The old belt (Parents using violence to correct you)

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
the first day I said that was child abuse (I was seven) and I would call the cops my uncle (who at the time gave me a spanking for breaking a window with the baseball from our game when we purposely faced the house even though we were told six different times not to), my uncle said go ahead, it will take them 30 mins to get here, and thats 30 minutes you'll wish I never had.

I loved him for it.

I havent raelly been physically punished recently, or that much int he past for that matter. I'm 19 now, so it looks rather ridiculous for one of my realtives to just smack me (though I've been told they could, and it would just look like a street fight and not child abuse, which I agreed). Though both my grandfather and uncle have done it from time to time when I refused to take my normal punishment (Wake up at 4 am and chase deer till I either catch one [without a weapon or materials to make a trap] or till 10 am, and if i didnt catch one, ig et to run for an extra three hours.

And if they think I'm not doing it,t hey just lock me out of the house until I do.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
My parents never ever beat me or belted me, so i guess i wouldnt know, but its illegal so most definitely wrong

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Hobo Steve said:
Its quick, its effective and it works.
Not hitting your kids just turns them into spoiled little cunts who think they are invincible.
If you love your kids, beat them.
Well, no. Not beat. Hit them if they deserve it, definitely. Hitting should be used only as severe punishment. Hell, when I misbehaved, I got hit, I learned not to do stupid shit.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Children are not spoilt because they haven't been physically hurt by their parent. Anyone who believes that is clearly an idiot. Children who are spoilt are so for a variety of reasons, all of them to do with bad parenting, on both sides of the social scale.

There are ways to raise a child without laying a finger on them. Any person who resorts to physical punishment not only failed in these respects, but also is continuing to fail by physically hurting your children.

Put simply, people are contrary, rebellious and at times anarchic, and children are no different. Rewarding them for doing the right thing works a million times better than punishing them for doing the wrong thing.

For further proof, notice how corporal punishment isn't used in civilised countries anymore. This isn't to do with "liberal agendas", it's simply that it doesn't fucking work.