The Official Screenshot Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
How you liking MadWorld?
It's ok. Kinda clunky for a Platinum game, and I wish the camera could be pulled back further from Jack. Quite good looking for a Wii game, tho the resolution boost and texture pack I added no doubt helped. And it's got style, drawing from Sin City obviously, but I'm also getting a bit of Viewtiful Joe and maybe just a dash of Godhand. But weirdly, the game I think it 'feels' the most like is No More Heroes. Not so much in moment to moment gameplay, as in general vibe as games that take refuge in audacity.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's ok. Kinda clunky for a Platinum game, and I wish the camera could be pulled back further from Jack. Quite good looking for a Wii game, tho the resolution boost and texture pack I added no doubt helped. And it's got style, drawing from Sin City obviously, but I'm also getting a bit of Viewtiful Joe and maybe just a dash of Godhand. But weirdly, the game I think it 'feels' the most like is No More Heroes. Not so much in moment to moment gameplay, as in general vibe as games that take refuge in audacity.
Did you use a Wii Mote and Nunchuck when playing on emulator? I played on the actual hardware last year and most of the game didn't feel to clunky to me at least, but I might be too use to it to even notice notice. I do know Anarchy Reigns plays way smoother. As for the vibes you are feeling, you are not wrong. Platinum was made up of mostly ex-Clover Studios alumni at the beginning. MadWorld is a spiritual successor to God Hand, and Platinum stated as such in their previews and various press kits. No More Heroes was there inspiration too, with the ranked battles and dark comedy.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
carved upon ancient stone unspoken commandment long known: uphold and celebrate any and all absence of profanity filters in family games, for the betterment of mankind, Citizen!

2024-03-19-23-25-58-380.jpg

2024-03-19-23-26-49-018.jpg

Reactions: Chimpzy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I’ve always wondered how these would play on kb/mouse. Still looks pretty good too.
You can play with kb/m, but you're essentially emulating the right analog using a mouse. Sensitivity is a huge pain to get right, and it always feels like you have mouse acceleration.

Anyway, both PS3 Killzones can be played to completion with RCPS3, provided you use the proper settings and patches. I had no crashes and only some minor visual glitches (any spot with waving banners for some reason) Also, you don't need a powerful gpu to run at higher resolutions, but higher framerates requires a beastly cpu. For reference, my Ryzen 5800x hits 30fps in most situations, but not all, tho more often and consistently than an actual PS3 would.