The New X-Box 360 Dashboard

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
gantzsurvivor1 said:
Thats just it, eye candy. There really is no purpose of having everything there.
Okay? So? Who cares then. Press the Xbox menu and theres your little menu. For the rest of us who do like it, bam.

Be a little bit more objective about reviewing the dashboard. Maybe you don't use netflicks but a lot people just saw a real perk to it. Maybe you don't care about avatars and parties but for a lot of people thats a big step in gaming with your friends. Maybe you don't give a rats ass about the new dashboard but when exactly did eye candy ever hurt. Isn't EYE CANDY the whole damn reason we went from xbox to xbox 360 ANYWAY.

Again, press the damn xbox button if you don't give a rats ass. In fact the new Xbox button look sold the entire NXE for me because it's simple, sleek and fast.

MosDes

Jul 16, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
gantzsurvivor1 said:
Thats just it, eye candy. There really is no purpose of having everything there.
Okay? So? Who cares then. Press the Xbox menu and theres your little menu. For the rest of us who do like it, bam.

Be a little bit more objective about reviewing the dashboard. Maybe you don't use netflicks but a lot people just saw a real perk to it. Maybe you don't care about avatars and parties but for a lot of people thats a big step in gaming with your friends. Maybe you don't give a rats ass about the new dashboard but when exactly did eye candy ever hurt. Isn't EYE CANDY the whole damn reason we went from xbox to xbox 360 ANYWAY.

Again, press the damn xbox button if you don't give a rats ass. In fact the new Xbox button look sold the entire NXE for me because it's simple, sleek and fast.
For the record, I went from the Wii to the 360, and this update took me back (in every sense of Microsoft stealing borrowing ideas from other systems) to the Wii.

And you don't have to inform us that our opinion causes you grief.

superbleeder12

agamersperspective.com
Oct 13, 2007
I like it. I've been viewing a lot more media on my 360 than before, because all the new stuff is right there in my face, rather than having to go search for it. But that's what the 360 is trying to be, a total home entertainment system, not just a gaming system.

The people who don't like it will either just have to deal, or return their system because "baww i don't like the way it looks. baaawwwwww they stole miis"

oh yeah, and miis are just a virtualization of paperdolls

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
MosDes said:
For the record, I went from the Wii to the 360, and this update took me back (in every sense of Microsoft stealing borrowing ideas from other systems) to the Wii.

Are we really playing the stealing card? Is the avatar system REALLY the Wii who invented it? The wii is going to have an achievement system down the road so should we hate on them for adapting as well?

gantzsurvivor1

Nov 1, 2008
SirSchmoopy said:
MosDes said:

Are we really playing the stealing card? Is the avatar system REALLY the Wii who invented it? The wii is going to have an achievement system down the road so should we hate on them for adapting as well?
I dont hate the 360 for that. Its just they had everything that you needed. whats the point in the avatars? Yea they are better than the Wii's Miis but whats the point?

Fightbulb

May 14, 2008
Why are people on this forum so afraid to use the search function? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.77464]

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
gantzsurvivor1 said:
I dont hate the 360 for that. Its just they had everything that you needed. whats the point in the avatars? Yea they are better than the Wii's Miis but whats the point?
Again, missing the point man. To you yeah, avatars are pointless. To the target audience the Wii is hitting, it's a bigger deal. With Avatars/web cam games and of course the to be expected Microsoft version of the Wii mote, it's just one step to closing the gap between the consoles.

The wii is targeting casuals and none gamers to get them into gaming.
Microsoft is targeting EVERYONE.

hippo24

Apr 29, 2008
I love it, not for any visual reasons, but for the 8-party chat, improved load times, quieter /cooler xbox,streaming video features, and improved flow of blades and applications. All the other stuff is kinda pointless.

Edit: ohh and if anyone truly hates it, I believe the download is optional.(if I'm wrong, I'm sorry)

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
I hate it, why on Earth is it mandatory for me to make a Postman Pat version of myself?
And now it's also a pain to go through my friends list, as I can only see one friend on my screen at a time.
What I also hate, is that fact than when I first turn on my console, I have 5 giant adverts in my face.
I can't say I've found a feature that I actually like yet....

Tomw1812

Nov 9, 2008
i quite like, i'll get used to the new blades, the party system is good, the putting discs on hard drives is goods, the avatars don't care either way and accessing marketplace on the computer is good, all in all i think the new dashboard is an improvement

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
The interface is buggy (crashed twice first 5 minutes of use) and clunky. It has so many unnecessary steps that I would have preferred a facelift of the blades.

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
I personally like the new party option as many of my friends have always been after group chat.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
Fightbulb said:
Why are people on this forum so afraid to use the search function? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.77464]
You mean you haven't heard of the...."Search Demon"? *wild, demented cackle*

I think the new interface is pretty slick. It's fast and smooth, which is what I like most about it.

And the Netflix feature rocks. I spent an entire weekend just watching movies.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
ThePlasmatizer said:
I like the new NXE. It's an update on the old look, there's also a load of new features like parties and (personally) I really like the new avatars.
I'm with you. I don't see the issue. Just because Xbox added the new avatars doesn't mean they ripped off the Wii.

TheGhostOfSin said:
I have never once seen an ad on my dashboard, everyone used to talk about them and be shocked when they saw that I didn't have them, anyone have a screen or a photo?
I haven't seen an add either.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the new look. I like the quick launch idea and think the new UI is pretty damn sexy.

jamesc

Jul 30, 2008
I was set to chuck my 360 out my window when I first heard abotu it, but I love it now. The avatars are cool, but need more options in the face and a way to customise the color of your clothes. I like the interface a lot more, though it does seem to be geared towards moms once in a while. It's a lot smoother and easier to use, and I like how they put the media and games blades into the my xbox section. Also, the new guide is crazy amazing. I dont really like the effect that installing games has on games optimized for disk(also, how do I delete game installs without taking out any of my memory on it?).