The Perfect Non-Gamer Girl

bravetoaster

Oct 7, 2009
RatherDull said:
I think this idea that guys want girl gamers comes from the fact that, when it comes to most people, either you love gaming or you detest it. I have yet to meet a person who has an opinion other than love it, hate it or paid no mind. The lattermost option is very uncharted territory and you don't really know how they're going to react.

And I don't think most people could have a spouse who detests their greatest passion. (I actually know a few people who got married to someone who hates their one passion. It's actually quite a sad sight to see when someone's spouse tries their best to push their passions away. Eventually leading them towards becoming everyone else.)
I think you're painting the entire gaming community with too broad of a brush. I enjoy gaming, but it's not my greatest passion, favorite thing in the world, or even the most consistently-rewarding hobby or interest, to me. That said, if your spouse hates the things you enjoy, that's probably a lousy match.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
hope you have a nice wedding, here?s hoping it will last at least 10 years.

Anyway yeah I can see what you mean, different voices from different places are always good its why the industry should be more open.

Dr.Panties

Dec 30, 2010
So, how about paper plates, eh? Pretty convenient things, aren't they? Those paper plates?

But...which ones could possibly rated as the best, both in terms of function and form, not to mention good old-fashioned value for money?

Say, in this day and age, one could certainly cut down on domestic duties by just purchasing a set amount of paper plates every week. I'm sure people have already had such a scathingly brilliant idea. And then they probably remembered the environment. Uh-oh! One certainly wouldn't want their day of days associated with environmental destruction, would they? One shudders to think! Whither the romance in such a barbaric notion?

Which leads me to a most pertinent question: are the paper plates you have chosen for your upcoming nuptials both 100% recycled AND recyclable? I do hope so...

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Best of luck to you and Danielle!

This was an interesting read. I think it's down to your spouses personality, Danielle seems very open minded and lets you have your own hobbies whist she has hers. That's a good foundation for a relationship, you can find things out about each others hobbies and that's interesting.
I know a few couples who are intolerant of each others spare time activities. If it's "You're NOT watching that bloody football tonight/playing on that damn Xbox all night!" it's "I don't care if you miss Eastenders, I'm sick of watching it!" and they never work out.
If you try have that control over your partner, it's going to fail. You've got to let them do what they want as long as they don't take the piss with it.

My first serious boyfriend and I got to the point where all we did was game ;_; he loved the novelty of "I've got a gaming girlfriend, hur hur look how boss I am" this was a few years ago when people were STILL amazed at this fact. It got boring and frustrating and quickly ended us.

My boyfriend and I game together, as I have done with all my boyfriends. There's always a game of theirs I enjoy playing with them, and some I don't. Tried playing COD once and it didn't work. We don't say "We MUST play together! you MUST play this game with me!!!" it's more "Bored? Me too. Wanna play Tekken?" it's no different to us going for a walk or going to the cinema, it's just something we enjoy doing together but can do apart as well.

Robert Rath

Oct 8, 2010
Dr.Panties said:
So, how about paper plates, eh? Pretty convenient things, aren't they? Those paper plates?

But...which ones could possibly rated as the best, both in terms of function and form, not to mention good old-fashioned value for money?

Say, in this day and age, one could certainly cut down on domestic duties by just purchasing a set amount of paper plates every week. I'm sure people have already had such a scathingly brilliant idea. And then they probably remembered the environment. Uh-oh! One certainly wouldn't want their day of days associated with environmental destruction, would they? One shudders to think! Whither the romance in such a barbaric notion?

Which leads me to a most pertinent question: are the paper plates you have chosen for your upcoming nuptials both 100% recycled AND recyclable? I do hope so...
Good question - yes they are! In fact, a lot of the conversation centered around finding the right recycled, biodegradable paper plates. When you go with something that can be composted, though, it sometimes limits the type, color, and strength of the plates, and since we're serving a Texas BBQ buffet we need something that can stand up to fairly decent weight as well as not go too soft from the sauce. The good news is that we found out the standard Chinet paper plates people often get already are made from 100% pre-consumer recycled material, plus the Classic White and Casuals versions are biodegradable.

We also got some great utensils made from wood rather than using plastic ones. Had to pay a bit extra for those, but since multiple members of my family (including me) have worked in ocean conservation we all feel like it's worth it.

Gunjester

Mar 31, 2010
I'm the same with my girlfriend, we like each other as people and have outsider opinions on each others hobbies and interests. Granted, because we admire each other we move closer and closer in interests and have effects on each other, namely that she's becoming more and more nerdy where as I'm becoming less and less....how would I put it? My opinions are less enslaved to those I read on the internet.

As for wedding, the thing we agree on is we both like medieval times, magic, stories and specifically a Knight-and-Princess romance, so when we discussed ideas of what our possible wedding would be, we thought of more traditional with those things in mind, while still maintaining the modern wedding style.

Candle wax-sealed invitations, hosting in the old part of the city, I'd dress in a military-style suit and she in a longer white gown, maybe a knight and princess on the cake instead of bride and groom and so forth.