young'un, many films have come close, no film has ever made me cry; Terminator 2, Toy Story 3, The Green Mile, Shawshank, you name it. All great, moving films, but only come close to making me cry. I'd get a bit choked up, a fraction of a tear might come out, but that was it. No film ever made me cry.

That is, until I saw 50/50. I was genuinely crying. NOt tearing or choking up, with a little dabble of the tissue. Full on tears. Now I won't spoil the scene by describing and/or showing the beautiful scene out of context to those who haven't seen it (get on that shit), so I'll just show you the song that was featured. Anyone whose seen the film will know what I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvTkTT_Ht80

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
Death Carr said:
5 Centimetres per Second.
I can remain manly all throughout that film until the song at the end starts playing. ;_;
Then I start vrying like a little girl who got mud on her Barbie doll.
I feel your pain.

Also, the opening montage in 'Up.'