The Next Cities: Skylines Expansion Adds Mass Transit

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Next Cities: Skylines Expansion Adds Mass Transit

Paradox has announced the next expansion for Cities: Skylines, titled Mass Transit.

Cities: Skylines has basically commandeered the city sim genre since its launch in 2015. Since then, it has won a number of awards, including our Snowfall [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165692-The-Escapist-Awards-2015-Winners]. Now there's a new expansion on the way, as Paradox announced Mass Transit, which will bring many new transit options to the game.

Mass Transit will add numerous new public transit options to the game, including ferries, blimps, cable cars, and monorails. There will also be options for new mass transit hubs, new road types, bridges, canals, and more. Best of all, there will be new hats for Chirper.

Alongside the release of the expansion later this year, Paradox will also release a free update that adds mod-inspired features to traffic management. These will include an extended public transport budget, emergency vehicle overtaking and more road features, and best of all, the ability to name your city's roads.

There's no precise release date for Mass Transit yet, but Paradox says that it will be out in 2017 for PC, Mac, and Linux.

[gallery=6989]

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Mass Transit will add numerous new public transit options to the game, including ferries, blimps, cable cars, and monorails.
Of course, a blimp is literally the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Mass Transit.

I'd be more keen if they were adding more rail options and medium density zones.