The Omega Generation (Looking for 1-2 Players. Read first post and PM your CS to the admins)

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
The Omega Generation- Superpower RP

Alright folks, I've decided to try my hand at one of these, and this is my very first RP, so just bear with me. And a big thanks to AgentBJ09 for helping me GM this thing, I don't think I could do it by myself.

The RP is about super-powered beings, based off some of my favorite TV shows and comic books, though I can guarantee that this RP will be different than the superpower RPs before it.

By the early-mid 21st Century, mankind has seemingly reached the pinnacle of technological advancement. Society had been raised to a high level of standards that was previously unheard of. Humanity came together and celebrated in their unity.
However, when one is so far up, this only means there is a long way to fall.
January 1st, 2020, was the day when the world was changed forever, on a day now known to history as "The Omega Event". A mysterious energy wave of unknown origin swept over the entire planet, changing everything in its path.
During the Event, nearly 75% of the world's population was killed, whether due to the disasters in the wake of the fallout, or due to the stress placed on their bodies from transformation caused by the energy. All of the plant and animal life was affected, but a good percentage of it was transformed, becoming larger, more powerful and hostile, and, in some cases, even more intelligent. As for the remainder of humanity, about half that number gained superhuman powers from the radiation. These people became known as "Omegas".
In the resulting chaos, many cities were laid to waste. In response to this, the government reacted swiftly, creating task forces to handle the situation. It took a long time, but in the end, peace was restored, at the cost of many personal freedoms. The lasting effects of the Omega Event was studied endlessly by the world's greatest minds, partially to try and figure out what caused it (without much success)? but mainly to find ways to control and contain those transformed by the energy.
In time, cities were rebuilt, but at the behest of big corporations, who saw fit to rebuild the cities the way they wanted to leaving sections of the big cities to rot under neglect and gang rule, while the upper class and the remnants of humanity sequestered themselves in their shining towers, looking down upon those they despised.
But now, 5 long years after the Omega Event, a ragtag bunch of super powered misfits will band together to face the cruel world around them, and unwittingly come across the very source of their strange abilities, and possibly even stopping another great disaster from taking place?

*Timeline of Important Events
-January 1st, 2020: The Omega Event hits the Earth, causing widespread destruction and mutations, and riots spring up almost immediately afterwards. Martial Law reigns over the world?s major cities, while smaller cities and many towns and villages across the globe are either totally destroyed or are taken over by super-powered gangs.
-March 5th, 2020: In China, chaos breaks out in Peking as a huge riot leads to much death and destruction.
-May 2020: The Middle East is ravaged after a series of escalating attacks by Omegas and humans alike on both sides rage out of control. The situation goes on for another year or so before beginning to slow down a bit.
-September 21st, 2020: The World Leaders meet to discuss the crisis, eventually deciding to abandon, and in some cases, even destroy the worst affected places.
-January 1st, 2021: After the so-called ?Year of Madness? work begins on rebuilding some of the damaged cities, despite the financial collapse, but not completely.
-February 20th, 2021: In the US, many laws are passed dealing with the super powered Omegas, but have to do with limiting their rights. Protests only lead to more violence.
-March 1st, 2021: The Department of Evolved Human Affairs is created in the states to handle Omega activity in the US, similar government groups are formed in other countries for the same purpose.
-October 3rd, 2021: An uprising attempt in Japan is put down by the government. By this point, Omegas have been drafted into the armies of various countries, but in segregated groups.
-April 2nd, 2022: A huge explosion rocks Moscow, but the source is unknown. Accounts are conflicting on whether it was an Omega's power that went out of control or a terrorist's bomb,or something else.
-September 9th, 2023: Upper New York City is finished with it?s renovations. The people living there celebrate, while the people in the Lower part of the city are left to suffer.
-January 1st 2025: The 5th Anniversary of The Omega Event is celebrated, but without much interest.
-June 20th, 2025: Summer in NYC, and unbeknownst to anyone, another great crisis is in it?s beginning stages?

