The Ones Who Knock

Ninmecu

May 31, 2011
I'll admit, it gave me a chuckle. If I hadn't seen the episode a few hours post air, I'd likely do the same, were I a god fearing man.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
You forgot to add in "Game of Thrones" spoilers.

Also I cannot imagine the endless rivers of tears that will spawn when the TV show ends.

It will be a feels-apocalypse.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I got a laugh to and am yet to watch any Breaking Bad. Yay, I'm going to have a great time avoiding spoilers when awbody else has seen and is discussing it!

I've known folks who purposely put 'Please give blood' stickers by their front doors to keep Jehovah's Witnesses at bay.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Heh.

Mind you, apparently orb spiders work as well. In that my mum heard Mormons come up to the house, and decide not to continue, citing the spiders as a reason.

Jan 12, 2012
Truly, Satan dwells within that house.
Akisa said:
Is it a bad sign that I've never heard of breaking bad?
Never heard of it at all? I'm not sure if "bad sign" is the right term. "Impressively oblivious", maybe. Where do you live?

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Fun (/arbitrary) fact: I actually know a Jehovah's Witness named Paul.

Akisa said:
Normally anyone would be forgiven, but in your case, with 386 posts on the Escapist... Yes, it is a problem.

MinionJoe said:
Avoidant.

My housemate always invites them in, offers them tea, and explains neo-Celtic paganism to them.

It's fun to watch.

:)
I'm sure it is. Does your friend really believe in Celtic Neopaganism?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Brilliant! Though to be honest...

thaluikhain said:
Heh.

Mind you, apparently orb spiders work as well. In that my mum heard Mormons come up to the house, and decide not to continue, citing the spiders as a reason.
The concept of guard-spiders is both terrifying and ingenious. The house I grew up in used to have a similar defense...evidently there was a wasp nest somewhere in the wall right behind our doorbell...because every time someone rang it 3 or 4 of the angry buggers would fly out from a crack in the wall and harass whoever was standing on our porch.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Truly, Satan dwells within that house.
Akisa said:
Never heard of it at all? I'm not sure if "bad sign" is the right term. "Impressively oblivious", maybe. Where do you live?
A place with internet. He probably doesn't visit 9GAG. I live in South Africa and literally only heard about it on 9gag.

OT: LOVE Erin's "No, Mr.Bond, I expect you to play Superman 64" face

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009

That said, that sign wouldn't stop me I've already ruined the whole show for myself without seeing more than three pictures of it. :D

I do like Erin's expression, though.

Also, I'm disappointed by the lack of excellent tags.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I must say that the ending of Breaking Bad is nothing worth writing home about, and definitely not worth spoiling. Because basically
nothing really happens. There's no ending to speak of, it has nothing to do with the stuff we saw in the first episode after the hiatus. How did he survive his cancer? How does everyone know he's Heisenberg while he's still not caught by the cops. Hell, how did he stay out of the police's hands in the first place? And most importantly; what the fuck was he doing with that huge machinegun in his trunk?!

No closure, no happenings, no nothing. It felt like an ending made to appease a corporate board, to make it so non-descriptive and open that they could still make some new seasons if they feel like it, just to get more money out of it.
/end rant

Shame such a good show had such a rushed final season and such a disappointing final episode.
MinionJoe said:
Avoidant.

My housemate always invites them in, offers them tea, and explains neo-Celtic paganism to them.

It's fun to watch.

:)
We once turned up a game of Unreal Tournament 99 real loud when some Jehova's came a-knocking. The faces they made while hearing extremely loud cries of HEADSHOOOT and MULTI KIIILL were so damn worth it.

And a family friend of my partner's parents once told us he had some original Adolf Hitler speeches on old records in his record collection. I suggested he'd put those on when Jehova's would come by his door as they're rather rife in that area. There were enough laughs that I wouldn't be surprised if he'd actually try it.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
It's funny, my folks and I have recently started watching Breaking Bad. We're about halfway through the second season at the moment and holy shit it's so good. How the hell did I miss this for so long??