The New World: A Cataclysmic Birth (A Superpowered RP, Closed)

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
'Alright, this is getting ridiculous!' Harold thought as he made his way home. The tingling sensation kept growing stronger and weaker at random, though he was beginning to note that they particularly spiked when he was around places that had suffered some damage. Even these were hit and miss though as some places suffered structural damage and yet had almost no tingling coming from his head at all, while even in places that had minima damage could sometimes cause his head to go crazy, so he ruled out the possibility of it being a damage sense. It was only sheer stubbornness that kept him from going back to the doctors and telling them about it.

In an effort to get home quicker and avoid the rubble and buildings, Harold took a detour through the park, figuring that if it kept tingling around buildings, then it would be easier to move as far as he could from them instead of getting close and dealing with it. This worked out until, just off of a walkway, sticking out of a bush, he spotted a dead dog, one of those...pugs? Pitbulls? Was there a difference? He didn't know and really didn't care as he walked towards it's general area.

It seemed to have been killed by a falling tree branch, probably during the quake. He felt a bit bad for it but just shrugged his shoulders and walked on, after all, nothing could be done for it and it wasn't like he would be punished for it. Then the tingling came back, hitting him hard, stopping him in his tracks. Calling it intense was putting it mildly, as he began holding and pounding his head, trying to get the sensation out of there with movement, pressure, whatever he could. Eventually, he was able to back away far enough to at least lower the intensity of the sensation, and was able to compose his thoughts.

At first, he began to question what just happened, wondering if some vengeful dog spirit had tried to bite him, but dismissed this idea quickly as the sensation was already present beforehand. He began to build a new theory then, using whatever high school science that he could remember to deduce what was happening. He first began to try and get close to the pug again, which resulted in the same sensation coming back. Next, he began walking around, going around the dog and looking for another dead thing. He found one in a dead bird, not an uncommon sight in any city, and tried doing the same as with the pug, getting a similar result. Every dead thing he came near on his journey home gave the same feeling, giving him ample warning when such a sensation would occur, though he investigated as much as he could before it became too intense. He even found a body of someone who had died and not been gound yet with this radar-like feeling, notifying the authorities of what he had found and streching the truth a bit as to how he found him. As he went, he also noticed that the semsation was getting less and less potent as his mind became used to it.

At last, he made it to his apartment which to his relief he found to be relatively intact. It seemed that nobody had died as je climbed the stairs and entered in. His apartment was a bit of a mess, the TV had fallen over but amazingly remained intact...outwardly. The dishes were ruined though and the few pictures he found the time to put up would need new frames but overall, there wasn't much that needed to be replaced. He decided to put that off as he headed to his room, fell face first into his bed, and contemplated what he had learned today.

'So i have Deathdar...Radeath? This will come in use, surely...as soon as pigs fly and tina fey becomes a turtle.'

He guessed that it was from the earthquake and weird energy brought out from it... this cataclysmic event, as the Caller had called it (or was he paraphrasing?). Well, as long as it didn't kill him or shorten his life in any way he could work around it...assuming that it didn't get worse. Anyways, at least he knew what was causing the tingling sensation now...so now what?

'Probably nothing. Life goes on, weird ability be damned...'

As if on cue, his cell phone started to ring. He answered to find a familiar voice on the other side.

"Harold? You there?"

Harold sighed a breath of relief and said, "Yeah Tristan, i'm here. How is everyone?"

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012
Waiting at the bus stop for the next one Cameron leans back against the glass of the bus stop. His eyes closed at first he doesn't notice at first the things happening around him. A peculiar buzzing and half heard words finally made him open his eyes, looking around he at first only saw a few other students and people standing around also waiting for the bus.

