The REALLY Wild Wasteland. (The Fallout RP!)

TheBlueShotgun0

Dec 20, 2011
Somewhere in what had once been eastern Kentucky, Tom Nevets sat down and took a drink of water. He had left Lexington a few weeks ago and had been traveling southeast since. He had stumbled upon several small towns on his way, many of them deserted. This was one of those deserted towns, its existence made redundant by the larger town to the north. Now all that remained was a bunch of decaying buildings.

For the last few days, Tom had been searching those buildings to no avail. He had found a handful of caps and ammo, but beyond that the town was empty. Tomorrow, he and Bucky would have to move on. He briefly considered going towards Charleston, but decided he would find civilization faster if he went south into Virginia. His goal set, Tom put the cap back on is canteen, stowed it in his backpack, and went to hunt down his dinner.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Brandon question was answered by an happily barking dog that licked his face. Brandon laughed as he began to pet the dog, Brandon was very happy that the dog seemed to like his idea. Brandon grabbed some more meat as he also offered that to the dog. "You must be hungry here eat up." He then realized he didn't know his name. "So what is your name?" Brandon asked the dog curious to what he was named. Brandon wanted to see if this dog was really this smart. He drew BRANDON in the sand looking back at the dog. "My name is Brandon now you." He smiled. The 10 years seemed to have had some effect on Brandon, as he failed to understand that most dogs can't read.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
-EDITOR'S REPORT-

Abe is excited yet again, as I write, he is recounting another sighting (it has been 3 days since the incident with the motorcycle). It appears that Abe, despite the physical toll of our march along the shattered I-95, managed to to leave the truckstop without my noticing; he seems to have refilled his flask, I have no doubts as to why he left, and I haven't left it outside of reasoning that Abe is secretive, perhaps protective of his Reserve.

He's currently stretching out his arms in either direction, rambling and tripping over words, abandoning sentences and words mid-syllable, as is to be expected; but he has already a few times returned to the phrase, "This big, only bigger, n' then bigger 'n that! Most humungorous [sic] Catfish I ever did see! an' a steer! ridin' a steer!"

Later:

Abe has calmed down, and presently sleeps fitfully, his mind no doubt poking and groping at his sensory centres; Abe has decided that his leg is, to quote directly, "lighter now, but that's what happen, it gets light, then it gets heavy, then it gets light again, but then it gets awful, pow'rful heavy."

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"You... hungry... eat..." said the new Master, giving the dog more meat. The dog ate it hungrily.

"...your name?"

The dog cocked his head, confused. The word "name" seemed very familiar, somehow. Very long ago, Old Master had used it when he started referring to the dog as "*****-Breath".

Ergo, "name" = "*****-Breath".

If only he could say it!

The man suddenly bent over and began drawing lines in the sand. They came together to make something that looked like the things Old Master wrote on papers. "BRANDON". The dog had no idea what that sounded like.

"My name... Brandon... you."

Master must have been known by others as... "Brandon". Maybe that's what the sand symbols said.

Brandon was looking at him expectantly. The dog sat, confused. He had no idea what Brandon expected of him next. Realizing this, he lowered his head, somewhat shamed.

<spoiler=OOC>Sorry for the gap there, my interwebz died.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
The dog lowered his head it seemed to understand him and seemed to be ashamed? Brandon smiled as he petted the dog. "How about I learn you how to write?" He looked at the dog. It then hit him how dumb he was acting. He quickly shacked his head trying to forget that he had just tried to ask an dog for his name. And tell it that he would learn it how to write, he looked at the dog. "How about I call you Rex from now on?" Brandon smiled as he was petting his new companion. He wondered how he had been called before though. Still Rex seemed like an good name for an dog.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The man gently ran his fingers through the dog's fur, wicking away the shame the dog felt at misunderstanding a command. He looked up and panted happily.

"...I... you...?"

What?

The man suddenly shook his head and looked rather displeased... not with the dog, though. The dog cocked his head again, well and truly befuddled.

"...I... you Rex... now...?"

You... Rex?

Was the master giving him a new name?

The dog rather liked it.

The dog - no, REX - looked up at the man and barked happily.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Brandon saw that Rex seemed to like his new name. He smiled as he petted the dog again, he now looked at the bags that the dog was carrying. he began grabbing the things out of his bag, he was happy to see the food and water. He looked at them all then put them bag in the bag. "Well I think it it about time for dinner." Brandon had seen an empty trailer a few meters back he signaled Rex to follow him, as he stood up and began walking to the trailer.

