The Omega Generation (Looking for 1-2 Players. Read first post and PM your CS to the admins)

AgentBJ09

New member
May 24, 2010
818
0
0
2ndblackjedi said:
"I was looking for supplies in lower NYC the other day. The neighborhood was...pretty dangerous, but every other place I know it's cleaned out or infested."
Hearing the phrase 'Lower New York' got Alex's attention almost immediately. The NYSU campus was within a few miles of lower NYC, but he always avoided the area for Central NYC unless he had some means of protection from his own creations or the armory on campus.

"That's pretty close to where I came from, but what kinds of supplies did you see?"

------------

Ultraman950 said:
"Thanks, I appreciate it."
Phantom nodded, then stood up and made his way for the bathroom, still taking swigs of milk as he went. Even as he finished it off, the liquid didn't do anything for him. His headache stuck around.


As he got into the shower, elsewhere in the apartment, his cell phone began ringing, making it's charming 8-bit sounds. The name on the face of the screen was 'Frost'.

You may choose to answer the phone for Phantom/Daniel since it's ringing loud enough for you to hear, or you can choose not to. The choice is yours.
 

Ultraman950

New member
Oct 17, 2010
742
0
0
Dawn watched the ringing phone for a few seconds, half-expecting Daniel to come back in and answer it. When he didn't, she briefly debated on whether to answer it, or just let them leave a message.

She couldn't quite pin down why, but... she almost felt compelled to answer. Oh, what could it hurt? she thought. I'm sure he won't mind. It might turn out to be a wrong number, anyway.

Upon seeing the name on the screen, she threw out her "wrong number" theory, but couldn't quite stop herself from picking up anyway. She cleared her throat and said as friendly as she could, "Hello?"
 

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
5,141
0
0
Winterfrost frowned, hearing an unfamiliar voice at the other end of the line. Maybe this was the "new recruit" Phantom had mentioned?

"Hello, who is this?"
 

2ndblackjedi

New member
Sep 12, 2008
607
0
0
"Last time I was out there I didn't find anything," Marcus admitted. "I was planning to check out the sunken part of the area since it's been abandoned for a while now, but then I got caught up in all this. I don't think the area is that safe anyway, there were a lot of stories of people going missing. Might not be a great idea to poke around there,"

"Because you're scared?" One of the voices in Marcus' head said.

"No...maybe..." he thought back.
 

AgentBJ09

New member
May 24, 2010
818
0
0
2ndblackjedi said:
"Last time I was out there I didn't find anything. I was planning to check out the sunken part of the area since it's been abandoned for a while now, but then I got caught up in all this. I don't think the area is that safe anyway, there were a lot of stories of people going missing. Might not be a great idea to poke around there."
"At night, maybe." Alex replied, now pouring himself some cereal. "Still, I'll take your word for it."

Thinking about what he was trying to do himself, he figured now was the best time to say it. "Actually, I do have an idea of some stuff we could use. I still have my laptop and some spare supplies back at the place I came from, including some guns. If we truly are going to be on the run, we're going to need some way of keeping in touch with news, and something beyond our powers handy."
 

Ultraman950

New member
Oct 17, 2010
742
0
0
CrazyGirl17 said:
Winterfrost frowned, hearing an unfamiliar voice at the other end of the line. Maybe this was the "new recruit" Phantom had mentioned?

"Hello, who is this?"
As lame as it sounds, Dawn wasn't entirely sure how to answer. "I'm Dawn, and Daniel can't come to the phone right now" just sounded inappropriate.

"Uh, I'm Dawn, and... Daniel can't come to the phone right now."
 

2ndblackjedi

New member
Sep 12, 2008
607
0
0
Marcus wasn't a big fan of using guns, but he decided that with everything going on, he might not have a choice. Besides the laptop alond would be worth the trip.

"Sounds like a good idea," Marcus said.
 

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
18,157
1
3
Country
UK
Roar had begun to wonder where Alex lived.

He asks "Just where exactly in which part of the city you lived in Alex? Depending on the distance it could be hard reaching there while remaining undetected."
 

AgentBJ09

New member
May 24, 2010
818
0
0
Scarim Coral said:
"Just where exactly in which part of the city you lived in Alex? Depending on the distance it could be hard reaching there while remaining undetected."
Alex thought about his reply for a minute. The NYSU's ex-student population didn't mind folks from nearby or out of town, since he'd seen some students bring in family before they departed. As he thought about it though, he was in the same situation. He was bringing friends before he himself departed, maybe for good.

"You know about New York Southern University, right? I've lived there since the Omega Event. It's not too far from where Marcus just mentioned." For a second, Alex thought to stop his sentence, but then remembered what he was talking to Jeffrey about the day before: If the techs at the university had fixed the television signals.

"In all honesty though, I think that should be as far as we go. There's been some success lately getting a TV signal hijacked there, and if they saw that report on us from yesterday, we're screwed."
 

