The new black guy in Final Fantasy XIII

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I saw that too, before I thought FFXIII was going to be fine, now I am a little more skeptical... and wierded the fuck out.

But to answer your question... yes, The Japanese have a fucked up view of black people.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Who knows, he could be a complete stereotype or a crazily cool dude. I'll reserve judgement till I play the game for myself.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
He'd be better without that goddamn afro, it makes him look like a stereotype. Other than that he looks fine.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Wow, now this was unexpected. There's going to be a black guy in a Japanese game. Is this a first or are there other black dudes in Japanese games?

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Can someone post a picture? I have not seen this, and google is... not helping, to say the least.

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
darthzew said:
Wow, now this was unexpected. There's going to be a black guy in a Japanese game. Is this a first or are there other black dudes in Japanese games?
Barret Wallace was one of the party members in Final Fantasy VII. I'd assume there are more.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Barret was good in FFVII just because he was Mr. T with a gun for a hand :D If they do a black guy now they should respect black people, no stereotypes, just try and keep the character as a perfectly normal character like anyone else who just happens to be black.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Other than his wacky appearance do we know he's going to be a stereotype though? What if he's one of the best characters in the game?

That hair makes what I just said hard to believe though.

Clemenstation

Dec 9, 2008
He looks mad suave. How is this racist? Are black people supposed to like chocobos? I'd say this is a distinct departure from the usual chocobo enthusiast archetype (incredibly fluorescent white dude chillin' in the basement with some eggzzz).

Aiden Rebirth

Nov 19, 2008
i'm not gonna lie this was my first time actually seeing him in this thread, but he does actually look cool, but then again he has yet to open his mouth so my point stands. also he is crazy realistic other than that ugly ass afro, and clothes.

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
Aiden Rebirth said:
i'm not gonna lie this was my first time actually seeing him in this thread, but he does actually look cool, but then again he has yet to open his mouth so my point stands. also he is crazy realistic other than that ugly ass afro, and clothes.
I dig the jacket. It's very Revolutionary War Meets Wood Elf. In other words the hot new look this spring.