The New Total War: Warhammer DLC Trailer Shows Off the Beastmen

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The New Total War: Warhammer DLC Trailer Shows Off the Beastmen

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1336/1336365.jpgThe next DLC for Total War: Warhammer hasn't been announced yet, but a New trailer is showing off the Beastmen.

Creative Assembly hasn't announced the next DLC for Total War: Warhammer, but a video posted to the official Total War YouTube channel may have let the cat out of the bag. Titled Call of the Beastmen, it shows off a new race that's coming to the game.

Warhammer fans know of the Beastmen. The half-man, half-beast mutants are also known as "The Cloven Ones," due to their cloven hooves. They also often have horns and other bestial traits. They live deep within the forests of the Old World, and their driving purpose is the destruction of mankind. As you'll hear in the trailer below, "Gather Warherds. Hunt man filth. Kill man."

The new DLC will add the Beastmen race to the Grand Campaign, as well as two new playable Legendary Lords. You can also expect a new story campaign titled "Eye for an Eye," and what the official description calls "Hordes of New Unique Units, Monsters, Heroes, Magic and Game Features."

Total War Warhammer's Call of the Beastmen DLC will be available on July 28. The first gameplay reveal of the Beastmen will be on July 19 at 9 AM ET. You can pre-order it through the game's Steam page [http://store.steampowered.com/app/404012/].

[gallery=6340]

GrumpyPirate

Mar 14, 2005
Cash for the cash god! Gold for the gold throne!

Truly takes a power of chaos to release half a game for full price and then make people pay 2-3 times what the game costs to get the rest of it. Desires excess liek Slaanesh, Savage as Khorne, manipulative as Tzeentch & a growing infection that would make grandfather Nurgle himself proud. Atleast Sega and CA grasped this part of the lore :p

fluxy100

May 22, 2010
I can't wait, I'm loving Total Warhammer so far. The beast men look like they work like the Chaos forces do, so I'll be horrible at using them. I really want to see the lizard men, I have no clue how they could work them in since they're so far away from the continent but I want to see giant dinosaurs fighting

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
GrumpyPirate said:
Cash for the cash god! Gold for the gold throne!

Truly takes a power of chaos to release half a game for full price and then make people pay 2-3 times what the game costs to get the rest of it. Desires excess liek Slaanesh, Savage as Khorne, manipulative as Tzeentch & a growing infection that would make grandfather Nurgle himself proud. Atleast Sega and CA grasped this part of the lore :p
I may have complained about Microtransactions but this is one is really not something to complain about.

I mean this is no weapon skin like in CS:GO or a hat in TF2.

Estarc

Sep 23, 2008
ffronw said:
Creative Assembly hasn't announced the next DLC for Total War: Warhammer, but a video posted to the official Total War YouTube channel may have let the cat out of the bag.
Dude please. You don't need a chain of announcements of announcements to release something. A trailer on YouTube accompanied by an entry on the Steam store that is accompanied by a comprehensive write up of the DLC's content two weeks in advance is more than sufficient for an accouncement, and very logical.

GrumpyPirate

Mar 14, 2005
Samtemdo8 said:
I may have complained about Microtransactions but this is one is really not something to complain about.

CS:GO was a full game release with weapon skins truly being only cosmetic, pretty much microtransactions done right. Team Fortress 2 is pretty much the same and its even f2p.

If warhammer was f2p that might be ok to actualy sell races one by one not to mention frikkin blood in a WARHAMMER game. Its like selling a slasher movie with all the violent and scary scenes cut out with the option to buy them.

There is no defending this, they release a full priced game with bare bone mechanics and troop roosters and a measly 4 factions. Thats not even all the major factions in the game so if they keep going like thise your gonna have paid a few hundred Euro just for "most" of what should be part of the basic game. Just cause shameless behaviour like this is becoming more common it is in no way acceptable.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Good, it begins. I expect the Wood Elves next.