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
5,141
0
0
Ultraman950 said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
Winterfrost frowned, hearing an unfamiliar voice at the other end of the line. Maybe this was the "new recruit" Phantom had mentioned?

"Hello, who is this?"
As lame as it sounds, Dawn wasn't entirely sure how to answer. "I'm Dawn, and Daniel can't come to the phone right now" just sounded inappropriate.

"Uh, I'm Dawn, and... Daniel can't come to the phone right now."
"I see." Winterfrost took a moment to think over her next words. "I understand you're the one Pha... Daniel picked up? I assume he asked you to... do something for us?"
 

Ultraman950

New member
Oct 17, 2010
742
0
0
"Um, not really... Well, he said we were gonna talk to some people he knows about a job. Are, uh, are you them?"
 

2ndblackjedi

New member
Sep 12, 2008
607
0
0
"Any chance the police or something could be near there?" Marcus asked. "There's more of them around now,"
 

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
5,141
0
0
Ultraman950 said:
"Um, not really... Well, he said we were gonna talk to some people he knows about a job. Are, uh, are you them?"
A sly smile spread across Winterfrost's face. "Why of course, my dear. As part of our organization, you will be... open to more opportunities you wouldn't get anywhere else. What would you like to know?"
 

Ultraman950

New member
Oct 17, 2010
742
0
0
It sounded just a tad too good to be true. It's not like she could do any worse, though. Why not?

"Um... well, if I work for you, will I get room and board? And what kinds of things would you want me to do?"
 

AgentBJ09

New member
May 24, 2010
818
0
0
2ndblackjedi said:
"Any chance the police or something could be near there?" Marcus asked. "There's more of them around now,"
"Doubtful." Alex replied without hesitation. "The campus is more or less independent and separatist from anything based in New York, and the last time I saw any police around was years ago."
 

2ndblackjedi

New member
Sep 12, 2008
607
0
0
"That'll make it easier to get in with being arrested...or worse," Marcus said as he grabbed a handful of cereal.
 

AgentBJ09

New member
May 24, 2010
818
0
0
2ndblackjedi said:
"That'll make it easier to get in with being arrested...or worse," Marcus said as he grabbed a handful of cereal.
"Maybe, but like I said, they may have succeeded in hijacking a TV signal since I left." Alex said, pouring another smaller portion of cereal for himself. "If you all want to head with me back to the campus, let me find out if anything has changed first. I was on campus when the news broke, so I'm in the clear with them."
 

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
5,141
0
0
AgentBJ09 said:
2ndblackjedi said:
"That'll make it easier to get in with being arrested...or worse," Marcus said as he grabbed a handful of cereal.
"Maybe, but like I said, they may have succeeded in hijacking a TV signal since I left." Alex said, pouring another smaller portion of cereal for himself. "If you all want to head with me back to the campus, let me find out if anything has changed first. I was on campus when the news broke, so I'm in the clear with them."
"Sounds good." Erica muttered thoughtfully. "I guess I'll come along, it's not like I have anywhere else to be..."

Ultraman950 said:
It sounded just a tad too good to be true. It's not like she could do any worse, though. Why not?

"Um... well, if I work for you, will I get room and board? And what kinds of things would you want me to do?"
"I'm afraid I can't give away too much over the phone," Winterfrost told her, "But you can ask Daniel, and he'll explain it to you. If you still feel up to it, tell him to take you down to the lower docks, where my associates will explain it for you. Sound good?"
 

Ultraman950

New member
Oct 17, 2010
742
0
0
Dawn nodded, then mentally hit herself for being dumb enough to nod at someone on the phone. "Yeah, I-I think I can do that. Thank you, miss."
 

AgentBJ09

New member
May 24, 2010
818
0
0
CrazyGirl17 said:
"Sounds good. I guess I'll come along, it's not like I have anywhere else to be..."
Alex wanted to respond to the comment, but bit his tongue on it and said nothing. He had no idea how true that statement could be, and it was better to not open his mouth and look like a moron if he was going to be the one leading the group very soon.

------------

As he turned off the water in the shower, Phantom was relieved to find out that his hangover was relaxing a bit, unless he was growing used to it instead. Reaching out from behind the blackout screen he had installed, he took one of the towels he had set out and wrapped his head and face in it. It was a maneuver others would have called stupid, but his powers, and by proxy his eyesight, made the opposite true.

Stepping out from the shower, he quickly dried himself off and slipped into some clean clothes, except a T-shirt. His eyesight had still not adjusted to the light, getting him to turn the bathroom lights off before he could remove the towel from his face. "Ugh. Hangovers, bah."

As he left the bathroom, he heard some talking coming from the kitchen.

Ultraman950 said:
"Yeah, I-I think I can do that. Thank you, miss."
Realizing he had left his phone out on the kitchen counter last night, he wondered who it was that Dawn had been speaking to. "Someone call?" he asked.