The New Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Trailer Shows Off Billie Lurk's Quest to Kill a God

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The New Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Trailer Shows Off Billie Lurk's Quest to Kill a God

Visit the "gritty underbelly" of Karanaca in this new trailer for Dishonored: Death of the Outsider.

The newest addition to the Dishonored series is the standalone adventure Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. It casts players as Billie Lurk, the former killer-for-hire trained by the assassin Daud. She's teaming up with her mentor for one last job - to take out the Outsider. The new trailer shows off plenty of throat-slitting, sneaking, and even stealing of enemy's faces.

Bethesda says that the new release will show players "a new side of Karnaca." You'll need to "Investigate mysterious cults, infiltrate underground fight clubs, and even pull off a bank heist as you search for a way to do the impossible: kill a god."

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on September 15, 2017.

[gallery=7588]

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Although I still don't get why they think killing the Outsider would be something positive since Daud knows full well The Outsider isn't the reason for all the bad shit that happens in Dunwall and Karnaca and fills more of a Genie role giving people the opportunity to achieve what they want as opposed to fueling it, this expansion does look somewhat interesting. The only issue I take is that even though the trailer shows a player pulling off all these sick combo and kill moves and using a variety of awesome abilities, actually attempting to do so guarantees that you get the worst ending in the game because you killed people and that's morally bad when they're not your targets. Seriously it's annoying how Arkane bases it's good and bad endings off of whether you were boring and snuck around all the time or killed one guard and are technically evil because of it in a game about being a supernatural assassin seeking vengeance.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I find it vaguely amusing that DH2 tried to hide Billy Lurk's Identity behind a false name(which only worked if you hadn't played the DLC prior to 2) and then this DLC pretty much tells you who she is anyway.

Dr.Helios

Mar 31, 2010
Dalisclock said:
I find it vaguely amusing that DH2 tried to hide Billy Lurk's Identity behind a false name(which only worked if you hadn't played the DLC prior to 2) and then this DLC pretty much tells you who she is anyway.
You don't think it made narrative sense that someone intimately involved in Jesamine's murder would have hidden their identity from her incredibly deadly lover or daughter until they had gotten to know them a little bit better and earned their trust? No way Corvo or Emily trusts Billie Lurk straight off the bat.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Dr.Helios said:
Dalisclock said:
You don't think it made narrative sense that someone intimately involved in Jesamine's murder would have hidden their identity from her incredibly deadly lover or daughter until they had gotten to know them a little bit better and earned their trust? No way Corvo or Emily trusts Billie Lurk straight off the bat.
Good point.

I'm still playing through Dishonored 2 for the first time so I hadn't gotten very far when I wrote that.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Nile McMorrow said:
Seriously it's annoying how Arkane bases it's good and bad endings off of whether you were boring and snuck around all the time or killed one guard and are technically evil because of it in a game about being a supernatural assassin seeking vengeance.
That's nonsense. Killing one guard, or even a bunch of guards, won't get you to high chaos. You have to slaughter most of them (with a significant bonus for offing the target). It's much more likely that you could accidentally get low chaos by taking too direct a route and missing a bunch of guards. It's possible in some missions to head straight for your target and kill everyone you see on the way and still get low chaos.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Pyrian said:
Nile McMorrow said:
Seriously it's annoying how Arkane bases it's good and bad endings off of whether you were boring and snuck around all the time or killed one guard and are technically evil because of it in a game about being a supernatural assassin seeking vengeance.
That's nonsense. Killing one guard, or even a bunch of guards, won't get you to high chaos. You have to slaughter most of them (with a significant bonus for offing the target). It's much more likely that you could accidentally get low chaos by taking too direct a route and missing a bunch of guards. It's possible in some missions to head straight for your target and kill everyone you see on the way and still get low chaos.
Didn't Dishonored 2 also have a ranking system based on threat level? Presumably offing civilians got you closer to high chaos a lot quicker then killing, say, witches.