The "Not Doing Star Wars" List

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
Because of the big announcement that Disney bought up Lucasfilm and will be producing a new addition to the Star Wars saga, everyone wants to know who's involved. Because of this, many people have been making statements that they are not interested in making it. So until that announcement is made, let's make a list of whose not doing Star Wars.

1. George Lucas
2. Steven Spielberg
3. J.J. Abrams
4. Zack Snyder
5. Brad Bird
6. Quentin Tarrantino
7. Ben Affleck
8. Kevin Smith
9. ?

So who else is on this list?

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I hope it doesn't get made.

They are running out of directors I actually like, they are pretty much all on that list. *I didn't hear Ben Affleck got asked, thank god he turned it down...

Maybe Paul W. S. Anderson might make an interesting choice? He can make direct good action movies. Alien vrs Predator, Death Race, Resident Evil.

I'm sure most people don't like him however.

Arg, the stupid courtyard weekend deals captcha is so fucking annoying.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Ridley Scott should do an R-rated trilogy ;D

EDIT: James Cameron may not be a bad choice either.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Well, I guess that leaves Guillermo del Toro, Peter Jackson, the dude who directed Pirates of the Carribean, and the dude who directed The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy on my personal list of people who I want to direct who haven't yet refused to do it. Del Toro and the H2G2 guy are at the top of the list, now that Spielberg has turned it down.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Get Joe Johnston to make it. Captain America was a better Indiana Jones movie than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Rose and Thorn said:

They are running out of directors I actually like, they are pretty much all on that list. *I didn't hear Ben Affleck got asked, thank god he turned it down...

Maybe Paul W. S. Anderson might make an interesting choice? He can make direct good action movies. Alien vrs Predator, Death Race, Resident Evil.

Knocking Ben Affleck but then wanting Paul W.S. Anderson is uh... interesting.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Soviet Heavy said:
Get Joe Johnston to make it. Captain America was a better Indiana Jones movie than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was.
Actually that's not a bad idea.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
Give it to Robert Rodriguez and we'll have Episode 7 by summer. Could give it to Rob Zombie, he seems to have a knack for "remake/re imaginations" (*oh the sarcasm*)

Yojoo

Sep 9, 2010
I'm sad that Zack Snyder is already out of the picture. His movies are so visually impressive, I would have loved to see what he could pull off with Star Wars.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
FargoDog said:
Rose and Thorn said:

Wait, so Paul W.S Anderson would be a good choice, but Ben Affleck wouldn't be?

Your standards of quality are bizarre.
And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon...little boy blue and the man on the moon...When you comin' home dad?

As am I.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Quentin Tarantino? Why would he assume anyone would want him to make Star Wars, no offense, but the man's demented...

I vote Joss Whedon... Possibly calling it Star Wars VII: Firefly, set in a different area and time space... Perhaps just shortened to Firefly...

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
Seeing Quentin Tarantino on that list makes me wonder what a Tarantino Star Wars would be like. Probably awesome.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Well, I do know that they just officially hired on Lawrence Kasdan to write and produce future installments, and that isnt just a big deal, its a HUGE deal. He was the screenwriter for The Empire Strikes Back, and was also involved in Jedi. I am VERY excited about this news!

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
Lt._nefarious said:
Quentin Tarantino? Why would he assume anyone would want him to make Star Wars, no offense, but the man's demented...
There was an article saying that he "couldn't care less". I don't see why anyone would want him either.