About half of them on their phones, Cameron skipped over them with his eyes the first time before out of the corner of his eyes and when he stared at them also he can see waves coming out of the phones. Little wavelets coming out of them in all most all directions, and all of them with a slightly different distance between the waves. Glancing around to see of anyone is looking Cameron reach's out and tries to grab one of the waves, getting a tingle slightly and a small rush of information he closes his eyes and closes his hand again.
To:Hubby(256-6986)
I'm going to be late. I have to take the bus because of the earthquake. Don't start dinner without me and put the baby down.
Opening his eyes and looking over at the middle age woman who had just got a ding on her phone Cameron shivers hard and looks down at his hands hard he closes them and shivers hard.
What the hell was that?!?! Was that her text message??? How could i see that, hell how could i even see her phone is sending?!?!
Shaking now Cameron stands and walks away from the bus stop and walking along the road slowly he looks around as he does. Shaking his head as he can now see waves coming from a whole myriad of things, from phones to dish's on the roof to cars. Stopping next to another bus stop half a mile down the street from the first he looks at a teen on her phone texting furiously with someone like only a teen can. Leaning against the pole for the shelter on the other side of her he crosses his arms and opens his palm towards her. Half closing his eyes he shivers slightly as another tingle hits his hand. Another pile of information rushing into his head/
To:mom(484-8736)
totally need a car, the bus is so uncool and all my friends have cars!!!
Taking a quiet breath Cameron turns away from the teen as she keeps typing out text after text. Closing his hand and leaning his head back against the pole as he thinks.
Ok.... I know for certain i didn't have this... Power earlier today....... Which means.. It happened sometimes when that earthquake happened. Probably even the blue light that knocked me out.
Lifting his hand to his head and rubbing against the last trace of the massive migraine from earlier Cameron shakes his head and looks up as the bus rattles into place in front of him. Stepping inside after the teen and waving his wallet in front of the reader so it auto charges to his card he narrows his eyes at the tighter wave that starts to assault his eyes from inside the bus. Looking around he can see a man in some nice clothes talking on a blue tooth and making some small hand gestures. Sitting down across from the man Cameron scoots down on the seat and turning to face the front of the bus he can feel his face twitch slightly as snippets of both sides of the conversation jumble themselves in his head.

Being forced to hear the man talk both in the air and from the waves coming from his phone and headset Cameron closes his eyes and frowns. Making a small slapping motion with his hand at the man he could feel a small drain on his energy and looking down quickly a few waves come out of his hand and fly in the direction his palm was facing. Glancing over at the man he can now see that no more waves are coming from either his phone or his headset. The man sits there saying hello a few times then pulling his phone out he slaps it a few times before cursing under his breath and goes to throw it down on the floor of the bus before biting back his next curse and puts it in his pocket again and leans back in his seat, crossing his arms and frowning at the world.

Looking out the window Cameron starts breaking a little faster and dry swallows in a newly parched mouth.
This is insane. I'm sure that was me that made them die.
Looking around the bus and seeing that no one else seems to be having problems with their electronics his eyes go back to watching outside and he starts biting his lower lip.
I saw somethings coming from my hands at his direction. I know i did. I'm what, an antenna now? Its obvious i can resieve and now i see i can... send(?) but its not just cell phone signals. I know that because bluetooth isn't technically cell phone its some other kind of wireless signal.

Biting his lip harder and chewing it Cameron keeps looking out the window until he in only a block or two from his shop. Stepping off the bus and looking back at the business man who had lost his phone because he had been annoying enough that Cameron had permanently fried it without really knowing. Looking away quickly and jogging a side street he jogs across a few blocks and down a few hundred streets he stops in front of his store and closing his eyes he calms himself down and takes a few deep fast breaths.

Stepping inside Cameron nods at Ren and looking over the store Cameron walks to the back of the store and helps Hoshi fill in the last of the stock and then take the crates and flats back into the back storage area. Helping her straighten up back there he smiles slightly at her and walks back out to step behind the counter and lean against it at the end, watching the door and shaking his head slightly.
"i'm going to stay down here for a while Ren. Just in case some looters have pretty ideas about breaking in and taking out things."

