The Ones Who Knock

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
I must say that the ending of Breaking Bad is nothing worth writing home about, and definitely not worth spoiling. Because basically
nothing really happens. There's no ending to speak of, it has nothing to do with the stuff we saw in the first episode after the hiatus. How did he survive his cancer? How does everyone know he's Heisenberg while he's still not caught by the cops. Hell, how did he stay out of the police's hands in the first place? And most importantly; what the fuck was he doing with that huge machinegun in his trunk?!

No closure, no happenings, no nothing. It felt like an ending made to appease a corporate board, to make it so non-descriptive and open that they could still make some new seasons if they feel like it, just to get more money out of it.
/end rant
...Are you sure you saw the finale? Cause he sure as hell did something with that machine gun.

OT: this one made me laugh, loved the face in the window.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Teoes said:
I've known folks who purposely put 'Please give blood' stickers by their front doors to keep Jehovah's Witnesses at bay.
Really? My step-dad says that if you open the door while naked, they turn a most lovely shade of red and tell the other's to avoid that house. Personally, I'd just draw a pentagram on my door to keep them at bay.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Furioso said:
Cowabungaa said:
I must say that the ending of Breaking Bad is nothing worth writing home about, and definitely not worth spoiling. Because basically
nothing really happens. There's no ending to speak of, it has nothing to do with the stuff we saw in the first episode after the hiatus. How did he survive his cancer? How does everyone know he's Heisenberg while he's still not caught by the cops. Hell, how did he stay out of the police's hands in the first place? And most importantly; what the fuck was he doing with that huge machinegun in his trunk?!

No closure, no happenings, no nothing. It felt like an ending made to appease a corporate board, to make it so non-descriptive and open that they could still make some new seasons if they feel like it, just to get more money out of it.
/end rant
...Are you sure you saw the finale? Cause he sure as hell did something with that machine gun.

OT: this one made me laugh, loved the face in the window.
Wait, the last episode was this weekend, not the previous one?! So there's an episode 16?

Ahahahahaha... Better go watch it then. Still, at least my critique on the last season as a whole stands. It was so sadly rushed.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I found a pretty good technique to get door spammers to go away. I tell them I'm in the middle of doing chores but they can come in and talk while I do them, and they get totally excited.

Then when they get inside I start cleaning a gun and not paying attention to them at all.

Usually they let themselves out.

iamjonah

Feb 19, 2010
The end of Breaking Bad was good - but that alien invasion at the end was a bit out of left field.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
You ever get SO lonely that... well come on in Jehovah's... let's have a chat!!

Great comic, I want to watch breaking Bad but it's so many seasons already and where would I find the time?

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
I almost wish they'd visit sometimes. I am ever so lonely.

Although I doubt they will. Not after last year, when they held a bit of a Mormon get-together in town. On May Day. They looked rather frightened.

Remember, if spoilers and all else fails, Culture Clash.

http://rsgoteborg.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/fronten.jpg

"Paul..? I won't lie. I'm scared now."

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Be glad I'm not the door-to-door type, for I do not have the slightest interest in that show. Actually, I'm glad it's done because people will (hopefully) shut up about it soon.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Wouldn't work on me. I don't watch TV and don't give a shit about anything on it.

Ace O'Hagen

May 28, 2013
JaceArveduin said:
Teoes said:
I've known folks who purposely put 'Please give blood' stickers by their front doors to keep Jehovah's Witnesses at bay.
Really? My step-dad says that if you open the door while naked, they turn a most lovely shade of red and tell the other's to avoid that house. Personally, I'd just draw a pentagram on my door to keep them at bay.
you're step-dad's right. they won't even leave me a copy of the watchtower anymore

thethird0611

Feb 19, 2011
That face in the window... Im not entirely sure what to think of it...

Seems like a creative way to get rid of soliciters though, kinda like trying to sell something back to telemarketers.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
iamjonah said:
The end of Breaking Bad was good - but that alien invasion at the end was a bit out of left field.
My favorite part was Walt taking Jesse to the petting zoo and telling him, "You are really my son, that's why I'm so hard on you."

It was a nice moment right before the Aliens destroyed the meth lab. But it does make me think that Walt knew the aliens were coming.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
JaceArveduin said:
Teoes said:
Sounds like a reverse Devil Trap to me. Genius.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
I actually have a pagan god shrine in my front yard. Keeps the solicitors away out of fear of black magic.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
I'm not even mildly interested in Breaking Bad - but I still watched the last episode, to use as ammo against my friends in our daily spoiler-war.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
iamjonah said:

That just to open it up for a Saints Row crossover later. They're going to bring out new DLC for the game and a new show that will correspond with each other story wise.

Turns out 'angel dust' was just meth all along.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
canadamus_prime said:
I've got to try that. I wonder if it works on other kinds of solicitors.
'invite them in! it always puts them off balance and frightens the crap out of them.'

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
MinionJoe said:
Farther than stars said:
I'm sure it is. Does your friend really believe in Celtic Neopaganism?
Yup! Started a local group/grove, has a household shrine, and everything.
That's pretty cool actually. My ex-gf was a Hellenistic Neopagan but she never found anyone else close enough in her area to set up a group or meet anyone in person, it was always just talking online.