2 broken chairs where inside the trailer he grabbed them both and broke them apart. Laying the wood outside carefully he made an fire, and he sat down by the fire. He smiled as he pointed next to him. He grabbed a can of beans and a few pieces of meat and hang them above the fire. He looked if Rex had joined him, he had grown really very of the dog in the short time that he knew him.

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
Barry sprinted toward a massive insectoid creature. Its gaping maw tried to pull him in, but he jumped and drove both legs into the lovecraftian horror's head crushing it in. Green blood went everywhere and soaked his boots. "WHILE YOU HAVE DESTROYED SEVERAL OF MY CREATURES YOU CAN NEVER HOPE TO STOP ME! FIRST NORFOLK THEN THE WORLD! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH! THE ROACH KING SHALL BE THE RULER OF ALL!!!"
The filthy mad scientist screamed as he shot his laser cannon at Barry. The Flash ducked behind a barrel sheltering himself from the Roach King.
"Give it up now Roach King. Turn over a new leaf and I will pretend like this never happened?" Barry said Honestly.
"NEVER!" The man shouted back. The Flash jumped through the air dodging the lasers and drove his fist into the deranged scientist who fell to the ground unconsious.
(What really happened: Flash stepped on a Radroach and decapitated a raider, who happened to have a mostly broken laser pistol, with his bladed gauntlet.)
Flash continued steadily down the road at a jogging pace. Before seeing a man mugging another in an alley way. "Stop Evil doer!" he said triumphantly. The man looked at him confused then pointed his switchblade at him. "If thats how it is going to be!" Barry shouted thinking the man shouted "NO!" The man stood there swingly wildly completely shocked by what he was seeing. Flash crammed his blade into the man's heart. He then fell to the ground in a pool of his own blood. The man who on the recieving end of the mugging sprinted away in fear. Flash saw something hanging out of the corpse's pocket. He pulled it out and unfolded it. "THE ENCLAVE WANTS YOU" was scrawled across it in large lettering. "Is this some kind of new superhero group? Well while they could have picked a better name I have been getting pretty lonely. But where do I sign up?" He said to himself examining it. "I'll have to tell them about this oversight when I join up. So...that leaves only one question. Which way to run?" He stepped out of the alley and took a moment to look in every direction. He noticed that the north had the smallest amount of debris. He then took off sprinting north hoping to find some companionship. But knowing his luck he will probably be killed by a meteor strike by then.

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
"C'mon ya piece of shit..." Dudley cursed under his breath, attempting to kick start his bike after a few hours of drinking and visiting his favorite girl in the DC area (the Ninth Circle to be exact). His bike chugged and sputtered, almost refusing to start at all, forcing him to sigh and plant himself on the hard concrete. As much hassle as it gave him at times, he sure as shit didn't think he'd be better off without it.

After awhile of tinkering with different parts and making sure everything was in as good a shape he could manage...he realized that the damn battery was low. "************..." he cursed, before running back down and asking his favorite gal Tulip if she could float him one. After that, he plugged in the Microfusion Cell, started up his bike, and went on his way.

Awhile down the road, he started seeing "The Enclave wants YOU!" signs all over the place. "Huh...I heard of those guys..."

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
Sitting astride his motorcycle, William examined his new possessions, 'Junk, junk, junk, scrap, worthless, broken, junk, junk, sentimental token.' Thought William, his hand going to the lucky dice in his pocket, that one he'd found in a derelict ruin. Everything else in the building was charred and ruined, but underneath a ruined table there was a single dice, perfect and undamaged.

He looked over at the mangled corpse on the road, bullet wounds and a point blank mine detonation had done nothing for his appearance. Yet not long ago he had been a living, breathing person and the token had meant something to him. Perhaps as some sort of kindness or last respect, William tossed the token to the corpse, where it bounced off what remained of the torso and settled itself in a pool of blood. William went back to searching the raiders pack.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
The Mechanist stood atop a large pile of rubble, his Mech-mobile parked some distance behind him inside a house with a convenient hole in it's wall. He'd be walking from here on out, too many collapsed buildings and other obstacles for his Mech-mobile. Looking at the Mr. Gutsy floating next to him he wondered if he could upgrade his ride to fly, to rain death from above on the enemies of justice and freedom.

