The Presidents of the United States of America Rock the New PokeRap

Phantomess

Sep 19, 2009
... I sat here and dredged up the memory of the final verse. I now have it in my head. Well played, Mr. Funk. Well played.

But a new pokerap? Sounds cool. But consider how many episodes you'd need to get through the ENTIRE roster!

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Oh... I was disappointed when I realised you were'nt talking about Barack Obama.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
At first I thought this was about the ACTUAL presidents of the United States singing a fan-made Poke-rap. Now I am sad. =(

As for the song, its catchy. I'm not really sure if it's good, but it's catchy as all hell. Oh, the song's chorus describes perfectly why I don't play the Pokemon games: "Can't stop catching them all! Can't stop catching them all! Can't stop catching them all!", ad nauseum.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
That's not a Pokerap!

Hell, Charlie the Unicorn 3 had a better pokerap in it, and it didn't even have Pokemon!

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Very misleading article title. Was expecting Barack Bill and what ever the that twits name was in the last US administration

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Holy crap! The Presidents of the United States of America are still around? Hell yeah!

Too bad the song is a little on the "meh" side. But I think that's because I don't remember a single one of those pokemon. I think I heard Charmander somewhere but... :p

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
PUSA and Pokemon together is like Cream Cheese and Peanut Butter. A thing that never should have been together but only because the divine creator has a sense of humor does it actually exist.

But really... It makes sense. Their style of songwriting and VERY commonly a grunge-rock jabber relating nature to the human experience straight from Seattle. If you think about it, it was only a matter of time. Mind-blown.

Also, to defend the lyrics for a second. About the comment on Galvantula, I think that PUSA's line the most apt comment they could have made about it. Galvantula's most dominant feature is that it is an Electric/Bug! Such an awesome typing!

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
This song is AWESOME. What a perfectly adorable thing to release the game with.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
Oh. Meh.
I thought Obama was doing something video game related, so I can give a middle finger to those arses that want to stop video gaming.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Wait....The Presidents of the United States of America is an actual band? When I saw the title of this news post, I thought it was about a bunch of guys dressed up like famous US presidents and singing about Pokémon.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
great title XD here i was expecting Obama to pokerap! i would pay money for that XD {plural be damned!}

Yeah further proof that the original 150 pokemon are the best .<

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
The Presidents are amazing! Philistines!

Outside of Lump and Peaches, there was this great cover [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAiGd9nTGmM], being chased by 30 foot Smurfs [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHPkLuVBQ1Y] (well, 'smirks', but I prefer 'Smurfs').

And then there's just being nice [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf-wlvo8vak]. :)

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Pft, I bet I could name all 649 Pokemon without help!

It would take a while though.

Also, "Braviary is not afraid" immediately brought Lenny Bruce to mind.

Edit: I too, thought that several presidents of America came together to sing about Pokemon. My dreams were shattered.