The New Batman v Superman Trailer Has Wonder Woman and ... Humor?!!

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Its hard to not think your a Marvel fanboy when you think the trailer to Captain America 3 is better.

I mean really you hate the music? I admit the music was nothing special but I don't remember any music for Captain America 3 :p Both are equally forgettable in terms of music. And besides it trsailer music.

And really the dialoge is cringeworthy what the FUCK are you ears listening to. The only cringeworthy is mostly coming from Jesse.
And it's hard not to think you're a DC fanboy when you call anyone that disagrees with your view a 'fanboy'. Pointless opening there.

I'm not the only one, plenty of people have been heaping crap on the terrible accompanying score. Considering a trailer is meant to build hype and excitement, yeah the music does kind of matter. I'm not holding that against the film, just pointing it out within the vacuum of a trailer. Disney/Marvel have their shit together when it comes to trailers. Oh and they don't feel the need to give away the entire plot in them either.

Feel free to disagree on the dialogue, but that scene at the end where he's like 'She with you?' 'I thought she was with you'...really? You try and push this super serious, bitter battle of two titans and it ends with that? Please. Was like a cheesy tv commercial ending.

And at least Ben Affleck is probably the most buff Batman we ever had in live action.

And Herny just LOOKS like Superman to me. Right down to the Clefted Chin.
... so they look like the characters, ergo that makes them good actors? Seriously?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
ron1n said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Its hard to not think your a Marvel fanboy when you think the trailer to Captain America 3 is better.

I mean really you hate the music? I admit the music was nothing special but I don't remember any music for Captain America 3 :p Both are equally forgettable in terms of music. And besides it trsailer music.

And really the dialoge is cringeworthy what the FUCK are you ears listening to. The only cringeworthy is mostly coming from Jesse.
And it's hard not to think you're a DC fanboy when you call anyone that disagrees with your view a 'fanboy'. Pointless opening there.

I'm not the only one, plenty of people have been heaping crap on the terrible accompanying score. Considering a trailer is meant to build hype and excitement, yeah the music does kind of matter. I'm not holding that against the film, just pointing it out within the vacuum of a trailer. Disney/Marvel have their shit together when it comes to trailers. Oh and they don't feel the need to give away the entire plot in them either.

Feel free to disagree on the dialogue, but that scene at the end where he's like 'She with you?' 'I thought she was with you'...really? You try and push this super serious, bitter battle of two titans and it ends with that? Please. Was like a cheesy tv commercial ending.

And at least Ben Affleck is probably the most buff Batman we ever had in live action.

And Herny just LOOKS like Superman to me. Right down to the Clefted Chin.
... so they look like the characters, ergo that makes them good actors? Seriously?

At least I admit I'm a DC fanboy and I am hype for this movie. I hold no secret.

I screenshotted Supes, Bats, and WW posing in the end of the trailer.

As to the forced "Humor" I think you can blame the people complaining that Man of Steel was too serious and lacked any humor. If no one complained then they would not add lines like that in the movie.

I mean the Author of this article confirms it. He watched Man of Steel and noticed the lack of any humor and here he makes the title saying ".....And HUMOR?!"

And yes I personally think the actors are doing a good job as their roles as Superman and Batman. Especially the Henry as Superman when it comes to acting.

The only person I am still miffed about is the actress playing Lois Lane.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Bindal said:
I feel Luthor IS Doomsday here, which is probably even worse. Not that I had high hopes for the movie to begin with.
Doosmday is going to be made from Zod's corpse.

I can't help but think this is bad guy pile up in the Spiderman 3 style. I'd like to have seen more of Zod as Zod, with Doomsday being his own character. While we're at it, what are those bug things? Some little fear says they're going to be Para Demons and Darkseid is going to figure into this movie somehow...

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
piscian said:
Idk man I thought the civil war trailer was pretty amazing it managed to hit me in the feels. Every where I've checked fanboys or no the agreement in the Civil war trailer was crazy good, this BVS trailer is just making everyone angry.
I'll see Captain America 3. And I really want to see Cap beat the shit out of Iron Man the arrogant prick. The only thing I am excited for with these Marvel movies is seeing Thanos in action with his Gauntlet.