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
Marcus ducked back behind the building he was hiding behind after observing Prof.Earle, who's first name escaped him for a few minutes, not noticing him moving or doing anything besides the earlier incident involving the park bench which now resembled a scrunched up ball of paper rather than a chair. He scurried off staying out of Prof.Earle's line of sight, taking this time to walk back to the front entrance of the university.

"Okay I'm just gonna forget about the fact that one of my professors just ripped apart a bench, yeah I mean what would I even do about it 'hey everyone there's a guy wrecking stuff with his mind' Yeah that won't sound crazy at all, then again what even is crazy at this point? I can see and touch glowing bikes and there's a giant glowing shaft of light coming out of what was until a few days ago a mountain, man I just wanna go home"

Marcus let out a long sigh as he started taking the long walk back home descending into the ruined and partially deserted streets, having to scale over a few streets blocked by debris in order to stay on his regular route. He was at least partially glad he didn't have to take his bike over the treacherous terrain although it would have made a few of the long stretches of road more bearable.

After a few minutes of proceeding down his usual route he came across a set of downed power lines, obviously brought down by the force of the cataclysm, He groaned to himself as he realized the wires may still be active making crossing them an impossibility.

"Man if only I had some stilts or something or if there was a walkway, geez I don't even know of any ways around this". Marcus let out a long sigh as he started to turn around he felt something tug at him in the back of his brain as if it was straining itself on some task that Marcus was not aware of. Suddenly he felt himself raised off the ground, he looked down and found himself standing on some kind of glowing sky blue walkway that stretched over the mess of wires and onto the other side. Marcus tentatively took one step forward finding the walkway able to support his weight and not simply vanishing he took another step forward quickening his pace before reaching the other side relieved that he was closer to his destination. He looked over his shoulder getting one last glance at the walkway before it vanished.

"okay that was definitely real, I was definitely above the ground for a few seconds there, alright so I can apparently manifest things I need into existence purely through the power of thought, however so far those thoughts have been entirely sub-conscious... okay this is more than likely because of that blue light that hit me, because hey what else was I exposed to that could have done this? Okay aside from the fruit loops"

Marcus let out a sigh as he saw the stretch of road infront of him, thinking back to the walkway he tried to manifest a bike based on his need to go home, to his surprise one started to form infront of him out of the aether it's shape coming together more slowly than the walkway or the bike from back at the university. After five minutes of intense concentration the bike was fully formed complete with a bell. Marcus sat astride it, his head still aching from all the focusing required to bring it into existence and started pedaling, amazed at the fact that he was actually riding a bike formed entirely by thought.

"Wait...does this make me an alien?"

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
David ran, whether by shock if what he had done or fear of discovery he didn't know. It was probably a mixture of both. Then the voices sounded in his head, dull, monotonous speech that sounded more machine than man. David could also feel something press the back of his head

All this mess, did anyone I know die in it?

OH MY GOD! My teacher might be an alien!

My internet connection better work when I get home.

My car is fucked, god damn it!

David kept running but the monotonous voice communicating other peoples thoughts to him kept speaking. Every range of thought, selfless to selfish passed through his head with no distinction as to whose they were. The voice gave no clue of identity.

David had made it to a car park, then out of the University grounds and into the streets. Clean up teams worked on the worst bits of the wreckage and ignored David in favour of their work. There were a few people walking the streets observing the damaged streets and once again David heard the monotonous choir. This time he thought Stop, how do I make this quiet? and the entire street looked startled. It had the desired effect though at the voices drained away. David realised he had some control over these developments, though felt he could only act within the limits this other presence allowed him to.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
The tests went off without a hitch, and soon Leo was allowed to leave with his uncle. The silence in the car ride back was oppressively silent until Dominic spoke up.

"I worry about you, you know."

"Oh yeah?" Leon muttered, from where he was leaning on his hand against the window.

"I just want what's best for you..."

"Then why won't you let me d what I want, huh?!" He interrupted.

"I don't expect you to understand," Dominic muttered, "Hopefully you'll understand someday."

