the new elder scrolls 5 shadowrealm, general discussion

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
oliveira8 said:
ansem1532 said:
oliveira8 said:
Hmm...This is not true.

The only thing coming out soon with the name "The Elder Scrolls" is a novel and something else for Oblivion.

No TES5.
Bethesda Split into two groups, one for Fallout and one for TES.

I'm not saying it's coming out soon, but it is a safe bet it is production just as much as Fallout 4 is.

*Don't ask for a source, because I picked it up from multiple sites with their approval stated someone else's link =p
Its not enough. This is just a rumor.

The same as TES5 is going to be based in Skyrim, TES5 is going to be a MMO, TES5 is going to have a portal to Fallout universe bla bla bla.
Tis no rumor that they split into two groups and are working on it.

<spoiler= Link> http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3148743

Bethesda Softworks public relations head Pete Hines:"Once the game is shipped the team will be split into groups. One group will focus on support for Oblivion such as patches, updates, and expansions. Another group will focus on the next Elder Scrolls game. And finally one group will be working on Fallout 3."

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
kevin arnold said:
if they make the game like this they should not have fast travel but have boats and teleportation spells instead.
Or more mounts than the stupid color palette of horses they gave us. Don't tell me you wouldn't rather ride around on a giant polar bear or a black qilin.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
brigallo said:
I refuse to believe it until there is a source.
As of right now, I call bullshit!

Edit: The link just pwn'd me.
It's three years old.

Edit: My bad, double post.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
I heard something about this on TESnexsus, im glad I have a juggernaut PC. I hope they implement some of the features from fallout 3

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
People were bitching when they couldn't give personality to the 1000+ npcs/ Immagine them giving personality to 5000+ npcs

epicfailgamer

Mar 30, 2009
bue519 said:
kevin arnold said:
the new elder scrolls 5 is supposedly have all the continents in it, how are they going to fit that on a disc.
Blue Ray?
they would not make such a dumb move then they wouldant be able to realease it on xbox and i hgihly dought they would ditch it now

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/974/974529p1.html

G1eet said:
Or more mounts than the stupid color palette of horses they gave us. Don't tell me you wouldn't rather ride around on a giant polar bear or a black qilin.
Maybe, but I'd rather play Elder Scrolls than WoW.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
bue519 said:
kevin arnold said:
the new elder scrolls 5 is supposedly have all the continents in it, how are they going to fit that on a disc.
Blue Ray?
When pigs fly and crap all over my umbrella...

No, it'll be for all consoles and hopefully the PC, right?

If not, I have Fallout to keep my mind entertained.

I have no idea how they'll fit that on a regular disc, maybe a couple of discs?
They do need to do two things: make the environments varied and change the character models

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
epicfailgamer said:
bue519 said:
kevin arnold said:
Blue Ray?
they would not make such a dumb move then they wouldant be able to realease it on xbox and i hgihly dought they would ditch it now
I only understood about 3 words that you used there.

epicfailgamer

Mar 30, 2009
bue519 said:
epicfailgamer said:
bue519 said:
kevin arnold said:
Blue Ray?
I only understood about 3 words that you used there.
Wow only 3 you must be more stupid then i am.

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
ExodusinFlames said:
Very carefully.
I must say ... I'm excited and terrified for this game.
Excited because Morrowind and Oblivion were great (I personally like Morrowind better) and terrified because of Daggerfall.

They could fit it via some form of compression, or multiple disks or something. There's a lesson to be learned perhaps, through the method that Sega used with its Dreamcast compression.
Wouldn't be a problem for PC, and they might try some sort of HD-DVD spinoff for the 360 and BluRay for the PS3.

Mewick_Alex

May 25, 2009
I just googled it, all the links I tried took me to forums like this one where people were speculating if the rumour was true.

Also, wiki (tentatively) claimed that it is set in skyrim, yet none of the references confirmed this.

Looks like its staying a mystery for now.....