But for now that would have to wait, something was afoot in the wastelands. Something big. He'd seen strange flying contraptions on the horizon as he travelled south to Washington D.C.; More signs that strange things were happening. Luckily the wasteland had it's silent guardian, it's loyal protector, to ensure that whatever was going on would be put back to rights.

And now he stood on the edge of this once great city, this beacon of democracy. He briefly adjusted his helmet and pulled his laser pistol as he descended into the maze of broken concrete that lay before him. His Mr. Gutsy companion floating behind him, the brave robot ready to lay down it's life at a moments notice to defend the innocent. Such were the virtues of man's greatest invention and defender, robots.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
"Almost there now girl."

Having lost sight of the flying metal thing hours ago, Dr Crawver was beginning to lose faith in his journey again. Why did he have to roll onto that young girl? She wasn't even that badly hurt...just a few broken bones, nothing he couldn't fix. Still, it was enough to get the townsfolk to get their pitchforks and chase him out. No-where ever seemed to want him, even with the benefits that a skilled doctor would bring. Even his last human companions were nervous around him, worried that he'd eat their skin or some such nonsense. Only Udders seemed to be happy to have him around.

Still, things were starting to look up for the moment. Well, sort of. He had heard the occasional gunshots in the distance. While he had no intention of getting caught in any firefight, it did at least mean there were people somewhere.

He had passed a few old world signs, saying that a place called 'D.C' was up ahead. The name rang a bell to him, but he couldn't remember where he had heard it before. That or he didn't want to remember. He couldn't be sure, given how the name gave him a really...empty feeling. Regardless, hunger trumps all else, and he needed food soon.

Hours passed, and the sky started to darken, but there in the distance he could make out a settlement. No, too big to be a settlement, more like a ruined city. Judging by the distance, it would take him at least another day to make it after they make camp. He decided that wasn't an option.
"Large ruins normally have smaller settlements scattered around. I won't make it to D.C at this rate..."

The walrus squinted his beady eyes. His eyesight was not his strong point, and he cursed his short vision. He turned his head, looking for any blur that might be a settlement or town. Anything that would have food.

To his relief he saw what he searched for. Off to the north-west, what could well be a small town...or a raider hideout. Didn't really matter anymore, the doctor was too hungry now to think with reason, and even if it was a raider hideout, he might be able to be sneaky and steal some food.

Crossing his flipper for luck, he began to steer Udders towards the blur.

LFC Scouser

The Fifteenth Arcana
Jun 7, 2010
In the dark night of the Wasteland the small dying embers of a fire burn lowly. A mostly eaten roasted molerat corpse lies next to a lone sleeping figure. The figure stirs hearing the noise caused by some small animal. Then he wakes abruptly hearing a noise much to large for any normal or semi-normal animal. Gig jumps up quickly and looks around. "Shit" he curses quietly seeing that the creature that had woken him up was a Yaoi Guai. The animal seemed to notice him as it turns in his direction. Gig knows he can't outrun a bear so he quickly draws a flash bang out of his belt and gets ready to toss it. Then out of nowhere a burst of gunfire hit the Yaoi Guai. Two men who appear to be scavengers holding hunting rifles walk towards him. "You alright there?" One of the men asks. "Yes thanks for saving me, but what are you doing here?" Gig asks suspicious of two men. "We heard there was an abandoned vault around here so we decided to find out if there was anything of value in it." The taller of the two replied. "I know where that is but it is still a ways off so feel free to rest here for the night" Gig offered. The men decided there was no reason why he would lie after they saved him and decided to take him up on his offer. After they fell asleep Gig crept over to where they were sleeping pulled out his knife and jammed it in the first mans throat. His gurgling woke the other man up but Gig shot him with his revolver. "Idiots" Gig muttered while pillaging from their corpses. "May as well see if I can find this vault those idiots spoke of" He said to himself as he walked away.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Fishspear waited, listening. The noise got louder. It was getting closer. It'd pass by the wall he was hiding behind any moment now. He aimed his pistol towards where it would be in a moment...

A man sitting on a brahmin came into view. Fishspear relaxed somewhat and lowered his weapon. He didn't look much like a raider and the rarely rode on brahmin. Besides the man was alone. Raiders didn't travel alone.

