The Omega Generation (Looking for 1-2 Players. Read first post and PM your CS to the admins)

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Orphanage

It wasn't often that Erica got the chance to shower, and she relished every chance she did get, as it helped her relax and clean off all the dirt and sweat that had accumulated over time.

Feeling refreshed, she returned to her room, eager to catch up on the sleep that she was lacking, what with all the excitement around here and all.

After this, she thought Nothing else better come up. I'm on edge as it is...

Erica collapsed on the bed, and was lost in a deep sleep.

Somewhere else...

Winterfrost irritably drummed her fingers across the backseat of the car. Outside, the streets were mostly empty, save for a few cars and early-risers. After yesterday's hectic events, she was more than ready to take a hot bath and got to bed (something that across town, Erica, ironically, had already enjoyed).

"Here we are, Ma'am," said the driver, snapping her out of her thoughts as they came to a halt in front of a towering skyscraper.

Winterfrost exited the car without so much as a word of thanks to the driver, who was used to it, anyway. She strode briskly across they foyer towards the elevators, where a nebbish-looking young man was already entering one. Upon seeing her, the man stepped aside quickly.

"Ah- after you, Miss."

She smirked and stepped into the elevator, the young man following after her. Winterfrost closed her eyes, ignoring the man's attempts to start a conversation.

Finally, the elevator stopped on her floor, and Winterfrost stepped out without a look at the man behind her.

"Geez, talk about the cold shoulder." He said, and the corners over Winterfrost's mouth quirked slightly. She had gotten that comment many times, even before the event, and she found it... quaint.

There had been many discussions into why an Omega developed the power they did, and a prevalent theory said that an individual's personality had something to do with it. If that was the case, then Winterfrost and her compatriots certainly seemed to fit this theory.

With barely a glance at her surroundings, Winterfrost strode down the hallway until she came to her apartment. A quick turn of the key later, and she entered her sumptuous apartment, one provided to her by Mr. Goldman, who, in fact, happened to own this building.

As she stepped inside, she noticed her answering machine was blinking red, signifying that she had a message. Frowning, Winterfrost pressed the play button.

"Hey, Jeanne, it's Daniel. I've found someone who's looking for a place to live, and I recommended you to her. Call me back when you can so I can give you more details."

Her frowned deepened as she listened to the message. Fact of the matter was, their group didn't quite get along, as their personalities didn't bounce off each other that well, whether it was her own cold nature, Phantom's sneakiness, Brutus' bad temper, Voltage's hyperactivity, Carrion's... hygiene issues, and Manticore's feral tendencies.

Still... someone new in their little band would be a nice change of pace, especially if it was another girl...

Sighing, she picked up the phone and dialed the number despite dreading talking to him.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Roar is downstairs waiting for the others to shows up. Minutes later he had enough of waiting and head upstairs to look for them. He stumbles upon a door that isn't close.
He gently knocks on the door and no one answer so he took a peak inside. He creak the door open and saw Erica is sound asleep in his narrow vision view. He turn the handle and slowly shut the door properly and quietly.
He realise that she hand been through alot lately including himself and the others. He is still feeling wide awake, probably still in a tense mood. He head back to his room as he tries to relax by taking a nap that is if he can fall asleep anytime soon.
He lay on top of his bed as he close his eyes but his mind can't switch off.

2ndblackjedi

Sep 12, 2008
"Hm, thought we were leaving tonight," Marcus thought.

He decided to slip away, not really feeling like saying bye to anyone. He planned to come back in the morning, but at he moment he needed to check in with Sonny, and maybe take to Lauren again.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yes I'm here. Sorry I was waiting for you to post the next thing. I didn't want to make my next post with Roar trying to sleep or dream sequence etc.

2ndblackjedi

Sep 12, 2008
I was thinking of making a post about Sonny, but I didn't want to double post or just edit an old one

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
-Blue Moon Apartments-

When Phantom felt his phone vibrating in his pocket, he was quick to answer. Even if Dawn was asleep, he still had to play the part.