Leon didn't respond, just slumped back in his seat with his arms crossed over his chest. The rest of the ride was totally silent.

[spoiler: OOC]Yeah sorry, that's all I got so far, but I wanted to post anyway. Maybe I'll come up with something later[/spoiler]

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Kevin handed off the delivery bag containing the money to Tom and turned his attention to the man in black.
"Can I help you?"
"Mr. Anderson, I understand you were at the University during the quake?"
"I was, why should that matter?"
"I'm going to have to ask you to come with me for medical examination."
"I'm fine, just a few scratches. My mom's a doc, and she taught me how to check for this stuff."
"Nevertheless, I feel we should have you checked out."
The man began approaching Kevin, when suddenly the shadows at his feet began to solidify around his feet, immobilizing him.
"What's happening?!
The man in black pulled a pistol out of his jacket and pointed it at Kevin.
"What the hell?!"
"Stand down or I will fire!"
Men in riot gear armed with assault-weapons began pouring out of the black vans outside.

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
When Drake and Ryan returned to the apartment, they couldn't say they were surprised by the damage. In fact, if anything, it was surprising that there wasn't more. Cabinets were open and the contents were smashed, the television had fallen off its mount an onto the floor, and Ryan's computer had fallen off his desk. However, beyond that, the apartment was still in good shape. "Ugh, just look at the place..." Ryan kicked aside some pieces of the shattered plates and turned the faucet on, with some brown, obviously undrinkable water flowing out in response. "Guess those bottle of water I bought at the store are going to have to last longer than I thought..."

Ryan continued to grumble passively about the damage as he walked around the apartment, but Drake stopped following when they came upon Ryan's computer. It was quite the expensive computer, as Ryan liked to play video games on it in his spare time. The man lamented and thought that the computer's tower was a complete loss, the casing busted open and the internal component scattered all over the floor. However, Drake couldn't help but think that it could be saved, though it could have been just his desire not to see something his friend worked so hard and paid so much for be wasted. "Hey, don't you still have that book that you bought when you wanted to build this thing?"

"That computer science textbook? Yeah, I might...but I didn't use it to build that computer, it was practically written in greek, with all those technical terms. I just ended up watching a few videos online." Ryan opened up a closet in the room containing the computer, and after a minute of shuffling through the items that had fallen on the floor, he pulled out a thick hardback. "Why did you want this, you wanna try to put that together?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, I think a couple of these cards are a loss, the boards are all broken up; but it looks like most of the critical stuff just got shaken up. I figure there's no harm in seeing if they can't be fixed rather than adding another few thousand on the damages."

Ryan shrugged in response and handed Drake the book before heading out of the room. "Fair point. Anyway, I'm going to head out and see if there are any aid stations or the like nearby. We don't exactly have a lot of food around here."

"Okay..." Drake responded a couple of seconds before hearing the front door slam shut. He was already perusing the textbook, finding it an unlikely source of vital information. Some tools would be required, but Drake believed that Ryan's computer could indeed be saved.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
Harold was relieved. His family was safe, though his mother had nearly had a heart attack when they couldn't contact him. Thankfully, she didn't cause they thought she was going to tear herself apart in her worry, for a moment anyways. Apparently they weren't hit as bad as Portsfield was, from how Tristan was describing it. Of course, they were more interested in hearing how things were over in Portsfield itself, and Harold reluctantly told them about it.

They were naturally concerned about how he would get water and such but they seemed particularly interested in the large pillar of light coming from the mountain. They talked as if it were some sort of radioactive beacon...which they could be right about, but he assumed that if it was throwing out stuff, then people would be being evacuated away from said mountain. As far as he knew, they weren't so he assumed that it was ok for now. Still, nice to know that his family cared enough to be concerned about that. He didn't tell them about his Raydeath though, that would just cause more headaches and stress then it was worth so he left that out.

