The REALLY Wild Wasteland. (The Fallout RP!)

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Cassie marched slowly up the stairs, pointing her revolver at every corner a merc could pop out of. A spray of buckshot flew past her the second she tried to pass by a door, and she dropped to the ground to lay three shots into the offender.

Another merc charged toward her, firing off a 10 mil. Cass lifted off the ground and place a slug between his eyes before ducking into a room to take cover. She slid the chamber open. Each shell hitting the ground sounded like the stroke of a piano key. She swiftly chambered 6 more rounds and ran out the room, making her way to the stairs for the final floor.

"Get out there! What do I even pay you people for?!"

Cassie was met with a hail of bullets, leaving her only enough time to get a single shot off before taking one to the arm and having to duck down again.

"I'm taking the repairs to my suit out of your ass Macavoy!"

Cassie reached into her schatchel and pulled out a grenade. She pulled the pin and tossed it up to where the shot were being fired. There was only a single scream before the exsplosion. Cassie vaulted up immediately to end the poor sap trying to limp away.

"You boys are so damn sloppy," She said as she fired into his skull. The only guy left was A man in leather armor, cowering in front of a large window.

"Now come on man. We can discuss this."

Cass fired a shot into the glass behind him, smiling sweetly.

"I dont see what's there to talk about.I got hired to do something, so I'm going to collect"

"B-b-but. I have caps. I can pay you whatever you want"

She fired another 3 shoots at the glass as she edged closer to the man.

"Dead men don't need caps anyway"

She pressed the gun into his neck and twisted it around as she looked over his apparel. Her eyes locked on the emerald ring on his finger.

"This."

"What? You w-want the ring? It's yours. Take it"

Cassie gave him a devilish smirk and put the gun on his hand.

"Thank you kindly" When she pulled the trigger, the finger blew off from the rest of the hand, and Cassie slammed her elbow into Mac's chest, forcing him through the window. She watched as he plumeted down to the bottom, still holding the finger. "Nice doing business with you Mac."

She put the proof of the kill in her pocket and sat down to remove the bullets from her arm.

TheBlueShotgun0

Dec 20, 2011
"Now then Tom, what do you know about the Enclave?"
Then Tom wasn't the only one who was curious about their recent activity. "I know something's goin' down." he said. "In the past months I've been hiking around northern Kentucky, and they're starting to show their teeth a whole lot more. I've heard reports of their troops targeting mutant villages and armored cars bearing their symbol patrolling the highways. Hell, when I was in Lexington, there were squads of them just walking down the streets. They're not afraid to show them self's any more." Tom took a swig of water before continuing. "Some people think their mobilizing, but against what is anybodies guess." Finished, Tom realized he hadn't let William speak. "What do think of it all?"

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
'Kentucky? Lexington? Attacking mutant villages sounds like them though.' Thought William, pondering this new information.

"I think the Enclave back and here to stay, they're casting their net wider, but sticking to the same principles. I think they have had a chance to recover and replenish their strength to be able to do all of this. I think that because they are able to patrol the wastes with confidence, they know exactly what they're doing. I think the Enclave are going to strike again, somewhere more important this time. A military target." William considered what it might be. Then spoke up again.

"GNR was a military target of sorts, last time I saw it the place was a Brotherhood of Steel fortress. GNR is vital to their DC operations, without a permanent base in the northern DC ruins, the Brotherhood risks losing half of DC, or half its fighting force trying to hold it. GNR was also one of the Brotherhoods biggest allies, if it looks like they can't protect their closest friend, what will others do? The Brotherhood has had a string of victories against the Enclave and some in the Capital Wasteland see them as invincible guardians. That image is important too, if you can't protect yourself, you sit next to someone who can protect you. The Brotherhood are seen as a safe option, but if they look weak everyone will find another guardian, their name will no longer command respect, those that once fled when they saw so much as a scrap of power armour will resurface and challenge the Brotherhoods dominance." William realised how much he was saying, he decided to stop talking so much and made a mental note to be more reserved.

"That's just what I think but here is the truth of the wasteland: If you look strong you are a predator, if you look weak you are prey, given the choice, who would you stand with? Predator or prey?"

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Brandon was happy to see that Rex seemed relaxed. He petted the dog as he grabbed an sleeping bag from his backpack. He was unsure of how Rex wanted to sleep. so he grabbed an blanket from his bag and offered it to Rex. After sorting out how Rex wanted to sleep, Brandon laid down trying to fall asleep. Sleep came easy to the exhausted Brandon. His nightmares made sure he was never fully recovered when he woke up.

