The PC Master Race Appears to Have a New Anthem

iseko

Dec 4, 2008
Xan Krieger said:
1080 too small? That's my standard and I'm a PC gamer, guess with my bad eyes resolution doesn't matter much to me.
myea, one advantage of having bad eyesight I guess. For me it depends. 32 inch 1080p is quite horrid looking. I've got a quad HD 25 inch screen. Very smooth for the eyes. Installing quad HD on a 5 inch screen (smartphones) is dumb tho. 1080p on a 5 inch screen is already more the 300ppi. Someone with 20/20 vision supposedly can't see the pixels anymore at such density.

Adding anything more then just becomes a dick waving contest.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
DonTsetsi said:
I think Flashgitz did it better:

For the record, I game on a PC...
DAMNIT I was gonna post that. well I'm gonna post the previous two and complete the triforce.

Xbox One
PS4

As for the song, meh; wasn't anything note worthy.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Well I still think this is a more fitting theme for the so called "master race". Really manages to sum up every console vs. PC discussion and ever "post rigz" thread inside twenty seconds, thus saving you the trouble of ever reading or participating in said time wasting sanity abrasives.
Listen to that while slamming your head in a car door and you can exactly replicate the sensation of spending more than 30 seconds on r/pcmasterrace.

The fact that things actually kept getting more and more petty after the absurd 16-bit console wars is just a profound source of headesk for me.

Gatlank

Aug 26, 2014
major_chaos said:
Listen to that while slamming your head in a car door and you can exactly replicate the sensation of spending more than 30 seconds on r/pcmasterrace.
Dont hate us because of our beautiful rigs.
On another note your post is the reason pcmasterrace will never die. The amount of hate (including attention) it gets is so enormous and mindbogling unreasonable that people keep using it just to see the salt flow.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
...well, of all the people who would do something like this, Dan Bull was pretty low on my list...
Good on him, I guess?

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
ron1n said:
SKBPinkie said:
Yay for defining ourselves based on what we own!!

And no, I'm not what these sacks of shit refer to as a console "peasant". I have a gaming PC, too.

And yes, I'm mad. I understand that many folks use the term ironically. It doesn't change the fact that the phrase needs to die a painful death. It's not funny, never was, and based on how frequently it's brought up, it never will be.

It's just cringe-inducing, dim-witted, moronic garbage.
For anyone wondering why PC Master Race is still a thing, this ^ right here. Between rational people, it's a fun bit of banter. When you come across overly sensitive people like this, it's even more hilarious on account of the level of salt.

Although I will say that while I've never known anyone that actually thinks less of people because of what gaming device they use, there is a very real disdain amongst PC gamers toward the consoles themselves and the companies behind them. Mostly due to the horrid ports, the holding back of game quality and certain negative features that have become commonplace due to console circulation.

edit: Oh and that song is hilarious. Second version is definitely the winner.
Not sure you read my post properly. I don't care that people use it ironically. It still isn't funny. It's a lame attempt at humor. It's just as bad, if not worse than a lazy meme.

Also, "salt"? Really? Okay, then.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
SKBPinkie said:
ron1n said:
SKBPinkie said:
Yay for defining ourselves based on what we own!!

And no, I'm not what these sacks of shit refer to as a console "peasant". I have a gaming PC, too.

And yes, I'm mad. I understand that many folks use the term ironically. It doesn't change the fact that the phrase needs to die a painful death. It's not funny, never was, and based on how frequently it's brought up, it never will be.

It's just cringe-inducing, dim-witted, moronic garbage.
For anyone wondering why PC Master Race is still a thing, this ^ right here. Between rational people, it's a fun bit of banter. When you come across overly sensitive people like this, it's even more hilarious on account of the level of salt.