Eventually, they hung up, having to find a place to recharge their phones, allowing Harold some time in his apartment to test out what worked and what didn't. He already knew that his water was messed up, one of the construction crews being near his building proved that by working on a pipe so he tried the electricity. He remembered that he had no spare lights save for some brooklyn lantern thing that he bought for purely aesthetic reasons when he tried the hall light, finding that it didn't work. He tried some of the other lights anyways and was thankful that he did since they turned on so, naturally, he assumed that the one in the hall had a broken bulb, sort of bad since the lightbulbs broke during the quake. He let his phone charge while he checked other things, finding all of the wall plugs working, though a couple of them started releasing some sort of acrid smell when he plugged things into them.
He turned those off with the fuse box before testing the heat and finding an immediate problem. The heat wouldn't light so all it did was spew out gas, something that caused him to turn them off and open the windows faster than a pen could drop. He spent a little more time checking stuff, generally finding it all to be good and silently happy that the stuff he bought was of good enough quality to not break easily.

With those done, and nothing else to check that he knew, he turned on the t.v. to watch something. Rather horribly, he discovered that only the basic news services were working...then again, he should have expected that. With nothing else to check, he unplugged his phone and went to get something to drink, hoping that a fast food joint or diner was open which, considering that they would make a killing in the wake of this, he hoped so.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
As soon as they returned how, Leon went straight to his room and flopped down on his bed with a huff. His head was still throbbing dully, but it wasn't anything he couldn;t handle.

Stupid Uncle... who doe he think he is? Just let me do my thing, damnit!"

The headache flared up and Leon winced, that one he couldn't ignore. So off he went to the bathroom to get some aspirin. As he exited the bathroom, however, Leon came across his Uncle siting at the table and reading the newspaper.

"Um... I just had to get some aspirin, I'll just get going..."

Leon blinked. His Uncle showed no signs of reacting to his statement. "Hello?" He waved a hand in front of his uncle's face, but no reaction. "Stop ignoring me, damnit!" Again, no reaction. "Fine, just ignore me! I don't care!"

And with that, he stormed off back to his room, slamming the door as he went. Moments later, there was a knock on the door.

"Hey, is something the matter?" Came his uncle's voice. "Why'd you slam your door?"

Leon sat upright on his bed. "...Didn't you hear me earlier?"

"No, why?"

The teenager didn't respond, all he could think of was Then what the hell just happened?

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012
After several hours of standing down in the shop and one or two people who may have come in to try stealing but were scared away Cameron got up from where he had been sitting and clapped Ren on the shoulder.
"Close up Ren, its late enough we wont be missing very many people. Go home like your kids did hours ago, your wife will be happy for it."

He turned to give me a grateful look before starting to count the till and do several other things needed to close shop. Leaving him to it Cameron walks outside and over to his stairs, walking up them slowly and opening the door to his apartment. Looking around hes both surprised and unsurprised, it less messy than he had thought but still had things to pick up. Taking the few minutes it takes to pick up he finally sits down and things back over the day.
Did i really do what i think i did? Seriously? Is it expected to believe that i was somehow able to... See? and even do something about a cell phone and blue tooth?

Sitting there quietly as he things over it Cameron gets up and walks over to s small alarm he had had for years, but hadn't plugged in for a while since he had stopped getting up early. Plugging it in and setting it on radio he sits there listening as it plays some country music. Rubbing his chin and looking down at it he shakes his head.
See? i cant see anything, it was all hokus.
Nodding resolutely and turning to go he jerks to a stop as he stares at the antenna on the radio. Frowning hard and lifting his hand he puts it facing towards it and holds it there. Breathing slightly harder he thinks with as much concentration as he can form STOP!.

Jumping hard and loosing his concentration when the radio stops playing and a loud slightly computerized voice which sounds like him yells out stop. Looking at it frowning heavily Cameron shakes as it goes back to playing some country songs. Rubbing his head at the sudden headache he jerks straight when it starts buzzing and being filled with people and voices, police talk and other all yelling at once. Most of them talking about what just happened and who had yelled stop some were throwing police jargon out there and from the little he could actually hear over the garble it sounds like the city was still ramped with looting and other things. Sitting down slowly he Shakes his head and closes his eyes, setting his finger tips on his forehead softly and focusing on pushing the voices away.

