The Professor Oak Personality Index

ZodiacBraves

Jun 26, 2008
I'm a water/ice type, meaning I'm a Dewgong, Cloyster or Lapras. (Or the Spheal evolutionary group but screw them)

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
So... I guess I'm a rock/grass type?
How did that happen?

Oh, and legendary. I'm that.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
so that makes me what... rock/(ground/water-ish)

great article; not exactly what i expected, which made it even more fun ^^

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Susan Arendt said:
ThunderCavalier said:
Andy Hughes said:
Ghost types are dead.
I don't know why, but that line really killed me... no pun intended.

Seriously, I was laughing for a good fifteen seconds.
Killed me, too. I seriously had to laugh for a bit before going back to finish editing.

I think you're the best person to ask. Am I fire, psychic or dragon? Or some awesome combination of those? :p

RedMagic

Feb 16, 2011
I agree that this would be great in a quiz with badges. This article was fun to read. The description for ghost-types is just hilarious.

It seems I'm a ground/rock type, which would be a Rhyperior.

ZombieMonkey7

Dec 24, 2009
Almost all these personalities suck, I'd hate to be stuck in a room with a grass/ice/fighting/poison/bug or dark type. That being said they really need to make this a quiz, it would be a great source of entertainment :p I would say I'm a water type and a little of ghost

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Water/rock.
Awesome!

Not my favourite Pokemon, but both are in the top 50 easily.
Nice feature, makes a good change from all the usual drama/current affairs relevance.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Water/Rock/Steel, like this guy:
Captain Pirate said:
Water/rock.
Awesome!

Not my favourite Pokemon, but both are in the top 50 easily.
Nice feature, makes a good change from all the usual drama/current affairs relevance.
Lets make a club!

And I vote we see this again as a quiz

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
I Think I'm an Evee. Depending on what's happening around me, I react differently. When I'm sick, though, I turn into a Snorlax.

albinoterrorist

Jan 1, 2009
BrotherRool said:
Rock/Bug and I do find grass types the hardest to deal with, antagonism is fun apathy is ... bleh.

So that makes me... shuckle?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shuckle_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

"It stores berries in it's shell. The berries eventually ferment to become delicious juices"
That's a moonshine operation I've ever heard of one. In real life Al-Capone is a shuckle
FUCK YEAR!
SHUCKLE MASTER RACE!

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Water/ground

Ironically (or perhaps appropriately?) The type combination of one of my favorite Pokemon, Swampert.

Also everyone who reads this article is steel, essentially.

minuialear

Jun 15, 2010
Dastardly said:
Andy Hughes said:
The Professor Oak Personality Index

The path to enlightenment begins with Pokemon.

Read Full Article
Cute concept, and a nice change of pace. Not everything has to be hard-hitting game journalism or deep explorations of the social impact of gaming. And wow... Pokemon really has kind of drifted out of the social consciousness for awhile, hasn't it?

Maybe we could also arrange these into a sort of horoscope. It has that ring to it...

(3rd paragraph: "principles")
Pokemon horoscopes would be fantastic. This should happen.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Skeleon said:
Please, please make a quiz with badges out of this! You just know everybody wants that, it's true.
^agreed.

I wasn't seeing anything that really matched me until I ran into Steel. To factor in the fact that I'm probably looking at myself too kindly, I'll throw in Ice. Is there an Ice/Steel Pokemon? I haven't played since Emerald.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
They are usually creative and down to earth
If you ever met a creative person who was also down to earth... well, congratulations on meeting Steve Jobs, but please don't base your personality index on him.

It's still better than Myers-Briggs, probably.