The one thing you are sick and fucking tired of seeing on the internet.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Title says it all.

For me it's the "There goes my faith in humanity" or "Faith in humanity restored" shit you see in the News Room and stuff. Just because 1 guy is a douche or 1 guy is nice doesn't change the entire fucking world. Now I bet some of you will say "It's just a joke, dude". Well here's the thing, has anyone here honest to God laughed at or enjoyed seeing another one of these fucking comments (Ones with silly pictures not counted due to them not actually creating the content). You know, what a joke is supposed to make you do?

I like hyperbole and all, but come on. Your turn.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I hate those "I like my coffee like my women" jokes.

They're just... not funny.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
People actually laugh at comments on the Internet? I always thought it was just one of those cases where people go "Heh." and continue on with their lives. That all said, its not hilarious or anything, but you may be going a little over the top about all this.

On-topic: Probably some of the lack of originality in some threads. I get it, people like to talk about popular topics, but we don't need 10 threads on the same one. It may sound weird, but I miss the Search Bar Hounds that were here in 2009. They may have been annoying, but they kept the Forum clean of duplicate topics.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Portal references, definitely. For chrissakes, the cake wasn't even the funniest part! Whenever someone says... you know what... the game inches away from the status of Best Thing Ever. If I rule the world, the retarded, brain-dead Portal referencers will be the first ones with their necks to the chopping block. [/rant]

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Crap, you Ninja me.

Okay, I hate it that everywhere on this one site, someone...there is always that one person that says "Am I the only one who hate this?"

No. you are on a site in which everyone have to be cynical...you're just following the status quo.

Also, I hate the "Name one game in which you like but NOBODY/ knows about/like/" threads

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
JRPGs/Anime are nothing but weaboo shit that idiots only think they enjoy because they've never played a real game!

that or
JRPG's aren't RPGs

everytime I see a comment like that I die a little insinde, a little bit of my childhood slips away and I lose a little faith in (wait for it) Gamers and gaming in general.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
Tharwen said:

But what if you like it hot and black, and later half of it tossed behind a dumpster?

SimplyTheWest

Jan 6, 2009
Pretty much every type of '...ism', be it racism or sexism or any other type.
Or the other is sexist jokes, they are not funny to me, and they are just stupid really.

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
Triforceformer said:
Title says it all.

For me it's the "There goes my faith in humanity" or "Faith in humanity restored" shit you see in the News Room and stuff. Just because 1 guy is a douche or 1 guy is nice doesn't change the entire fucking world. Now I bet some of you will say "It's just a joke, dude". Well here's the thing, has anyone here honest to God laughed at or enjoyed seeing another one of these fucking comments (Ones with silly pictures not counted due to them not actually creating the content). You know, what a joke is supposed to make you do?

I like hyperbole and all, but come on. Your turn.
On this site: That. ^^

On the internet: Fucking Chuck Norris jokes.

They stopped being funny around 2006. So just shut up with them.

Stephen Proud

Aug 25, 2010
People bitching about stuff they see on the internet. Especially when it's a tiny little thing like hyperbole and they go on a full-on rant about it.

Whitenail

Sep 28, 2010
To me it's probably people who treat forums like their own personal blog and act like they're the be all and end all blogger of said blog (I CAN'T STAND THAT DAMN WORD, it sounds like the Martian word for a wet fart). For instance, let's say I had a pet...I'unno, Giraffe named Louis, if I were to bring up this giraffe in a post would I simply refer to it as Louis? Of course I wouldn't, Louis could be my mailman, it makes sense to precede it with "My super awesome pet giraffe" or some similar term...sorry, but it's an alarming trend I've noticed recently, coupled with people making bawww threads on alot of forums where it goes against the forum's grain and you can see what I mean.

Oh, and a...particular joyous activity in which participation requires you to abolish all thought about said joyous activity, never found "it" funny.

Edit: Oh yeah, and:

*Any kind of reference to faith in humanity (because normally it's in the context of "OMG TEH JONS BROTHERS GOT MUNEYZ FATH IN HUMNITY R LOOOOOST!!1!" or "A guy saved some kittens from a tree, +1 for faith in humanity")

*Devoted weaboos, nintendorks and fanboys that blatantly defend whatever franchise/s they adore with piss-weak arguments that basically scream "I have nothing better to do with my life"

*Kids running around claiming they're harbouring at least four different kinds of sexuality and five different social skill deficiencies (normally to cover the fact that they're socially inept virgins heaping around confusion and a desire to be recognised)

*Every dime-a-dozen youtube "celebrity" that throws every shred of dignity they have out the window to pump out samey, boring and pandering videos week after week for the benefit of their idiot subscribers

*Mega corporations attempting to cash in on web memes, terminology and icons (the corporations themselves, no troubles, and it would be rude to harbour prejudice against the hands that hypothetically feed us all in some way or another...it's just that one aspect that bugs me)

*People who either start arguments for the tiniest of disagreements or start them cold turkey with the intention of flame-baiting

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
TaboriHK said:
Tharwen said:

But what if you like it hot and black, and later half of it tossed behind a dumpster?
Because it's only a matter of months before that twisted variation of it is being quoted as an automatic, robotic response to the original "hot and black" punchline.

...although I admit your version made me laugh.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Youtube comments, I know that I can easily ignore them, but it'd be nice to find an actual intelligent post.

God that sort of thing just makes me lose faith in humanity, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one, just like I'm the only one who truly knows that JRPGS are a bunch of annoying weaboo crap.
The cake is a lie, I just lost the game, uh something sexist or racist...

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
*Insert current pop sensation here* sucks and is *Gay/Retarded/Opposite Gender/Ugly/Fake/Stupid* and should *Die/be Deported*

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Ditto on the faith in humanity.

Fuck that fills me with rage. Never has a phrase contained containing so much attention-seeking short-sighted ignorance been so frequently used.

Also, people not realizing difference of opinion, and trying to show that their favorite whatever is better. There is no quantifiable way that, for example, Half-Life is better or worse than CoD, and arguing makes everyone involved stupider. Quit it.