He woke up inside an white room he was lying on a table, he felt strange he was drugged. He couldn't move his head and when he tried to move his limbs there was no response. Suddenly footsteps could be heard slowly drawing closer. The shoes sounded like the fancy old world type of shoes Brandon was unsure how he knew that. Then the face of an old man appeared his cloches and crazy look, made Brandon suspect he was some kind of insane doctor. He tried to scream but the doctor quickly blocked his mouth. He then grabbed some crazy device with an giant drill, he brought it closer to his left eye. The drill went into his eye and blood spew from the wound, Brandon screamed even though his mouth was being kept shut.

Brandon woke up and sat up straight covered in sweat, he brought his hand to his forehead he was breathing heavily. Another cursed dream... He looked to his new companion to see if he had awoken him, with his screaming and sudden movement.

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
David Markus traveled down the road at about twenty miles per hour in an attempt to conserve energy cells. His motor home was the only reason he has been able to live so well in the last six and half months. He didn't have to kill anybody or get too roughed up since he got it. Then as he went from a side street to the main road a man covered in red sprinted out in front of him. He slammed his foot on the break but he was too late. He slammed into the poor guy. "Crap! Im not killing anyone. Especially not like this," he said frustrated. He stepped down out of the Motor Home. "What the heck is he wearing? Eh, screw it. Come on buddy," he continued as he dragged him up into the home. The blade on the man's arm catches his eye. David pulls it of and lays it in the passenger seat. "Guess you are coming with me to D.C. Hope you are ready for a road trip, my strange friend." He speeds up now that hes on a main road. He had conserved enough. If he had moved a little bit faster he would have made it without any trouble. After about two hours the man woke up. "Where am I?" Barry said looking at himself. He was cover in cuts and bruises, plus he was pretty darn sure his ribs were broken. "You ran infront of my Motor Home, buddy. Im driving to D.C. I'll let you off there," David said with his eyes never leaving the road.
"Good, I was heading up North anyway," Barry replied.
"Really? If you don't mind me asking, why?"
"Im trying to find the tryouts for a new superhero team."
David burst out laughing, "Wait, are you serious?"
"Yes I am," Barry replied obliviously.
"Man, I must have screwed this guy up more than i thought," he thought to himself. "Um..What is your name, son?"
"I can't disclose that, but you can call me THE FLASH!"
David noticed that he was now in the D.C area. He quickly grabbed "The Flash's" blade and tossed it outside the car. "You can go now buddy,"
"Thank you citizen," The Flash said as he stepped out of the vehicle. The moment both feet touched concrete the vehical rushed away. Flash gave it a small wave before looking around and clutching his ribs.

TheBlueShotgun0

Dec 20, 2011
Tom listened to Williams musing with interest. He certainly wasn't a stupid man, that much was clear. "The predator, of course. And if the Brotherhood and Enclave are going to be fighting over that title, then perhaps it would be wise to steer clear of DC for the time being." Tom had no intention of being caught in a cross fire. "As for us, the literal predators will be coming out soon, and I for one don't feel like spending my evening getting devoured by a deathclaw. I say we make camp, but away from that body." he said, pointing to the mangled corpse behind William.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"GNAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Rex was on his feet before he even opened his eyes. He was standing over Brandon before he comprehended where he was and why, or who the figure in front of him was.

"AAAAAAAAAAGH!"

The shriek made Rex leap backwards, fur standing up and terror welling up throughout his whole body. Adrenaline sloshed through his blood, ready to kill whatever was tormenting his new master.

"GAH!"

Brandon shot straight up. He was breathing as if he'd been shot, now he was gingerly touching his eye. Rex was still completely on edge, not understanding what had happened. Old Master had never done anything like this. Maybe Brandon had swallowed a spider. Maybe he had been bitten by something. Maybe he had dreamed of something bad, like that yao guai who's cave they were in. Even if it had been a bad dream, most people were comparatively calm when they woke from such dreams.

Rex very slowly plodded over to Brandon, looking to see if there were any animals he needed to kill. Nothing. Rex sat down and leaned against Brandon, who seemed to be calming down a bit. The adrenaline began to rinse from his system, and Rex felt a bit dozy again.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Rex slowly walked over to Brandon and then he leaned against him. Rex seemed to calm down Brandon had scared the poor dog. He began to pet him, he was very happy that he had found an companion. Brandon stood up and flexed his muscles looking around the empty cave, he decided that they might as well have breakfast while they were traveling. Brandon began to pack up his things petting Rex in the process, he gave him his food raw meat. Brandon grabbed some food out of his bag he grabbed some corn. Brandon began to eat it as he grabbed the hunting revolver. He remembered that he had seen an hunter kill an death claw with this once. It only took him one shot too, he wondered if he would be able to do that one day. his left eye hurted a little bit.