Slowly, very slowly, layer by layer of voices fades and he is able to think more clearly. Soon there is just one set of voices still there and with little effort this time he push's them away and his head is quiet again. Leaning back and panting hard like he had run a race he can feel the chill from sweat all over his body.
the... Fuck... Was... That...
Still panting and leaning back in his chair with his eyes closed he slowly calms himself and tries to rationally think over what has been happening.
first thing, i was knocked out by some blue flash from the mountain. Second, i can see people using their phones and even what they are texting and saying. third, after i... Pushed even in his own head he can hear the hesitation.there was on onrush of what i have to assume is real people talking in my head. Wait, police use radios don't they? So what? I forced my way into hearing what the radio waves in the city were saying?

Sitting up slowly and leaning against his knees Cameron loos blank eyes out across his room for a very few long minutes before standing abruptly and walking to the window. Rubbing over his eyebrow slowly as he looks out through a small crack in it across the street to another apartment where he knows a young woman lives, using the slightly longer commute but cheaper apartment to live with a bit of a buffer. Looking across the street at her lit windows he can just make out her form sitting down through her own curtains. Rubbing his forehead slowly and narrowing his eyes he feels out towards her. Immediately feeling, and then seeing, the WiFi signals coming from her apartment he can feel them hitting his skin. Breathing a little faster he closes his eyes and imagining what it should look like he first feels the signals then sends some out from himself. No where near the power he had put into the thing before he touch's the WiFi and is surprised at how easy it is to send out a signal himself. Opening his eyes and pulling back he can feel himself breathing hard and sweating slightly. Leaning against the wall and looking at another apartment across the way he puts his hand up, frowning and lowering it after few minutes when he realized he was to tired to do anything right now. His outburst before tiring him much more than he had realized. Turning back to his room he sits down in his seat as the clock slowly ticks, letting himself rest and bring back any amount of energy he can to his tired body.

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
Marcus was huffing and puffing as he rode his conjured bike down another stretch of road, he usually wasn't this exhausted just from pedaling so he assumed it was from the added of strain of maintaining his construct although the fact he elected to destroy it, a process he found was accomplished by directing his attention away from the bike and reform it at every path blocked by debris was probably not helping either. However Marcus did note that with each time he willed the bike construct back into existence it was both easier and faster for him to do so, leading him to theorize that this new power was akin to a muscle that needed to be trained.

"okay so I'm now riding on a bike made entirely out of thought... okay I know I can make other objects as well and according to what I've done so far those objects can possess simple moving mechanisms such as a chain and pedals...however in making these...'constructs' as they shall henceforth be known I suffer physical exertion however that seems to be lessening each time I use the power to make something...interesting, note to self, test upper limits of power when home after resting"

Marcus smiled to himself despite his growing exhaustion, he was excited by the prospect of this power, all the possibilities of it. The strangeness of it wasn't much of a factor in his decision making because to him when it gets to the point you are riding a glowing yellow bicycle made from your own thoughts you pretty much have to accept it, even more so when you can point to a clear cause for it all.

"hmm okay until I can find evidence to the contrary it would appear that blue light was the cause of this, but that would mean that it's possible that other people saw that light as well...hmmm that might explain why Prof.Earle was able to turn a bench into modern art...okay so that would mean that as of right now as a result of the blue light there are an unknown number of people out there with weird powers...I'm still blaming aliens for this."

Marcus continued on his way until he passed by a diner with several black vans out front and in addition to that there were several people who appeared to either be SWAT teams or soldiers dressed in full riot gear watching inside. After watching the situation for a few minutes he realized that none of them even knew he was here which was strange considering the fact he wasn't exactly hard to miss what with his glowing bicycle and all. Overwhelmed with curiosity Marcus decided to dissapate his bike and simply stand there watching the situation unfold from a bench across the street.