"What is it, 'Daniel'?" Winterfrost's distaste was obvious on the other side of the line. Then again, he knew she was cranky pretty much all the time.

"That was fast." Phantom replied in his own snarky way.

--------

Lauren's Orphanage

As Alex worked the last cinderblock to interlock with the other two, he then got to work on shaping it into a fulcrum for the steel bar. It wasn't pretty, but it would have to do if this was to work.

"Hey, Kiru. Would you mind hoisting the rear of this thing so I can make some supports for it?" He had a feeling he would say yes, but all the same, he hoped the structure of bricks didn't crumble once any pressure was applied.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Winterfrost frowned, but continued anyway. "I just got your message. You say we have a new recruit?"

Occasionally, one of their group would come across another Omega who they deemed suitable enough to join their little... "organization". So far, only Voltage had ever joined the top group... but look where that had got him.

"Why don't you take her to me, and I'll see if she has what it takes to join our ranks." Winterfrost added. "In the meantime, what is her name and her powers. I need details before I can even think of letting her in..."

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
CrazyGirl17 said:
"I just got your message. You say we have a new recruit? Why don't you take her to me, and I'll see if she has what it takes to join our ranks. In the meantime, what is her name and her powers. I need details before I can even think of letting her in..."
"Fair enough." Phantom replied.

Ultraman950 said:
-Referenced-
Before he could say more, he heard Dawn make a few noises as she tossed on the couch. Looking over in her direction for a minute, he stepped back into the radio room so he could talk without worry of waking her. "She can control fire, and maybe absorb it if needed." Phantom continued, closing the door behind him.

- Lauren's Orphanange -

Without a response from Kiru, Alex went back to working on the makeshift lever for the bus. Taking the I-beam in his hands, he dragged it closer and removed his gloves. While he was unable to actually break the object in two with his powers, he would be able to thin the object out enough near where he placed his hands to simply snap it with little force.

Even so, as he had learned early on in his life as an Omega, he could not create new matter with his powers; only mold what was there while in contact with objects. The excess had to go somewhere else on the object, which would make those parts tougher and heavier.

Looking down at the I-beam, he had a feeling he would not need all of the steel that made up the beam to make what he would need. With all the encounters with violent and psychotic individuals they had had this day, he didn't want to be defenseless if it happened again. Thinking that he needed to re-fashion a weapon for himself, his thoughts then turned to the others. Most of them had powers that were far more useful than his in combat, but if he could make weapons for himself, why not some more for everyone else so they could defend themselves?

"Hmm." Alex hummed as he looked around. Everyone besides he and Kiru were inside, likely getting some sleep. "Maybe later."

Sorry this took so long. IE crashed during my first draft yesterday.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Winterfrost frowned. Due to the nature of her powers, she didn't... care for those with powers over fire. Still, she had been told many times they had to be more open-minded when taking applicants.

"Alright then. I'll let the boss know, see what he has to say."

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
CrazyGirl17 said:
"She really needs a place of her own, and likely a job as well." Phantom said, still keeping the demeanor going. "I don't mind helping her out for a while, though."

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
AgentBJ09 said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
"She really needs a place of her own, and likely a job as well." Phantom said, still keeping the demeanor going. "I don't mind helping her out for a while, though."
"So it's settled then. You watch the girl, I'll let the boss know."

Winterfrost was already beginning to get a bit impatient. She was so longing for that nice bath...

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
CrazyGirl17 said:
"So it's settled then. You watch the girl, I'll let the boss know."
"Fair enough. I'll see you later." Hanging up the phone, Phantom left the room and went for another beer. While he was hungry rather than thirsty, a beer was more appealing at the moment.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Winterfrostr set the reciever down, almost relieved. She wasn't one for conversations, and talking with Phantom often irritated her.