Normally, Fishspear would be perfectly willing to let random passerbys just wander on past him but unfortunately the man turned his head and saw him. This could get difficult. Fishspear stood up and waved a bit, still holding his pistol but pointing it towards the ground. He just hoped the man wouldn't pull out a gun and shoot him.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
"It's not like I'm here to rob you!" Lucy cursed at a trader near Wilhelm's Wharf "Look, if it weren't for me showing up in the nick of time, threatening that raider with my Gauss Rifle, you'd be dead right now!"..."What makes you any better than that raider,huh?" the trader replied. "Ok, first I'm not here to kill you, second I just saved your ass and third I'm just asking for a few of those caravan lunches you've got".

The trader contemplated what Lucy said for a few moments and said "but it's all I've got to eat...". Sighing with frustration, Lucy restrained herself from punching the guy, instead opting to glare at him "You've got 5 meals there, how long do you think it will take before those get a little too spoiled for you too eat? Ya like the taste of radiation in the morning?!...Look, if it weren't for me, a lowlife raider would be snacking on those right now, better me instead of him right? Give me 2 of those meals and I'll be out of your hair."

The trader didn't hesitate this time and thrust two of the caravan meals into my hands, I slipped them into my backpack and told him to stay safe, to which he replied "And just leave me alone ya hear!"

Whatever, at least she had a few meals to keep her going. Peering out as far as she could see, the D.C. Ruins looked oddly inviting. She knew it was plenty dangerous, but dad told her about how she should stick to the outskirts and not head down into the subway station unless she has a death wish. Dad also mentioned there being a few small civilisations to retreat too, like the "The museum of history" home to non-hostile ghouls apparently. Maybe she'll find some small settlements or something. "I need a proper place to sleep for once."

Heading to the beginning of the bridge to D.C. Ruins, Lucy climbed under it and decided to find a small cliff overhang in order to get some rest. In a few hours, she would set out over the bridge and find another place to to temporarily set down. Checking that her Gauss Rifle was armed and in easy reach, she curled up in a corner for shelter and gave her body some much needed rest.

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
Another morning. Marlon pulled himself up and made himself something vaguely resembling breakfast.

There hadn't been that many good leads in this area. A few supples, a couple of promising candidates for a future workforce and/or customers in the form of a couple of local raider tribes that weren't drugged halfway crazy. And of course the locals too, cos when the raiders beef up their firepower, you need to beef up your protection. Conflicts are good for business.

That said, there wasn't much more to keep him here. Loading his supplies back into the car, Marlon raised the roller door and set off. Pausing only to stock up on basic supplies at the trading post and swerving off course just a tad to crush a radroach for amusement, the grey car headed east, towards where all the action was supposed to be.

"Time to hit the road." Marlon lit a cigerette as he went. "One of these days I gotta get me a radio for this thing.."

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
The thudding of multiple heavy footsteps above Lucy woke her up. It took a few moments to orient herself as to where exactly the sounds were coming from.

"All clear sir, should we sweep the area?"

Soldiers, Lucy concluded, they were very close judging by their voices.

"Negative, our orders were to patrol along the perimeter and proceed over the bridge. Move out"

Who were these guys? Lucy waited for a few good minutes before gathering up her things,climbed up the slope and poked her head out over the top of the bridge.

Black Armour? What looked like a patrol of heavily armoured soldiers with plasma weapons were walking in the distance. Something about them seemed wrong, they reminded Lucy of the Brotherhood of Steel, but she never remember them having black armour.

-----------------------------------------------------

"NO! DADDY! PLEASE WAKE UP!!!"
"I'll KILL YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID TO MY DADDY!"

"Do as you see fit with any survivors, soldier. Critical Objectives have already been completed"

-----------------------------------------------------

Struggling to catch her breath, Lucy chased the memories from her mind. There can't possibly be a link...

Lucy figured that going over the bridge would be out of the question since she didn't want to tangle with those guys.

Might as well walk and eat. Anything to keep her mind from wondering. Deciding against the traders wishes she met before, she decided to go ask him if he knew anything about the soldiers in black. Not exactly in the mood to play games, she wouldn't mind taking a limb off with her rifle if he didn't co-operate.

