The PSVita: Is there anything good to play on it?

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Also note if you're in North America and want to play Metal Gear Solid for PS1 on Vita you have to transfer it from a PS3, can't direct download because raisins... FucKonami

Kyle Winston

Jul 22, 2013
Severed is a good choice off the PSN. It is a first-person, metroidvania, hack n' slash with a beautiful design.

You can cut up Cthulhu spawn and feed on their remains to grow stronger.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Tilly said:
LegoDudeGuy said:
So I just came into a PSVita
Unusual fetish!
Given some games developed for the Vita... I'm gonna go with "not so unusual". Heck they probably make special cleaning kits just for that.

But the Vita is great if you like JRPG's and Retro PSOne and PS2 titles.

Snydeclyde

Jun 23, 2012
I cba to make a list, as others have done so already, and theirs is better than mine would be. I'm just going to continue the trend of recommending Persona 4 Golden. I bought it because everyone online recommended it. Seemed kinda pricey and at first I just had no clue what I was doing, but sure enough it hooked me and now I await P5 with baited breath. Honestly P4G alone is worth getting a PSVita.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
There's a whole world of psONE games you should take a look at. Everything from FF1 and FFTactics to games like Borderlands 2 (if you're going to play borderlands 2, buy one of those controller attachments that you can set the Vita into. Otherwise it's going to be a pain).

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Only one recommendation for Freedom Wars? For shame Escapists...

I'd also throw in that new Mana game and I hear Stranger of Sword City is pretty good.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
RaikuFA said:
I hear Stranger of Sword City is pretty good.
I picked it up recently and have about 10 hours on it. It flew completely under my radar until I heard about it on a recent episode of the co-optional podcast in which Jesse Cox rants about how much he hates it. All I could think while he was explaining why he hated it was 'Boy, this game sounds right up my street.'

So yeah- if you like punishingly difficult, grind heavy JRPG's where nothing is explained to you (like Shin Megami Tensei) then I'd heartily recommend it. If grind, extreme difficulty and very obtuse game mechanics put you off then I'd suggest not bothering.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
The age system in Sword City balancing life points for experience gain is really interesting but if you don't minmax everything, you will suffer. No "I am 26 so this char is 26", either ancient geezer or a loli, pick one.