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
Drake had spent hours on his task, oddly consumed by the process of gleaning understanding from the technical manual and applying that knowledge to repairing the computer. It helped a lot that a willing neighbor owned the right tools for the job, as Drake remembered using them to do repair some broken things the landlord refused to fix. Regardless, Drake had what he needed, and by the time his was satisfied with his work, he looked up to find that the sun had set.

"What the-?" Drake blinked in surprise that he had utterly lost track of time. Coincidentally, Ryan returned to the apartment at about the same time, several loud clunks and the loud "crash" of someone plopping in a chair. When Drake came into the room, he saw that several items of food and water were on the counter, and Ryan was covered in what looked like ash. "What happened?"

"I didn't want to take the car, because of how hard it was to get back here, but the aid station I found was a lot farther then I thought...but...when I got there...I saw someone just...suddenly burst into flames. Then the guy started freaking out and running around, setting the place on fire. I just got what I could and ran, but...then there was an explosion and..." Ryan gestured at himself. "...something exploded."

"Holy crap, are you okay?" Drake moved away from picking at the items brought back to check on Ryan, awkwardly brushing off some of the ash.

"Yeah...just...exhausted. Ran half the way here...then climb up all those stairs. Just..." Ryan released a heavy sigh before continuing, leaving his eyes closed. "...let me rest for a minute..."

Drake nodded as he backed away from Ryan, then looked at the clock. "Wow, that is late..." With a yawn, Drake decided that showing off what he had done with the computer could wait, and headed off to get some sleep in his own bed.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
Harold called his boss and politely informed him that his offer was unnecessary, one of the only times that i've seen such a phrase used unsarcastically, much less used it. Of course, the water was still off so he did ask for some help getting a few cases of bottled water to his home. He could have tried it himself but he would only be able to carry around two or three, much less with ease so the fact that his boss agreed was a huge relief to him. Between the two of them, they were able to stock his and the bosses houses with an appropriate amount of water, making a large concern officially dealt with.

After that, he headed back home to a notice on the door saying that the managment had come around to inspect the apartment and deemed it safe. He shrugged and headed in, starting to clean and throwing away anything too broken and unsalvageable (mostly glass). He had already determined that it was safe already but at least he had backup in that department now, he just hated how they had to trample in before he got the chance to clean up. Still, he was able to do that rather easily, even talking to his mother, who had decided that this was a good time to call and didn't seem to realize that it wasn't, no matter how much he hinted towards her that it wasn't.

With that done, he went down and informed the management about the gas priblem, and a little while later, they came back to check. He had bought something to eat real quick as they were getting the water and as they checked the gas, he sat down and started digging in. The bit that lit the gas was apparently broken so they'd have to wait for a replacement to fix it and so left it alone right now. Of course, he wondered how long that would take with the current state of things but decided not to freak out about it, it was supposed to apparently be rather cool tonight anyways.

When all was said and done, all he had really done was some home maintenance but that was fine for him. He spent the rest of the night making sure everything was in order before going to bed, nothing else for him to do.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Shortly afterwards, the phone rang and Dominic went to get it. "Hello? Yes... yes... I understand. I'll be there shortly." He hung up and turned to Leon.

"Well, the Institute is calling up scientists to check up on it, make sure it's still working. The way things are going, I'll be back by nightfall. Hopefully." As he got his coat on, he added, "Think you can watch the place while I'm gone?"

Leon nodded. "Sure."

"Good. Hopefully, I'll be back before dinner. Maybe I'll pick us up some sandwiches. Sound good?" Another nod. "
Alright, see you later then."

Leon watched his uncle go, waiting util his uncle's car had driven off before returning to his room. He sat down with his head in his hands and began to think.

Okay... so I can make others not notice me? That's crazy! But... His glance turned to the window. After what I saw the other day, is it that weird? Then another thought occurred to him. And... what else can I do not?

With that in mind, he got up and grabbed his keys, heading towards the door. It's not like anyone will miss me for the next few hours, right?