The new black guy in Final Fantasy XIII

Rankao

Mar 10, 2008
You know what, I'm not going to try to enforce my morals or ideological thoughts on another country. That is my job as a human being to be responsible and say whats not acceptable over here, might be very much acceptable over there and that is just fine. Anyways, I'm tired of trying police the world's moral system.

If a black person that lives in the U.K., Africa, U.S. gets offended about the stereotypes he can personally write a letter, and Square can respond however they want. Its not anyone's duty to defend any other race just because they might think that it is offensive. Anyways being white and calling that offensive to black people just seems plain dumb. I know my place and I know what I should do, and say around other people as respect, but I never ask anyone else to do the same because I understand that each person have their own individual freedom of choices and thought.

amendele

Aug 25, 2008
He's not wearing an open or midriff-bearing shirt. Plus, this male FF character actually looks like a man instead of a young tomboyish girl! I'm calling shenanigans.

Helena

Jan 29, 2009
Lmao, this only supports it.

Source (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sazh_Katzroy)
Quote: " Sazh Katzroy is a character from Final Fantasy XIII, a black middle-aged man with an afro dressed in tan. Described as a sympathetic and kind man who is easily moved to tears, he is accompanied by a baby Chocobo that is rumored to live in his afro. It is said that the bird actually accompanies him into battle, though if it plays a gameplay function is currently unknown. The baby Chocobo has only just been born, and can barely fly yet.

He knows Lightning from their time spent together serving the Cocoon Army. In an interview with the latest Shonen Jump magazine, Kitase stated that Sazh was modeled after the American singer Lionel Richie. " End Quote

Notice the afro part and who he was modeled after. :)