The Next Resident Evil 7 DLC Features Chris Redfield

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
While I think it's a bit of a jump to assume that all of Resident Evil 7 will be ruined by a single returning character, I somewhat understand the concern that this might drag the future of the series into a hole.

I say somewhat, none of us will really know until it's out, in the meantime it just looks like free DLC that'll tie up the loose-ends (hopefully) that just happens to have a classic RE character in it and that's pretty alright by me.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
Ezekiel said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
Ooooooof course it does. Sigh. I think Yahtzee was right- Capcom seems intent on breaking everything RE7 fixed about the series.

At least it's free DLC.
I'm probably never playing RE7. I thought the baggage from the previous games was already enough of a reason to end the series, but dropping third-person view was the final deal-breaker for me.
Why does a change of perspective put you off so badly? The series already changed from fixed camera to third person with quite a positive reception, so I'm not sure another shift would be a deal breaker.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I don't get why people didn't think it was Chris Redfield. It does say his name in the credits if you pay attention.