The Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Trailer Is All Class

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
The Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Trailer Is All Class

The latest spin on the zombie genre brings all the class and kicks all the ass.

It's been nearly a week since the trailer for a zombie movie has dropped, which could only mean that the trailer for another zombie movie was imminent. As such, we present the trailer for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, an upcoming zombie movie based on Seth Grahame-Smith's 2009 parody novel of Jane Austen's 1813 novel.

Set in an alternate reality wherein a woman's worth is defined not by her etiquette, but by her ability to properly decapitate a member of the undead, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is most certainly a zombie movie, with the added bonus of having British accents and fancy wigs and such. So if your insatiable appetite for zombie movies isn't cured by next weekend's zombie movie, A Scout's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, then you'll have to wait until February to get your fill.

Or you know, catch one of the 1400 zombie movies that come out between now and then.

I kid, I kid. In all reality, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies looks like a fun enough entry in the zombie canon, and it also boasts both Tywin and Cersei Lannister. It will inevitably draw some comparisons to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter -- which was also based on a mashup novel by Grahame-Smith -- for the incredibly serious nature it approaches an inherently silly concept with, but for the sake of everyone involved, let's hope that doesn't mean the same box office returns.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies comes out in theaters February 5, 2016.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
The premise is mildly interesting, but I'll be honest, the biggest thing I freaked out at was seeing the Eleventh Doctor being a ginger.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Eh, after the shit fest that was Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer, I couldn't care less.

This could be a great story, but if you're going to have a wildly stupid premise then embrace it. Turn the stupidity up to eleven. Vampire Hunter actually tried to have a somewhat serious tone, and as a result it was both stupid and boring. You're making a movie about zombies in a Jane Austen novel, you don't have to justify your world to us. We're here, we get, we understand the premise. We don't need an explanation. Just give us a scene where Darcy has to hack his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw, or where Mr. Collins does this:

We'll see your stupid movie, I promise.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I know this is based on a novel, I am still not interested toward it.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Ugh, I was looking forward to this but if I'm already bored during the trailer then I'm not hopeful at all.

That's coming from someone who actually liked regular ol' pride and prejudice as well. So my threshold for boredom is higher than most.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Is there anything else to this other than: "Lol, we've combined zombies and Pride and Prejudice, even though those are things that don't go together, but now they're together. Laugh, damn you! Laugh at the quirkiness!"

And yes, I'm well aware that this is based upon a book. I'm not really sure why so many people, particularly in the comments section of that video, seem to be holding that up as some kind of seal of quality.

Not that I was ever particularly interested in zombies to begin with, but after the saturation of pop culture, I can't think of a single thing I'm less interested in.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Fox12 said:
Eh, after the shit fest that was Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer, I couldn't care less.

This could be a great story, but if you're going to have a wildly stupid premise then embrace it. Turn the stupidity up to eleven. Vampire Hunter actually tried to have a somewhat serious tone, and as a result it was both stupid and boring. You're making a movie about zombies in a Jane Austen novel, you don't have to justify your world to us. We're here, we get, we understand the premise. We don't need an explanation. Just give us a scene where Darcy has to hack his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw, or where Mr. Collins does this:

We'll see your stupid movie, I promise.
I don't care about the movie in the article, but that clip was FUCKING AMAZING!

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I actually read the novel ...and it was surprisingly enjoyable.

I think I've said this on this forum before, but I found the fate of Charlotte and Mr. Collins much more satisfying than the original novel.

I don't think I'll see the movie though. It's taking itself too seriously instead of inheriting the novel's much comical and lighter tone.

Also, Sony Pictures. When have they ever done anything right recently?