The Ratings War III: Republic of Heaven (Second Round Finals)

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
Ultrajoe said:
Khedive Rex said:
Why the fuck are people doing this?
Because they like the idea but aren't able to commit to it...
I quit because I saw the future (this). That's right. Saw the future. Saw it.
Yeah but you at least quit. It was a formal severance of your continuation. In all the other cases on the thread they've just ... never showed up again. Leaving us to wonder half-heartedly what the deal was and whether or not they'll try to pop up later.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Khedive Rex said:
Obviously, but this seems like a new trend. I don't remember anybody leaving the first RW and the only time people left the second is the kerfufle (sp?) in the semi-finals and mscherbatskaya leaving in the second round. It seems strange to me that now, so many people are leaving or not getting posts out while previously they have stayed around. Maybe I'm wrong, RW I and II are fuzzy memories now with only nostalgian telling me what went happened. Still, I can't help but feel like a lot of people are leaving.

I shouldn't complain, it makes my job easier.

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
Fire Daemon said:
Khedive Rex said:
Obviously, but this seems like a new trend. I don't remember anybody leaving the first RW and the only time people left the second is the kerfufle (sp?) in the semi-finals and mscherbatskaya leaving in the second round. It seems strange to me that now, so many people are leaving or not getting posts out while previously they have stayed around. Maybe I'm wrong, RW I and II are fuzzy memories now with only nostalgian telling me what went happened. Still, I can't help but feel like a lot of people are leaving.

I shouldn't complain, it makes my job easier.
Well, we didn't really enforce dealines in the first or second so the only reason to quit would have been active refusal to participate. If people have upwards of two weeks with semi-constant reminders they can have something passable done even if they only write two paragraphs a day. With the set up we have in this RW, players actually have to work fairly hard.

And with work, comes drop-outs. It's the sacrafise we make for more expedient game-play.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Ultrajoe said:
Khedive Rex said:
I quit because I saw the future (this). That's right. Saw the future. Saw it.
Ah, but that's what heats are for, weeding out the unworthy or uncommitted.

It's a shame that Crowghast forfeited for the second time in a row though.

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
*sits in chair, twiddling thumbs*

La te dah, just sitting here... waiting for my round to be called. It's not like I would drop out, I'm a little pissed that people who have already had their rounds are just dropping out, while people like me are sitting and waiting, waiting for it to be our fucking turn to have a round.

La te dah, La te dah

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
revolverwolf said:
Revenent said:
Maybe I should have joined up...
Sometimes I think like that. Then I realise I'd get killed epically in the first round. Maybe next time?
Same, may look into signing up next time, but aren't that good a writer.

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
Toughie, quit whining. None of the others have bitched even once.
This is a warning. One more of that, your opponent is me, and Ivan will die a horrible, inglorious death.

Revenent

Nov 5, 2008
The Sorrow said:
This is a warning. One more of that, your opponent is me, and Ivan will die a horrible, inglorious death.
Holy Jesus, call the Pissy Overreaction of the Year Award Committee. What brought this on? All he was doing was showing annoyance at people disappearing and delaying the competition, a perfectly acceptable reaction.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Revenent said:
The Sorrow said:
Holy Jesus, call the Pissy Overreaction of the Year Award Committee. What brought this on? All he was doing was showing annoyance at people disappearing and delaying the competition, a perfectly acceptable reaction.
I blame Videogames. For both of them. And you. And Swine Flu.

Revenent

Nov 5, 2008
Don't be ridiculous. They're only responsible for all teenage violence and moral degradation.

Crowghast

Aug 29, 2008
Sorry Emu (Also, congratulations!), and everyone else. I had business to take care of in the real life that left me in disposed for a little longer than I thought. I haven't been home for a while as a result.

I'm back now though. So i'll help by crying in the corner. Please continue on.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Crowghast said:
Sorry Emu (Also, congratulations!), and everyone else. I had business to take care of in the real life that left me in disposed for a little longer than I thought. I haven't been home for a while as a result.

I'm back now though. So i'll help by crying in the corner. Please continue on.
It's alright Crowghast. You probably would have won, had you actually had the time to submit an entry. I try not to lie to myself; I'm not the most talented writer in the world.

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
For future reference: if you need more time, talk to me in advance.

Next fights:
Farfig Alhazarid & The Mark vs. Lex
Yep. June 6, 1944. One of you is about to rush into a cover-free killing zone, the other will be joining the well-entrenched Third Reich to push those damn Yanks out of France.

The DJ vs. Henry
Every bad act you ever committed. Remember those? They're a little pissed. A spectre of everyone you've ever wronged in any way, shape, or form will arrive to torment you. Good luck surviving with anything resembling sanity intact.

I skipped one fight because Wes informed me that a RL commitment would prevent him from fighting at this time.