The New WarCry Gives You a Top-Down View on MMOs

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Cool. I thought War Cry was gone for good. It's great that its got a new look and focus. I'll have to give it a try out.

Lectori Salutem

Apr 11, 2011
Well, that's taking necroing to a whole new level.

I'm not that much into MMOs, but I'll check it out. I'm kinda interested what you guys made of it.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
I'm genuinely afraid to click on the link for fear of falling into an elaborate April Fools ruse.

Worst day to start a site.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Yeah, perhaps not the best day to set up something new, but we're really excited about bringing WarCry to you guys and couldn't wait another second.

I assure you it's not a joke. :)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Greg Tito said:
Yeah, perhaps not the best day to set up something new, but we're really excited about bringing WarCry to you guys and couldn't wait another second.

I assure you it's not a joke. :)
I forget. What was WarCry originally for?

OT: This is pretty good timing for me. I've been looking for an MMO to play recently, but I haven't been able to find anything I actually want to play.

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
So in becoming the managing editor of Warcry, are you stepping aside from your current position at The Escapist, or are you also staying on full-time here?

Greg Tito

Sep 29, 2005
WarCry was originally a place to learn about all the current and upcoming MMOs out there, as well as a hub for MMO user-generated content. It lay fallow for a few years, but is now reborn to return its focus to helping you find your game.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Yeeeep, way too elaborate to be an April Fool. In which case: that's pretty kickass. Last time I wandered over there it was a wasteland of spambots and sadness, now it's looking really nice. Good work guys.

Greg Tito

Sep 29, 2005
UNHchabo said:
So in becoming the managing editor of Warcry, are you stepping aside from your current position at The Escapist, or are you also staying on full-time here?
I've been working on WarCry a lot lately, but I'll still be around to work on Escapist stuff like the Expo and record the podcasts. I'm not going anywhere :)

Greg

Jhereg42

Apr 11, 2008
Considering the s***storm that just overtook my MMO this weekend, I feel like this is a sign. LOL. Thanks for providing a place to go hunting again.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Can't say I'll actually use it much, considering I'm not an MMO fan, but it's good to see it come back from the state of disrepair it was basically in before.

And I did like the way it had a forum for each game (at least I think it did), that was a good idea.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
April fools or not, I can't imagine the few old curmudgeons still hanging on to those forums are going to be happy about this. I remember just how annoyed they got when Daystar tried to revive them last year.

I hope it's not an April Fool's joke, by the way. I can't imagine that site has done anything but lose money since it stopped getting new content.

ASnogarD

Jul 2, 2009
I was curious... then I clicked on a link and got sent to another site, way to hide outside links amongst the warcry links...referrals eh ?
Pity the Age of Wushu isnt available in the UK, or at least Popmog isnt offering it or you may of got a hit, shame.

I dont trust sites that take you away to other sites with no warning, that was my own fault though as I trusted content advertised and managed by a Escapist editor... wont be so trusting in the future.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Good to see that site arise from the grave and also bonus point for putting Dofus on the front page! Mind you I never played the game but I'm a fan of Wakfu!

Greg Tito

Sep 29, 2005
Stormwaltz said:
I'm wounded that of the first few mass-market MMORPGs, the only one you didn't mention was the one I worked on: Asheron's Call. Like its first-generational peers, it's still running while many johnny-come-latelys have been closed by publishers for not making "enough" money.

I still remember when Crossroads of Dereth moved into the WarCry network...
You know that's funny. I'd forgotten AC was still kicking mostly because I remember vividly when Turbine shut down AC2. Now I find out that AC2 is being revived for AC1 players. We'll definitely start covering both games on WarCry.

Greg Tito

Sep 29, 2005
ASnogarD said:
I was curious... then I clicked on a link and got sent to another site, way to hide outside links amongst the warcry links...referrals eh ?
Pity the Age of Wushu isnt available in the UK, or at least Popmog isnt offering it or you may of got a hit, shame.

I dont trust sites that take you away to other sites with no warning, that was my own fault though as I trusted content advertised and managed by a Escapist editor... wont be so trusting in the future.
I'm sorry you felt misled. We definitely have a lot of content that will point you to the MMO you might want to play. Age of Wushu isn't even out yet, it releases on April 10th in the US, so you might want to try again then.