The New Batman v Superman Trailer Has Wonder Woman and ... Humor?!!

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
The New Batman v Superman Trailer Has Wonder Woman and ... Humor?!!

It just got a whoooole lot longer until March 25th arrives.

When Darkness, brooding, and no parents [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140513-Batman-v-Superman-First-Teaser-Trailer]. Not that there's anything wrong with that, because hearing Bruce Wayne deliver the ominous line "Do you bleed? You will." should have been enough to give even the least comic-booky of those among us a raging Batboner.

The trailer for Batman v. Superman that debuted last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live, however, might catch you a bit off guard. Why? Because aside from revealing both Wonder Woman and freakin' Doomsday (!!!) in all their infinite glory, it actually contained a couple moments of Whedon-esque levity.

Take for instance, the moment Wonder Woman shows up in the nick of time to save Batman from an untimely destruction via Doomsday's heat vision.

"Is she with you?" asks Superman.

"I thought she was with you." quips Batman.

That'll do, DC. That'll do. (As will that killer "clown" burn Wayne hits Kent with during their meet.)

What else? Well, aside from showing us that the intro to Batman vs. Superman will likely feature the climactic battle of Man of Steel from Wayne's perspective, the new trailer also reveals an army of wasp-looking soldiers that would be hard not to compare to the film's even more epic budget [http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/new-monster/images/e/ed/Parademons.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130911164947], so check it out above.

[gallery=5160]

Source: StoryPick [http://www.storypick.com/batman-vs-superman-trailer/]

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I know the director claims this won't be cluttered. But Superman, Wonderwoman, Batman, Luthor and Doomsday? I simply don't see how all those characters and villains can be introduced all at once without serious clutter.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Great job talking about the new trailer, while imbedding the old one. Is this a rights issue, or simply a mistake?

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
Elijin said:
Great job talking about the new trailer, while imbedding the old one. Is this a rights issue, or simply a mistake?
Yep, that's me being a dum-dum. Give it a couple minutes and it should be all good.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Do not watch the trailer if you intend to watch the movie... they spoil every plot point in the movie. If there's more plot points than they reveal in the trailer, this movie will be even worse than the first Synder Superman, and that's saying a lot.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Neato.

New trailer looks pretty cool. While everything doesnt need to be the Avengers or GoG, DC cinematic universe definitely needs a touch of levity, so good direction.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok I admit I did chuckle at Lex remark on Clark handshake but I am still not convince to check it out in the cinema!

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
So they're still pushing for SUPERMAN VS BATMAN even though they ended up showing that yes, they will resolve their differences and team up to fight the big bad, making their conflict effectively useless? It's like they aren't even hiding how contrived this flick is. And I wouldn't really call any of the supposed "humor" actually funny - more awkward than anything. Especially Luthor's dialogue. Every line he uttered felt forced as hell and made me cringe.

Also, DOOMSDAY?! REALLY? Luthor goes Frankenstein on Zod and makes Doomsday? You're gonna waste the antagonist to the Death of Superman on presumably the last quarter of the film where he's killed by rookie Superman and his new Super Friends? He's gonna seem like such a jobber now. Would have been a hell of a lot better to introduce Bizarro here, especially if was meant to ruin Superman's reputation.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Don't think they stuffed enough spoilers into the trailer. I mean, we still don't know what kind of car Lex drives!

schtingah

Jun 1, 2011
I liked the previous trailer, it actually got me excited for this movie when before I wasn't. And now this trailer has made me decidedly less excited again. Generally if they make a trailer like this, that's justa quick recap of the entire film that's a really bad sign for the quality of the actual release.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
ShakerSilver said:
So they're still pushing for SUPERMAN VS BATMAN even though they ended up showing that yes, they will resolve their differences and team up to fight the big bad, making their conflict effectively useless? It's like they aren't even hiding how contrived this flick is. And I wouldn't really call any of the supposed "humor" actually funny - more awkward than anything. Especially Luthor's dialogue. Every line he uttered felt forced as hell and made me cringe.

