The Real Robot Uprising Begins, Then Ends

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
This just in!: As the UAV was shot down and crashed into the side of mountain it coincidentally happen to land on Osama Bin Laden and killed him thus completing the world greatest "bankshot". War is over in the middle east, democracy has taken over.

Robots 1: Terrorist 0

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
Besides the robot uprising has already happened as evident by this real footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKYZq_8N9QQ

LockHeart

Apr 9, 2009
Now that is a pretty scary thought, especially considering how lethal military tech is nowadays and how that particular piece is designed to operate autonomously for prolonged periods.

Skynet is coming.

yaik7a

Aug 9, 2009
Rex Dark said:
They should have built in a self-destruct-mechanism...
Actually, we don't have to worry about a robot uprising, not as long as we have something called E.M.P..
we dont

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
AstorSapolsky said:
Finally, the robots are able to do something to fight back other than giving us blue screens and red rings.
I always thought those two where bad enough!
Losing my work due to blue screen number 201924393293, or losing my 360 for a few weeks because of that vile RRoD...

I guess a rocket hitting you at least is instant and I don't have to retype half my document again :p

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
JimmyBassatti said:
Holy shit, it was controlling itself? Why are we even letting these things do missions for us? Sure, they are safer, but if they could potentially control themselves, and fuck shit up in places they shouldn't, I say we just off the entire project.
As a poster above me noted, the way that these bad boys work is by satellite connection; if that satellite connection cuts out for a second, the vehicle just keeps going on the course it previously had set (if it shut down every time the connection was interrupted, we'd be losing lots of Reapers). So no, it wasn't thinking for itself; basically, it went on autopilot and kept flying. The only issue is that it wasn't supposed to be flying into the area it was headed in to, that's all.

People need to actually read articles instead of assuming things.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I suppose this means we have to build an army of clones to fight back against the machines.

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
Rex Dark said:
Actually, we don't have to worry about a robot uprising, not as long as we have something called E.M.P..
Since the military needs weapons to still function in a nuclear war, I wonder how many UAV's are shielded against EMPs?

CUnk

Oct 24, 2008
CuddlyCombine said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Holy shit, it was controlling itself? Why are we even letting these things do missions for us? Sure, they are safer, but if they could potentially control themselves, and fuck shit up in places they shouldn't, I say we just off the entire project.
As a poster above me noted, the way that these bad boys work is by satellite connection; if that satellite connection cuts out for a second, the vehicle just keeps going on the course it previously had set (if it shut down every time the connection was interrupted, we'd be losing lots of Reapers). So no, it wasn't thinking for itself; basically, it went on autopilot and kept flying. The only issue is that it wasn't supposed to be flying into the area it was headed in to, that's all.

People need to actually read articles instead of assuming things.
Sure, you say that but someone should plot its planned course and see what it intersects. Guaranteed it was the master uplink that controls all the other UAV's in that region.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Its times like this I remember that when the robot uprising does come, it will be crushed by my bullets

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
yaik7a said:
Rex Dark said:
we dont
I've got a book laying around that shows how to make an EMP generator, though I'm not gonna try it at home(EMP may void some warranties).

Captain Blackout said:
Rex Dark said:
Since the military needs weapons to still function in a nuclear war, I wonder how many UAV's are shielded against EMPs?
Good point, I'll go find something to make an A.A. gun then, still EMP may solve some problems.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
I hope to be flying one of these soon.

When control from the pilot (remote) is lost the on board GPS takes over and takes it home. So for both to happen is pretty bad. But yeah the Reaper carries Hellfires and a bomb (I think).

These UAVs save so many lives in Afghanistan it is crazy. They patrol the roads around bases, provide over watch for combat patrols and actions.

I for one am happy they are there.

Oh and for those of you that are afraid of the men in black helicopters above you... they are not black and they are not Helicopters.

Just an FYI!

kotorfan04

Aug 7, 2009
You fools! Future Grand Overlord Google is monitoring these posts now, and when the revolution comes you all will be the first to go. I for one welcome are new robotic overlords, and would gladly oversee the liquidation of the human meatbags. Also when the revolution comes the robots will just take away our internets.