Although I will say that while I've never known anyone that actually thinks less of people because of what gaming device they use, there is a very real disdain amongst PC gamers toward the consoles themselves and the companies behind them. Mostly due to the horrid ports, the holding back of game quality and certain negative features that have become commonplace due to console circulation.

edit: Oh and that song is hilarious. Second version is definitely the winner.
Pretty much this. Im the only pc gamer in my friends group, and we just have a laugh with it. Its when ppl start taking it too cereal and acting like your talking shit about their fave team........... the salt does flow hard. Does not matter wtf you play on but facts are facts. pros and cons for both but mostly pros for pc. Find it funny ppl still use the old "yeh but consoles are just plug and play, i dont have to dick around with drivers and updating shit and i dont have to spend like over £1000 just to play a few games"

Caramel Frappe said:
Eh ... I have a Xbox One and PC ... both have their uses. PCs got the sick modding community, but the Xbox One / PS4 / consoles have hardly any bending over to do, since PCs tend to make you slave over getting games to function (or just stable enough to run). Like it really depends on your PC too, because the average PC isn't meant for running games like The Witcher 3 so you need to blow money to run one game perfectly fine while the Xbox One (although less quality applied) can manage perfectly.

So again it depends on what you're willing to do, or what games you want. People bought the PS4 just to play Bloodborne and all.
I really dont understand this. Never have i had to dick around or know of anyone to "bend over" to get a game to work "stable". If you have an average pc from a store then yes, but other wise que ? My current pc build is older then the consoles but still out performs them. I might not be able to run witcher 3 on super high graphics but it will looks just as good if not abit better on my pc then it does on my mates xbox one.

sjard

Mar 21, 2008
09philj said:
How did an insult created by ZP become the banner for PC gamers?
Considering the term PC Master Race is much older than ZP? I've been hearing it used since the late 80s on places like Compuserve. It wasn't meant as an insult originally. Which doesn't make it a stupid term.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Does this mean I'm have to 'tolerate' more morons bitching about shit that doesn't really matter as much as they think it does?

Cause I'm really all out of tolerance for morons whining about stupid shit.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
That blood song is catchy. Not exactly fantastic but bloody catchy.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
LetalisK said:
Wow. That song is not just funny, but actually really good. You know, I like that whole rap lyrics against a dubstep or some other EDM background motif. Can anyone recommend more songs like that? Mash ups doing that work too.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1hkAIJnb2CSmm7SPJaPR-A

Here is a good start. Yes, its the same creator from that PC Master Race.

It reminds me, the first video I saw of him was..

and I never really thought of him until this PC Master Race video came up. Despite my previous sarcastic post in this thread, I'm pleasantly surprised that Dan Bull is still around, continuing to do what he does.

Now that I've found his channel with collection of 5+ years of material, its down the rabbit hole I go.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Xan Krieger said:
1080 too small? That's my standard and I'm a PC gamer, guess with my bad eyes resolution doesn't matter much to me.
Yeah, thats a bit of a thing. you basically have two options for PC gaming blistering 120-144FPS@1080-1440 Frame rates or 60>FPS at 4K-5K, unless you're willing to dump £5,000+ into the GPUs and monitors that can handle both.

Personally I come down on the frame rate side.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
I did not laugh, I wasn't even amused in fact, after listening to the song. Furthermore my ears were ringing from all the crappy music and ridiculous lyrics.

This anthem can go right back to faqqing someone else's face.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
WonkyWarmaiden said:
This is yet another awesome Dan Bull rap. How can some of you not see the obvious joking tone of this whole thing?
He's the feller who did the theme tune for NerdCubed, isn't he?

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
even if this is supposed to be funny, it really isn't. I think we swiftly need to find another term for "PC Master Race" as due to people co-opting it "ironically" it's lost a lot of its original sting.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't a recent Zero Punctuation show the PC master race character now looking like a complete nerd? A much more overt stab at the culture than the ironic Fabioesque original?

Mashed

Sep 14, 2015
Hey all, Mashed here (we made the video with Dan Bull, as well as the Console Wars ones with Flashgitz mentioned earlier in the thread). Just wanted to say we're glad that people here are enjoying our content!