Also, DOOMSDAY?! REALLY? Luthor goes Frankenstein on Zod and makes Doomsday? You're gonna waste the antagonist to the Death of Superman on presumably the last quarter of the film where he's killed by rookie Superman and his new Super Friends? He's gonna seem like such a jobber now. Would have been a hell of a lot better to introduce Bizarro here, especially if was meant to ruin Superman's reputation.
For all I know mabye it is Bizzaro and his "Bizarro" form turns him into Doomsday.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
ShakerSilver said:
Also, DOOMSDAY?! REALLY? Luthor goes Frankenstein on Zod and makes Doomsday?
I feel Luthor IS Doomsday here, which is probably even worse. Not that I had high hopes for the movie to begin with.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Bindal said:
ShakerSilver said:
I feel Luthor IS Doomsday here, which is probably even worse. Not that I had high hopes for the movie to begin with.
Didn't Moviebob criticized Doomsday in the Death of Superman comic for just being "an evil monster" and nothing else?

Him being Zod or hell even Luthor fixes the problem of Doomsday being a rather bland monster villain right?

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
ShakerSilver said:

Agreed.

I was already pretty unimpressed with the casting and snippets released thus far, but this trailer has confirmed for me that this film is going to be trash. The dialogue and delivery on display in that trailer is unbelievably cringe worthy. Eisenberg looks like hes trying to ham it up as the Riddler rather than depicting Luthor.

I also find myself having an immediate dislike for Affleck as Batman. Can't put my finger on exactly why though. Just doesn't come across as smart enough or something *shrug*

Honestly the only good thing in this whole trailer was Wonder Woman. She actually looks on point.

Also whoever made the trailer, the music score was terrible. Re-watched the Cap Civil War trailer again and just as a 'trailer', it blows the BvS one out of the water in my opinion.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
Bindal said:
ShakerSilver said:
Didn't Moviebob criticized Doomsday in the Death of Superman comic for just being "an evil monster" and nothing else?

Him being Zod or hell even Luthor fixes the problem of Doomsday being a rather bland monster villain right?
I have to agree.

The new origin for the Mandarin worked in Iron Man 3. I have no issue with re-imagining Doomsday, since he's the most overrated and one-dimensional (high-profile) character in the DC Universe.

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
I've gotta admit, the trailer (finally) made the movie look interesting to me. The prior one and all the production pics looked excessively nolany (overly serious, totally brooding, bleh). In all honesty, I am now more interested in this movie than Civil War.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
ron1n said:
ShakerSilver said:

Agreed.

I was already pretty unimpressed with the casting and snippets released thus far, but this trailer has confirmed for me that this film is going to be trash. The dialogue and delivery on display in that trailer is unbelievably cringe worthy. Eisenberg looks like hes trying to ham it up as the Riddler rather than depicting Luthor.

I also find myself having an immediate dislike for Affleck as Batman. Can't put my finger on exactly why though. Just doesn't come across as smart enough or something *shrug*

Honestly the only good thing in this whole trailer was Wonder Woman. She actually looks on point.

Also whoever made the trailer, the music score was terrible. Re-watched the Cap Civil War trailer again and just as a 'trailer', it blows the BvS one out of the water in my opinion.
Its hard to not think your a Marvel fanboy when you think the trailer to Captain America 3 is better.

I mean really you hate the music? I admit the music was nothing special but I don't remember any music for Captain America 3 :p Both are equally forgettable in terms of music. And besides it trsailer music.

And really the dialoge is cringeworthy what the FUCK are you ears listening to. The only cringeworthy is mostly coming from Jesse.

Ben Affleck and Henry Carville so far has decent acting. And at least Ben Affleck is probably the most buff Batman we ever had in live action.

And Herny just LOOKS like Superman to me. Right down to the Clefted Chin.

WNxSajuukCor

Oct 31, 2007
Spoiler: Lex uses Hair Club for Men.

I don't like how one of the top bad villains of DC is shoe-horned in as the first bad guy. They're taking the villain that KILLS Superman and making him the first fall guy in the series to get the Justice League going. That just doesn't sit right.

Devin Barker

Aug 10, 2012
ShakerSilver said:

My feelings exactly, such a waist of this villain who could really do more good in MoS 2 by killing of superman and making the JL panic until he returnes for a big JL movie (or something to that effect) This trailer really killed this movie for me. I will wait for Netflix to get it.