*Nature
-Much of the plant and animal life on Earth was affected by the Omega Event, becoming more powerful and even intelligent, now essentially becoming a threat to humanity. Specialized government groups were formed in order to handle them, either capturing the evolved animals and transporting them to special places of study, or outright exterminate them, depending on the threat level. However, some Omega Life Forms (as they are known) have eluded capture. In the rebuilt cities, the more powerful Omega Life Forms have been removed from the city or dumped into the lower parts of the city, depending on the size and ferocity of the creature. And although increased intelligence has been a noted factor, there have been no signs of any human-level Omega Life Forms with human-level intelligence?so far.

*Power Levels- the level of power an Omega has, going from S to D (PC?s can't be S-Class)
(From Class levels A to D, PC's can have 1 or 2 powers, but each must follow the outlined main rules of each rank. Also, you must choose a class based on your overall power level, not rank each individualy.)
S-class - Someone who has total control of their powers and is capable of using them without restriction. Have up to three main powers.
A-class - Someone who has total control over their powers, but has a minor restriction of use. I.E., if something temporarily restricts the use of that power.
B-class - Someone who has control over their powers, but has a greater restriction placed on them. I.E., someone must use two hands instead of one to use their powers, or if disabled in some way is unable to use them.
C-class - Someone who has powers, but is not in full control of them and is severly restricted by some means. I.E., that person can control fire, but get them near a large gust and they're useless.
D-class - Someone whose powers can be fully disabled by multiple means, or who has little to no control over them. I.E., someone has the power to control wind, but that power flares up at random times, or becomes null when they're in water, underground, or unable to see.
*Terms referring to Omegas and Humans
Powered Beings- Homo Mutatis, Omegas, Gene Freaks, Deviant, Superhuman
Normal humans- Homo Sapiens, Humans, Sapien/Sapes, Normal/Normie, Baseline

1: NO GODMODING. I mean it. No one likes Godmoders, so please keep your abilities low key and nothing the level of say, Dr. Manhattan.
2: Respect the other players, for a less hostile game environment. We?ll all be happier that way.
3: No two people can have the same powers. That would be too confusing. Also, they must be sensible, and not some random bunch of abilities.
4: If you must drop out for whatever reason, please notify ahead of time. No one will think lesser of you.
5: Have fun!

Name: Your character?s name, and any nicknames they might have.
Code Name: Their superhero name, of course
Description: Age, eyes, hair, any tattoos/body piercing, ect.
Abilities: Basically, what they can do, as well as their power level (see above).
Weaknesses: What prevents them from using their abilities
Personality: What their character is like.
History: Any back story to their character, why they are the way they are, stuff like that.

And that's pretty much it. Have fun everyone!

EDIT: Restructured the Power Level list to make it less confusing. I'd like to give thanks to Hairminator for pointing out the problem, and to AgentBJ09 for restructuring the Power Levels for me.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Name: Erica Adanson
Code Name: Pixie
Description: About 18, with long brown hair and blue eyes, average body weight
Abilities: Can form claws/blades/ect. of pink crystal around her hands and lower arms, as well as shoot out sharp crystal needles; can also form pink energy wings and fly (Power Level: B Class)
Weaknesses: Sonic weaponry, is not really a team player, has a fear of really enclosed spaces
Personality: Having a rather cynical and jaded personality, Erica is bitter and sarcastic, prone to fits of rage, and at times, hard to get along with. Also, she's not much of a people person, preferring to be by herself. But she does have a caring side to her, and will stand up for those who can?t defend themselves, leading to a weird dichotomy in which Erica strongly dislikes people, but will still help them if they are in trouble. She strongly distrusts big corporations and other higher ups, which is not surprising, considering what she's been through.
History: Erica was only 13 years old at the time of the Omega Event, turning her life upside down. Most of her family was killed, and the remaining members shunned her after she developed super powers-not that she was close to them to begin with. She was forced to live on the streets, doing whatever she could to survive, and has developed a bit of an attitude due to the whole experience. Relatively recently, though, she has found herself helping take care of a group of human and Omega orphans, who have given her the nickname "Pixie" based on her powers. As such, Erica has begun to open up to people again, but she still has a long way to go...

