The PC Master Race Appears to Have a New Anthem

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
I thought it was great. I think a lot of people take offense to it too easily.

I was listening to it at work and on the part in the beginning "just master race things..." I had to explain to coworkers that it wasn't what they thought it was about.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Scrythe said:
09philj said:
How did an insult created by ZP become the banner for PC gamers?
Basic cycle of using an insult as an "ironic" self-descriptor until it sticks.

See also: neo-pagans calling themselves "heathens".
What do you mean? City people calling themselves heathens?

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
After reading through all the whiny and bitchy negative reactions to the video, I think I need a drink of water.

Someone should warn the slugs to stay away.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
09philj said:
How did an insult created by ZP become the banner for PC gamers?
its a concept called "Taking back the term". Black people often use this to excuse their excessive usage of word "******" when they at the same time chastise any white person that uses the term.

Yahtzee also has change heart and now agrees with PCMR
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/extra-punctuation/10350-The-Glorious-PC-Gaming-Master-Race

SKBPinkie said:
Yay for defining ourselves based on what we own!!

And no, I'm not what these sacks of shit refer to as a console "peasant". I have a gaming PC, too.

And yes, I'm mad. I understand that many folks use the term ironically. It doesn't change the fact that the phrase needs to die a painful death. It's not funny, never was, and based on how frequently it's brought up, it never will be.

It's just cringe-inducing, dim-witted, moronic garbage.
Its not supposed to be funny. PC is superior platform.

iseko said:
myea, one advantage of having bad eyesight I guess. For me it depends. 32 inch 1080p is quite horrid looking. I've got a quad HD 25 inch screen. Very smooth for the eyes. Installing quad HD on a 5 inch screen (smartphones) is dumb tho. 1080p on a 5 inch screen is already more the 300ppi. Someone with 20/20 vision supposedly can't see the pixels anymore at such density.
Two things to consider:
1. You keep your smartphone MUCH closer to your eyes than your TV, so much higher PPI is required for same density.
2. while 20/20 is considers the perfect vision, research shows that majority of people have better vision and only degrade to that in their 40s and 50s.

Aiddon said:
even if this is supposed to be funny, it really isn't. I think we swiftly need to find another term for "PC Master Race" as due to people co-opting it "ironically" it's lost a lot of its original sting.
the term is perfectly fine. there is no need to take over terms when you dont like them.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
All it does is fueling people's ego's who take this all too seriously. And since alot of peope are idiots, well there's your answer.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Meh, I sat lets Yatsee create the anthen since he unintentionally created the meme in the first place of if he can't be arse then let Miricle of Sound or that other lady musicians (sorry I forgot her name) that was on here make the anthen instead!