The Ones Who Knock

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
MinionJoe said:
A very fascinating perspective. Personally, I have always seen the shift towards monotheism as being a manifestation of a more philosophical approach to spirituality, where the discourse of ideas, such as those of Kant and Spinoza, have more weight than any practical consequences of religion. Comparatively, polytheistic paganism was born from such ideas as Thor creating thunder with his hammer.
But I will admit that the success of the Abrahamic beliefs has something to do with their sociological propensity. After all, a religion that tells you that threatens you with hell is going to be more awe-inspiring, and thus more likely to keep you in line with that religion, than the more dualistic nature between man and god of pagan religions.

Anyway, you touched upon another interesting subject.

MinionJoe said:
(thank you, automobile!)
Lately there has been a debate about the declining of the auto industry in Western countries. Some people put this down to the fact that people can now more easily converse with one-another on the internet, so that it is no longer necessary to travel to discover other world views. Do you have any opinions on this?

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
I think we all been watching a different ending ov Breaking Bad cause I remember something about a cookie factory that was filled with sentient cookies.