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
CrazyGirl17 said:
-Referenced-
Character Sheet -

Name: Real Name - Alex Bismark / Aliases - Adal, Garm

Code Name: "The Blue Wolf"

Description: 25 years old, with a thin build, blond hair, and blue eyes. Often wears a denim jacket and jeans, a T-shirt, Aviators, skating shoes, and a pair of leather gloves.

Abilities: Matter Reshaping - Alex can take any object and reshape it into something else. However, he cannot affect properties of the item such as temperature, mass, weight, hardness, or scent. (Power Level - B)

Weaknesses: Alex's powers rely on the use of his hands; both of them must touch an object for him to reshape it. If this cannot happen, he is unable to use his ability on it.

Personality: Serious, calm, and logical. While very capable of making a joke and being open to others, Alex prefers to face daily life with a clear head and solid advice.

History: Alex was 20 when the Omega Event occurred. At the time, he was taking classes in college, and was unlucky enough to be outside when the event occurred. When he awoke from the ordeal, he quickly discovered that he had become one of the 'Omegas' when his hospital bed was reshaped as he was lying on it.

In the five years leading up to the present day, Alex has grown more independent through exploring parts of his rebuilt hometown of NYC and finding uses for his powers. His nickname, "Blue Wolf", was drawn from the color of his clothes and his commanding presence when dealing with friends and strangers.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
Against godmoding you say? In my experience, arranging classes only after powerfulness is basically asking for that (should anyone even choose a class under A).

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Jeez, there's a lot of superpower RP's on this sub-forum, a quick look through the top 3 pages revealed 5 RP's for characters with powers, not including any set in a fantasy world:

Removed by request of GM

Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing but out of interest how do you intend to make this RP different?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
JoJoDeathunter said:
Jeez, there's a lot of superpower RP's on this sub-forum, a quick look through the top 3 pages revealed 5 RP's for characters with powers, not including any set in a fantasy world:

Prey, Titans: Britain, Strain, Society of Justice 3, League of Sidekicks 2,

Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing but out of interest how do you intend to make this RP different?
Wel, I'm planning to make it like an unconventional game with few actual teams and lots of traveling outside the first city...

Well, maybe it's hard to make this different... but I can try to make it interesting...

The Hairminator said:
Against godmoding you say? In my experience, arranging classes only after powerfulness is basically asking for that (should anyone even choose a class under A).
Okay, any tips on how to avoid this?

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Name: Davoren Miles

Code Name: Ghost

Description: 19 year old Irish Boy. Flat Brown hair that goes to his neck at the back and hovers over his Hazel eyes at the the front. Wears Jogging Trousers and white shirts with a Vest Hoodie over it.

Abilities: Able to turn invisible at Will. Is able to turn completely invisible while wearing all his clothes. The invisibility acts as if he himself turned into a perfect glass sculpture and is therefore most effective when he is standing still. Power Level - B

Weaknesses: Is not physically fit, so can't run for long nor is he strong. His power is unusable if his skin is wet or stained, so he likes to wash regularly.

Personality: A fed up Irish bloke who wants to just get on with everything. Impatient and usually annoyed at the little things. The one thing that drives him is making himself better physically.

History: Being only 14 when the Omega event occurred, Davoren was with his parents. They did not survive the blast. He lived with a group of other Omegas, taking in the young for refuge, however the Refuge Holders used the children as slaves in order to do their bidding, holding them all at gun point and not even letting them change their clothes or wash. With the jobs they were told to do, they all became filthy fast, and their clothes began to resemble rags, some of which only supported by pieces of string or shoelace.

