The peope in GTA Online are horrible!

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
Roofstone said:
trty00 said:
Welcome to GTA, where griefing rules all. You can't honestly say you're shocked that a game series all about mayhem actually has chaotic players, can you?.
Well actually, in GTA IV this was much less a problem. People often just drove along with each other or did stuff together.

I was surprised how much less V has of this. I expected there to be more rude folk of course, 13 million people and so on. But not this much. Guess that is naive, internett and all that. But gosh damn it I had a dream! :|
I have to say that you must of been playing in nicer servers than I did in GTA 4. When I played with a friend most of the time we would just ride together, but anytime other players joined in 70% of the time they would just start shooting each other. This got extra annoying when the spawn was set to near spawn, so you would kill a guy who was trying to kill you then he would spawn a block over with only his pistol and try to kill you again. What was worse is that if you let him kill you, you would spawn nearby with only a pistol and he would just keep killing you until you could get away. The worst thing is this was a common occurrence with random players for me in GTA 4.
GTA 5 on the other hand, I still can connect to (Cloud servers fun time!) so I haven't really seen any of that. My friend who did connect said people seemed a bit less "Randomly shoot every other player" than 4 but maybe that was just him.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Console gamers, nay - denizens of the entire online gaming commmunity, already famous for their aggressive cocktankery, being horrible people in Grand Theft Auto?

Who the fuck'd have thunk it?

I don't think I'm being cynical. I genuinely don't understand why you're at all surprised by this. It's a completely anonymous open world filled with guns, vehicles and a total lack of consequences. It sounds like a rip-roaring good time to me.

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
Maybe Rockstar should take a hint from real life. Consequences.

Real life criminal games are brutal, but even they have lines they don't cross - temporary lines; but lines nonetheless. You do not piss off a made-man. Why? Because his people will come after you and everyone related to you.

To take it a step further, things only deteriorate into all out war when things can't be settled "peacefully". Mafia heads will no doubt try to talk it over with each other and negotiate a compensation scheme before escalating things because all parties know a war will only weaken them.

In game I suppose it's hard to take revenge when the person can just "disappear" by not logging on. IMHO, this is why they should include destructible player owned property. So even if the perp isn't online, you can still wreck him.

Note: I have never been a GTA fan, so I don't play these games including GTA V. If I got something wrong ... well ...

elvor0 said:
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
High school bullies get the same rush from beating up nerds for their lunch money.

Go ahead with the "Video Games vs. Real Life" speech, fact is from my perspective, you're bullying those people.

People like you are why we can't have nice things.
Not the same. You don't have a choice in real life. Not that I grief people like the guy you quoted does, but if you CHOOSE to play on a pvp server, thems the breaks. It is highly likely you will get butchered by high level players, because they can and will.

People who moan about that sort of stuff ruined the absolutely fantastic Zombie event in WoW before Wrath of the Lich King, it was the best Zombie survival game that ever existed bar none.
GTA V online doesn't have PVE server to my knowledge. Passive mode seem to be easily bypassed.

Thr33X

Aug 23, 2013
deadish said:
Maybe Rockstar should take a hint from real life. Consequences.
I just thought of a good one. You kill someone in passive mode then YOU have to pay their medical bill, since you decided you want to attack someone who can't properly defend themselves. That'll quiet griefers real quick, lol.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
The more popular a game is the more awful people you will run into. Its just math. More people=more shitty people.

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
Frankly, I'd be more disappointed if GTA Online didn't have people trying to kill you at every step.

You are playing as a criminal in a world full of other criminals. Why in all that is logical would you expect ANYONE to play nice?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
All online communities are horrible. People really need this drilled into their head. Not one online community is good.

Haxxident

Jun 9, 2010
People will always look for the competition in games, it is to be expected, the bad player system is a little bad in GTA though, it can be worked to punish the innocent and reward the guilty, what can you expect from a game on crime?

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Yup easily one of the worse player bases in ANY online game I have ever played. The kill or be killed attitude I can understand it is GTA after all but it's the relentless abuse, comments and nonsense that people spout over the microphones. Seriously can someone take all the under 18s playing this game to one side and tell them that calling everyone a n*gger does not make them sound cool or grown up, and while we are there tell them that if they open fire one me first and then get their arse handed back to them, several times, then instead of shouting abuse at me through the microphone perhaps saying sorry for opening fire and calling a truce may get them further.

It's bad that when entering a sever the thought of just auto muting everyone comes to mind but really their are far too many people talking far to much shit on GTA servers.