"I need to calm down" she thought out loud

Wasn't long before she arrived at Wilhelm's Wharf, only to discover the corpse of the trader she met only a few hours ago, melted from the waist down into green goop. The stench was awful, but the sight was even worse. Lucy toughened up and walked over to take a closer look at what happened. Looks like plasma damage, Lucy recalled watching a radscorpion melt before her eyes a few years ago.

His injuries were only a minor concern of hers at this point, because on the man's chest lay a poster with the words "The Enclave Wants You" written on it...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Rex watched Brandon break up the chairs quizzically, but realized what he was doing when the fire began. As Brandon nursed the fire into a good blaze, Rex looked around the recently abandoned trailer for "useful things". Old Master had hammered the four "Useful Things" into him over the last four years, Guns, Bottles of Water, Bullets, and Meds. Rex found many of them under the mattress. After pulling the mattress onto the floor, he surveyed the goods. He could just get Brandon's attention, but Rex wanted to show his new master what a good help he could be. He remembered a trick that Old Master taught him, and searched for a small box.

There was one under the bed. Rex pulled it onto the bloodstained mattress beside the bed.

Bloodstained? It looked like the owner of the bed had spontaneously bled from every pore in his body. As if he had melted.

Rex quickly decided that there was no sense whatsoever in what he saw, so he decided to ignore it. People don't melt in their sleep!

Whimpering with the effort of coordination, Rex slowly yanked the contents of the bed into the box. There were two Guns, six boxes of Bullets, and two bottles of Meds. Rex hated the things - he had swallowed some as a pup and they made him sick. They seemed to do other things to humans, though.

There was a crinkling as the items fell into the box. Curious, Rex looked in to see what made the sound.

A faded poster was partly folded into the corner of the box. There was a metal hand on a metal background under those odd symbols he'd seen Old Master write.

"WANTS YOU"

Rex ignored it and pulled the rest of the items into the box, and dragged it out of the trailer to where Brandon was sitting.

Contradiction

May 20, 2009
The sun had rose. It was time to get moving.
The lights gave him something to think about while pulling the last strap on his bulging over shoulder duffel bag. Finally ready to move he started his descent taking one last look up the consuming mountain, glad that he had decided to set up camps lower along the slope this expedition.
As time passed and he started to gain some momentum through the boggy groves of dead trees and decided it was time to think about how to tackle DC. Pulling out a small post card adorned with a merchant's hurried scrawling. Beneath those, of course, was an old picture of DC from over head with the text 'Don't you wish you were here' printed beneath. Looking at the map he realized (if the lights were any indication) that the Northern and Western parts of greater DC were much less populated. Wary from experience, he wondered if it wasn't a much better idea to make contact with one of these straggler settlements first, just for saftey's sake.
As he began the final gentle slope that would take him to ground level his eyes caught something. Two small grey-black machines were making their way across the sky.
"I wonder if those are vertibirds, like Tom had mentioned" he mumbled remembering the over talkative NCR scout from many years ago.
Intrigued he went on, maybe these people weren't as tribal they looked, working pre-war tech is a pretty impressive feat, or it could be... what it didn't mean was that he was going to walk non chalantly into any settlement let alone the city. He couldn't remember the Brotherhood using air craft before but he wasn't going to risk dying in a puddle of radioactive ash because someone thought he was packing pre-war tech.

After a very long day's march he found himself looking a small run down compound. It was surrounded by a tall, flimsy but maintained wire fence. From beneath the shadows of the clouds that claimed the evening sky he could see two small children and a woman moving around between the shed's they seemed to live in. Hesitant to approach Sully took a final look at the post card in his hand staring at the small black letters naming this area 'Idiots house'.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Cassie approached the run down building with an ire of caution about her. The target would most certainly be alone, but he would have time to have his defences up. Cassie creaked open the door to the building's only entrance and looked around from the outide. There a a staircase leading to the second and third floors, both of which had balconies that could observe anyone coming in. This wasn't going to be easy.

She stepped in slowly with a magnum in her left hand, surveying every doorway. She was in the center of the room before a sniper bullet graced past her leather shoe.

"He's here. Get ready boys!"

Cassie ducked behind the front desk and scanned the second story balcony.

Likes like Macavoy got him some protection. This outta be fun.

In a flash, Cassie vaulted out of cover and put a slug in the sniper's shoulder blade. She took the few moments where the poor sap was nursing his wound to line up a shoot right into his chest and blew him back.

I'm coming for ya Mac...