One year later, it rained and Davoren walked out and washed his body. When he came back in, no longer having dirt stained on his skin, he dried himself he discovered his power. Using his power he managed to kill the owners of the refuge and set everyone free. He never saw any of them again. Davoren then learnt more about his powers and controlled it greatly, learning to use it when he was wearing any clothing, understanding how it worked. He lived on the streets mainly, stealing from others. He eventually found shelter with a bartender named Pete who let him stay, offering him a home. Davoren has lived their ever since, helping out at the bar as a form of rent (mainly in Debt collection, thanks to his powers it was easy.) Pete gave him the Nickname Ghost

I think I did that right. Please feel free to point out if I did something wrong.

2ndblackjedi

Sep 12, 2008
Character Sheet

Name: Marcus Leroy Hawkins

Code Name: Flex

Description: 19 years old, Black, short hair, brown eyes

Abilities: Able to turn himself into a black amorphous living liquid. This gives Marcus the ability to stretch, melt, seep into small areas that would normally be inaccessible and grow extra limbs out of his body when in liquid form, such as an extra leg, arm or even wings, although he has never tried. Projectiles such as bullets pass through him when he is in liquid form and he can pull himself together if he is blown apart by an explosion. Also able to split into multiple liquid forms. (B Class)

Weaknesses: Low temperatures cause Marcus' body to become stiff and brittle. Being in liquid form for over 90 minutes or so causes dehydration. Also, splitting into multiple forms affects his ability to think clearly and once regrouped, it takes some time for his mind to think as one person rather than more than one.

Personality: Marcus tries to be as friendly as possible because he knows that having friends makes life alot easier than having enemies. He doesn't usually like to let people in and spends more time talking to the voices of his multiple selves in his head than real people. Marcus is fiercely loyal to close friends, but tries to keep his number of close friends to a minimum. Marcus dislikes and distrusts all forms of authority.

History: Marcus grew up in a crime filled neighbourhood. His father was one for the few that actually tried to raise their children. However, Marcus' father was killed by a stray bullet from a gang shoot-out on their street, leaving Marcus and his mother to fend for themselves. Money became tight and Marcus decided he had to do something to help his mother. He got involved in street crime and became the youngest drug dealer in his neighbourhood. He made up the nickname 'Flex' to hide his identity from investigators, they would hardly cast a glance at someone his age anyway, but he had to be sure. Marcus soon began to advance his 'career', taking part in various crimes. He managed to keep where he was getting money a secret from his mother, and thought that everything was going swell as this carried on for about a year. Until the Omega Event hit. The Event killed his mother and decimated his neighbourhood. Marcus was left without a family and 'friends' once the other members of his gang found out he had powers. His home was one of the parts of the world that hadn't been repaired leaving Marcus had to once again learn to fend for himself.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Okay, let's see here:

AgentBJ09, The_Great_Milenko, Jack and Calumon, 2ndBlackJedi, you're all in. iThinkCat gets a reserve spot.

I may shoot for at least 10, depending on the number of applications. However, it's going rather slow right now...

UPDATE: Scarim Coral's in, Xandus117 has a reservation.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
I'm making a sheet so I guess this is like asking for a reserve for a couple minutes :/ I'll edit the sheet into this post.
Name: Bridget Mingay
Code Name: Einfluss (eye-n-fluse)
Description: Bridget is 19.
Abilities: Can control others through physical contact. Her power can only be used on people who don't know much about her. If they are friends, or family her powers are useless. A class.
Weaknesses: If the target knows Bridget/Einfluss to much, she is unable to control or influence their mind
Personality: Bridget/Einfluss is a deceptive girl who hates the governmenta and wants revenge on whoever made her this way. She is perceptive and has little to no control over her emotions. She distrusts others but knows when she needs to make companions. She only does things for herself.
History: Bridget was 14 when the Omega Event happened. She had awoken on the street, unaware that anything was wrong. She returned home to see that her parents had commited suicide. Screaming, she ran out onto the street and to the corner of her block. She had hailed a street-car and didn't have money. Instead she planned on seducing the driver. As she touched his hand she though of how it would be if she had given him money, and he acted as if she paid fully for it. Astounded, she ran from the cab and for 5 years has been perfecting the art of her powers.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
2ndblackjedi said:
So do we all need to get Skype or something to do OOC communication with?
We can, and I have Skype for that very reason already.