And that one of the Beastmen Lords's start positions is near Estalia just illustrates to me why this game needs more factions ASAP, having every single human faction literally be just the Empire over and over, with not even a purely cosmetic reskin as a stop gap solution, totally killed my interest in the game when I tried playing a non human faction...

What's the point of crushing Kislev, overthrowing Estalia and wiping out Cathay, the Border Princes or Nippon (are they even on the current map? pretty sure not, but if they were, then they would be the same as everyone else) when they are the exact same as the Empire faction?

Regarding the DLC debate others are having... I certainly agree that the game is stupidly bare bones and whether intentional or not, the game is gonna need a lot of DLC whoring to be a somewhat decent game, as it stands I much rather play the Warhammer mod for Medievil Total War, CA's Total Warhammer has no value to me after a few playthroughs, playing as Chaos was the most boring thing ever..Fighting empire over and over again, when I was so looking forward to destroying Kislev and facing their bear cavalry on the field. FFS Queen Katrina isn't even their faction leader, what is this BS?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
GrumpyPirate said:
Samtemdo8 said:

CS:GO was a full game release with weapon skins truly being only cosmetic, pretty much microtransactions done right. Team Fortress 2 is pretty much the same and its even f2p.

If warhammer was f2p that might be ok to actualy sell races one by one not to mention frikkin blood in a WARHAMMER game. Its like selling a slasher movie with all the violent and scary scenes cut out with the option to buy them.

There is no defending this, they release a full priced game with bare bone mechanics and troop roosters and a measly 4 factions. Thats not even all the major factions in the game so if they keep going like thise your gonna have paid a few hundred Euro just for "most" of what should be part of the basic game. Just cause shameless behaviour like this is becoming more common it is in no way acceptable.
If this game was F2P every unit within a faction would be behind a real money paywall.

Sort of like trying to get units in the actual tabletop :p

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
How 'bout Ogres next? I haven't even played the game, but the mere idea of seeing a horde of the muscular monstrosities with all their gory magic and massive monsters makes me excited!

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
I don't see how this game is bare bones in terms of unit rosters. Shogun 2 had the same units for every faction. In every historical game there were just minor variations on dudes with swords, dudes with Spears (of varying lengths and style admittedly), dudes with axes(functionally dudes with swords), dudes with bows, and mounted versions of the above. The Warhammer factions are not only far and away more aesthetically diverse, but the factions all play very differently as a function not only of their unique units (which are actually unique and not just higher stat heavy armor infantry) and units they lack.

And unless you're some kind of total war savant, you're getting a solid couple hundred hours out of the game if you beat the long campaign with all factions that are free. That's $0.3 per hour of entertainment. If you never do skirmishes or mod it. Or capitalize on a sale. That's a damn good deal and a solid product.

It's not flawless, the blood dlc is silly for what they're charging, and I don't understand why some of the stuff they've said will be added free isn't already in there (like bretonia), but it's definitely a lot more than half done and a lot more than bare bones. Less robust than we'd like? Absolutely. I'd love more quest battles (how hard could scenario battles be to add?) and variable tax rates etc. But it's not a shameless skeleton of mediocrity.

More on topic: WOOO BEASTMEN! WOOO ARMY OF VANGUARD DEPLOYMENT! Gonna be mad dope yo! I wonder if they'll give them the same advisor again. How does that guy get around so much? It's slightly more believable the beasts wouldn't kill him immediately than the orcs, but still strange.

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
Quazimofo said:
I wonder if they'll give them the same advisor again. How does that guy get around so much? It's slightly more believable the beasts wouldn't kill him immediately than the orcs, but still strange.
I'm thinking he's definitely a wizard that's using magic to get creatures to listen to and not kill him.

Anyway, I just disagree with the price point for the beastmen, who I'm not a huge fan of anyway. I will get their campaign eventually, like the warriors of chaos, but it's going to take a sale for me.