But goddman you have no idea how hard it is to be a DC fan when too many people I see on the internet bashes the upcoming movies just because they are not like the Marvel movies.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
fix-the-spade said:
Bindal said:
I feel Luthor IS Doomsday here, which is probably even worse. Not that I had high hopes for the movie to begin with.

I can't help but think this is bad guy pile up in the Spiderman 3 style. I'd like to have seen more of Zod as Zod, with Doomsday being his own character. While we're at it, what are those bug things? Some little fear says they're going to be Para Demons and Darkseid is going to figure into this movie somehow...
What bug things?

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
fix-the-spade said:
Bindal said:

That's what I was thinking, but they couldn't possibly be that stupid. I wouldn't expect Michael Bay to be that stupid. I'm all for having Darkseid in another film, but this is a mess already. Classic example of what happens when you make a film by committee.

Suicide Squad looks pretty good though.

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011
ShakerSilver said:
Also, DOOMSDAY?! REALLY? Luthor goes Frankenstein on Zod and makes Doomsday? You're gonna waste the antagonist to the Death of Superman on presumably the last quarter of the film where he's killed by rookie Superman and his new Super Friends? He's gonna seem like such a jobber now. Would have been a hell of a lot better to introduce Bizarro here, especially if was meant to ruin Superman's reputation.
As someone who has no idea who Doomsday is, can someone explain what the big deal is? I mean, he's obviously going to be used to force Batman and Superman to work together, which is an incredibly lazy way of doing that. But is he actually an interesting character that's wasted on this movie, or is my initial impression of "generic big-ass monster" basically correct?

Ralancian

Jan 14, 2012
piscian said:
Idk man I thought the civil war trailer was pretty amazing it managed to hit me in the feels. Every where I've checked fanboys or no the agreement in the Civil war trailer was crazy good, this BVS trailer is just making everyone angry.
I'll also admit to being a DC fanboy (well Batman really).

However I honestly don't get why everyone went crazy over the civil war trailer it wasn't anything amazing in the slightest and didn't make me excited for the film. I absolutely love the first two Captain America films and am really looking forward to Civil War the trailer just did nothing to add to that other than make me comment yeah still looking forward to it. A lot of my facebook went crazy nuts for it so I must be missing nothing.

Equally though this trailer had issues I much preferred the Comic-Con (which really had me excited) one, specifically revealing Doomsday as a crap CGI monster? Yeah naff looking, don't think using Doomsday is he's great as a generic badguy to get some superheroes to team up to beat him. There are variety of other villains (Braniac, Mongul, Darkseid etc.) that can kill Superman that will have a far greater story arc for a later film than Doomsday who is generic monster 101.

Ralancian

Jan 14, 2012
Theminimanx said:
As someone who has no idea who Doomsday is, can someone explain what the big deal is? I mean, he's obviously going to be used to force Batman and Superman to work together, which is an incredibly lazy way of doing that. But is he actually an interesting character that's wasted on this movie, or is my initial impression of "generic big-ass monster" basically correct?
Nope your good his only claim to fame is he killed Superman in fact he only existed to give Superman a generic villain to be killed by. There's been a lot of attempts to try to make him something interesting post Death of Superman but none have really hit home.

Anyone moaning the use of Doomsday just want everything to be exactly the same as the comics with little alteration to what certain characters are supposed to do. No matter how poor that idea might be.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Theminimanx said:
ShakerSilver said:
Also, DOOMSDAY?! REALLY? Luthor goes Frankenstein on Zod and makes Doomsday? You're gonna waste the antagonist to the Death of Superman on presumably the last quarter of the film where he's killed by rookie Superman and his new Super Friends? He's gonna seem like such a jobber now. Would have been a hell of a lot better to introduce Bizarro here, especially if was meant to ruin Superman's reputation.
Basically he was an ancient creature that once lived on Kryton during its pre-historic eras. He went on Ravaging other Worlds until somehow he was restrained an imprisoned and ended up beneth the Planet Earth.