So, everyone, if you want to get Skype for OOC character communication, feel free to do so. It works well, and it's a lot of fun. That said, observe the same rules in Skype as in here if you choose to do this. Also, make sure you state that you're part of this RP when sending notifications to others.

My Skype name is 'adam-kudamon'

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I intrested but I don't have Skype (I don't have microphone either). Also I already RP in another superhero thread (Teen Titans) so I not sure how commintted I will be. I want to join though since I want to use another character I didn't use for the other one. Anyway I working on the sheet right now and all I can say I called dip on a "sound" base super being.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
I intrested but I don't have Skype (I don't have microphone either). Also I already RP in another superhero thread (Teen Titans) so I not sure how commintted I will be. I want to join though since I want to use another character I didn't use for the other one. Anyway I working on the sheet right now and all I can say I called dip on a "sound" base super being.
OK.

You don't necessarily need a mic for Skype, though. It's mainly IM based, and the program is free, even when doing voice chats. That said, we don't have a sound based hero yet, so dibs on that are yours.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Name: Lloyd Zhen

Code Name: Roar

Description:
He is age 20.

Abilities: He is a class C powered being for possess a ability they nickname "Omega Voice" or "Sound Of Fear".
He emits a sonic roar that anyone who hears it will tremble in fear, temporary paralyze him/her. He can alter his roar so that his sound break stuff or just scare people (so far his roar has the same result to some of the alter animal but not all of them). This roar only affect those who are infront of him.
He is a class C because even when he speaks normally, he still inflicts fear for those who hear his voice (he never meant to) including whisper. The only way to speak without harming anyone who hears him wear a special mouth gear (sort of like the above image). The gear will open out when he use his roar and close when he stop. This way he can speak normally without putting anyone who hear him in fear.

Weaknesses: Although his mouth gear is benefiting him but it can be also his weakness. If something prevents the gear (rust, sticky gum or got tamper) to open up for his roar, he cannot use his roar at all.
Depend how much he roar, it will hurt his throat to the point he cannot continue at all. His emotion can affect his roar as well which mainly if he is angry, his roar will be dangerous (read his story).

Personality: He is quiet, calm and level headed. He never speak aloud (only does it when using his power) so he will speak in the same level voice. He views his power as a curse so he doesn't speak a lot. Despite of this, this makes him more observant to what he hears around himself. He doesn?t judge or accuse but will gather his thoughts and hear both size of an argument. Some would say he can be the voice of reason.

History: Before the omega effect, he was 15 and was from a rich family. When the omega event happens, it had destroyed their home.
His parent survives but they were now living in poverty (his father business was ruin due to his stock fall after the omega even). So he was living in a poor and noisy neighbourhood. His parent were now arguing and shouting all the time. The sound irritated him for a year until he cannot take it anymore. This is when he activates his power when he screams at his parent to shut up. His voice sound like a roar and it was so loud that it destroys the neighbourhood that he lived in, crumbling it to the ground.
He was one of the survivors (he accidently killed his parent) but was capture by the government. They locks up because even when he discovers his power, his voice had become scary when he speak. The government realise that his voice can be of their used when the alter animals had became a problem.
The scientist analysis and research on his ability and made him a mouth gear to wear. In the four years he had been send to places and act as a "Scarecrow" to all of the alter animals that would invade that place (this is to say not all animals were vicious). He is fed up with his role as the Scarecrow, feeling he has a better purpose in life.
What do you think?