She was not partial to her... companions in the group (save for their boss, that is), though she would at least work with them to achieve a common goal: domination of Omegas over humans.

But for now, it was time for that nice bath.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
-Blue Moon Apartments-

After downing the beer, Phantom was ready to call it a night. Checking the time as he made his way to his bedroom, it was barely 11:40. So much had happened within the last 24 hours that had kept him awake, but it wasn't anything new. "Ugh. God, I hope I don't have a hangover tomorrow." he thought, climbing into bed with his day clothes still on.

-Lauren's Orphanage-

As Alex wore down the I-beam in front of him, his body began to slip into a calmer state. He didn't notice it at first, concentrating on molding the metal instead. Soon, his breathing slowed and his head dipped a few inches. For a second, he could feel it falling, then snapped himself back to attention.

Looking around again, it was still just him and Kiru. No one else was back from going inside the orphanage. Checking his handiwork for a minute, Alex quickly decided to stop where he was and follow their example. Fatigue from the days events, coupled with the rapid succession of them, was starting to get to him.

As he got to his feet, slipping his gloves on in the process, his hand rubbed up against the morpher he was still wearing on his wrist. Seeing it got him to crack a smile for a minute. "Wish I had my laptop with me." he said aloud. "At least I could watch a few..." Stopping mid-sentence, he then recalled that along with his personal firearm, he had left his laptop back at the campus as well in his haste to leave.

Looking over his shoulder in the direction of the school, he now had another reason to try and get back there if he was able. Every student with a working laptop during the Omega Event had the upper hand in getting communications sent out wirelessly, and if they were truly going to be on the run until this mess was over, having one nearby would be a plus.

Inside the orphanage, it was pitch black aside from the moonbeams coming through the windows and the ceiling opening. Trying to avoid thinking about Ben, Alex snuck around the place as quietly as he could to find a place to crash, with the sounds of loud and quiet snores masking some of his footsteps. With no idea where everyone likely was, he noticed a couch nearby that seemed to be unoccupied, and settled into it. It didn't have a sheet he could use, but within minutes of laying down, he was fast asleep.

-Lauren's Orphanage-
June 21st, 2025
9:43 a.m.

The next morning, Alex awoke to see the front room of the building lit up by the morning sunlight, and some of the kids running around. With a groan, he moved onto his back and closed his eyes, trying to get some more sleep.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Erica yawned, stretching her arms over her head. Her night had been peaceful, yet devoid of dreams. till, after everything that had happened last night, that was a blessing,

She threw some clean clothes on - she really had to get the rest of them cleaned - and went down to the kitchen for some breakfast. Already, the kids were up and about, laughing and playing like nothing had happened.

Erica smiled at them fondly, as she picked out a box of cereal. Taking a bowl, she glanced around and asked, "Where's the rest of our motley band?"

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The sound of the children running amok had easily woken up Roar which he isn't please about. He wanted to get some more sleep but the sound outside had fully waken him up.

I guess this is another thing I got to get used to. Goodbye peaceful mornings.

He mouth tasted bitter which he knows all too well that it's his morning breath. He walks toward the nearby sink to wash his month with water. After that he realise that he had slept with his clothing on from last night, he put on his mask on and headed downstairs.

When he arrives he saw Erica is already having breakfast.

He said "Good Morning, mind if I get something to eat?"

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Hearing talk about breakfast, Alex's stomach loudly responded. He was used to not eating much at times, but the noise was like he was being starved. Opening his eyes again, the sunlight was streaming over the couch and he could hear more chatter coming from nearby; seeing daylight again after last night was a welcome change.

He then sat up, groaning for a second and covering his eyes while he truly started waking up. Some of the sounds around him seemed faster than they should have been, but he quickly shrugged it off and stood up, making his way towards the kitchen.

Along the way, he saw Lauren coming their way. Waving to her, he stepped into the kitchen, seeing Erica already eating. "Morning, guys."