Since his initial appearence in Death of Superman later adaptions changed him, added to his origin, or retconned him into a different origin.

This movies Doomsday seems most likely that he is a mutated Zod made from what ever kinds of fucked up experiments Luthor was doing.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
It's a more promising trailer than we've been shown for a while, I'll give it that. I hope WW's actual reveal is a little more gradual and thoughtful than just "And this person shows up during the final battle un-introduced, but we assume you all know everything you need to know anyway."

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Callate said:
It's a more promising trailer than we've been shown for a while, I'll give it that. I hope WW's actual reveal is a little more gradual and thoughtful than just "And this person shows up during the final battle un-introduced, but we assume you all know everything you need to know anyway."

Wonder Woman did appeared in the eariler comic con trailer.

With one sequence of her in a dress in a fancy party and another of her going inside a car.

And Superman and Batman's exchange:

"Is she with you? I thought she was with you?"

So they clearly knew here before hand.

Apr 17, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
fix-the-spade said:
Bindal said:

What bug things?
There are weird flying things in the trailer, almost like the Geonosians from Star Wars wandered on set (in addition to the LotR cave troll playing Doomsday). They pop up about two minutes in, just before Supes tells Batman to stay down. No idea what they are or how they fit in, but they seem to be fighting those Superman-logo-wearing soldiers that we've seen before

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Theminimanx said:
It's not so much the Doomsday himself is a big deal, nor do I really have much of a problem with Zod becoming Doomsday, but the fact that they're stuffing him into an already overstuffed movie is the problem. The Death of Superman was a really high profile event and brought about lots of interesting characters like Steel and the rebooted of Superboy. Doomsday, while being a "big-ass monsters", is considered to be THE big-ass monster in the DCU - he was powerful enough to put the entire Justice League out of commission before going toe to toe with Superman and fighting to the death. Having him just be the "big bad" that the proto-Justice League has to fight during the final moments of this movie sort of cheapens his impact - not that the constant retools and shoving him into other stories when he should have just been a one-off character didn't already cheapen his impact already, but the movie doesn't seem to be helping in that regard.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
Wonder Woman did appeared in the eariler comic con trailer.

With one sequence of her in a dress in a fancy party and another of her going inside a car.

And Superman and Batman's exchange:

"Is she with you? I thought she was with you?"

So they clearly knew here before hand.
Well, she could simply have shown up and deflected a massive attack and still provoked said exchange. Still, I appreciate the report that she apparently does show up earlier in the movie; that's hopeful.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I honestly just can't get over how Batman is gonna effectively fight Superman.

I saw the Frank Miller animated movie and it is still a bunch of "I'm not gonna hurt you Batman." Batman was just being a little brat at that point.

I also don't understand why Superman would not like another costumed hero as this trailer suggests. He fights criminals. What else do you want? Super hypocritical.

And then Batman makes a jab about costumes?! More Hypocritical, not a burn at all.

Excited for Wonder Woman, though I wished she was more muscular.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
UsefulPlayer 1 said:
I honestly just can't get over how Batman is gonna effectively fight Superman.

I saw the Frank Miller animated movie and it is still a bunch of "I'm not gonna hurt you Batman." Batman was just being a little brat at that point.

I also don't understand why Superman would not like another costumed hero as this trailer suggests. He fights criminals. What else do you want? Super hypocritical.

And then Batman makes a jab about costumes?! More Hypocritical, not a burn at all.

Excited for Wonder Woman, though I wished she was more muscular.
Well I am used to Wonder Woman not being as muscular at all so I'm fine:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--8tYbHYgl--/quofdugnaeg3u102wa2x.jpg

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/dvdboxart/194693/p194693_d_v7_aa.jpg

And the difference between Superman and Batman at this point is that Superman would not brand people's skin to prove a point or anything.