Brandon decided that he wanted to know how much robot tech as inside him. He had heard an ghoul talk about something called an MIR machine once. That would be his best change if he didn't want to have someone cut him open. He looked at Rex he crouched and said. "Rex do you want to go to DC? The the underworld?" That was as far as Brandon knew, the best place to look for an ghoul.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Frank wandered towards Wilhelm's Wharf, the spurs he had attached to the feet of his power armor clanking as he did.
Always good trade in DC, maybe he'd find something juicy.
At that moment he saw a familiar rifle being held by a young woman talking to what looked like a yellowish ghoul.
He knew she wasn't Enclave or Brotherhood, (No power armor)but a wastelander wouldn't normally have access to that level of tech, and it warranted investigation.
With his Gauss Pistol in one hand, and his Displacer Fist on the other he ran into close enough range that the rifle would be a poor choice if the woman decided to attack him.
"Where did you get that?!"

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
The Mechanist gazed around the ruined cityscape, collapsed buildings and other rubble blocking his way in all directions but the one he came from. In front of him, his only option: the perilous subways that tunnelled beneath the capitol's surface. It seems he had little choice, there was but one way forward.

Reaching up to his helmet he turned on the in-built flash-light, illuminating the way ahead. With his loyal Mister Gutsy guarding his back the Mechanist entered the darkness. There was no telling where these twisted passageways might lead him, numerous cave-ins meant the old maps had long ago been made useless.

But the safety of the wasteland could not wait. Luckily it's saviour had no time for fear in his heart and his suit's in-built plumbing ensured there would be no signs to the contrary. The Mechanist gripped his laser pistol tighter as the entrance behind him disappeared from view, leaving only the lighting of his helmet and the glowing eyes of his Mister Gutsy.

Ahead of him the tunnel he was in intersected with another and the Mechanist's keen awareness ensured he did not miss the sounds of various creatures rummaging around. Turning off his helmet's light he slowly moved ahead, as stealthily as a Nightkin but without the stealth boy. Knocking over a minimum of cans and only stubbing his toes twice the Mechanist arrived, naturally completely undetected, at the intersection.

Peeking his head around the corner he made quick use of his extensive training to identify any possible dangers. Feral ghouls! Devoid of sanity and a grave danger to the innocents that lived above ground, it would be his sworn duty to rid the world of these evil creatures! Three of them would be no match for the Mechanist! Pausing only to briefly cou... Four of them would be no match for the Mechanist!

Levelling his laser pistol he took careful aim at the closest ghoul. Slowly releasing his breath he squeezed the trigger, landing a perfect shot on a nearby bottle. It would, naturally, not be heroic for him shoot an enemy, even one as vile as these, in the back. Once again the Mechanist took aim, preparing to make ghoul bits litter the metro tunnels. Seeing the monstrous creatures rapidly approaching he closed his eyes, purely to avoid sudden blindness due to the bright lasers, and repeatedly pulled his trigger. Flashes of red light lit up the darkness and feral screams echoed.

Opening his eyes again the Mechanist surveyed the carnage. Two of the ghouls were still closing in fast, seeming unharmed, with a third pulling itself along the ground as it's scorched legs dragging behind. The Mechanist quickly pulled out another energy cell for his pistol, struggling to reload before the ghouls were on top of him. He almost had it, just a second more, when the foul stench of the creatures reached his nostrils. One of the creatures jumped for him, it's claws outstretched, as his suit made a whirring noise that seemed to come from somewhere around the crotch.

Suddenly the tunnels lit up, nearly bright as day, when a massive flame enveloped the ghouls. Several green bolts followed as two burning bodies and a puddle of goo fell to the floor. The Mechanist reacted immediately, taking only a few seconds, to scan his surroundings but found only his companion, the Mister Gutsy, a clear testament to the awesomeness of robots.

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
Things were looking up for Marlon. After travelling with little incident save for a few damn fool raiders dim enough to attack a car with lasers mounted on it, he'd made his way to the Capital Wasteland and the town of Megaton. Promising little town.

He'd brought the car a little ways inside the gates. The sheriff hadn't been especially impressed by that, but he'd managed to talk him around after a while. Besides, strictly speaking he was here on trader business. Heavily armed yes, but trader business nonetheless. Either way, he'd be gone in a few days tops. This seemed satisfactory to the man with the big hat, so Marlon had since gone for a wander about town and turned his attention to business and pleasure, in that order.

On the business side of things, he'd found a few potential candidates for involvement in the business if the family decided to open a Megaton branch. Colin Moriarty seemed ideal. Reasonably cunning, more than a little mean and just ethically dubious enough to be alright with selling things that could make people disappear.

One of his patrons also, a man named Jericho. He was a possibility for some muscle. Granted a small possibility, but the guy was crazy mean. The family could use someone like that. An ex-raider too. Marlon was actually impressed. You don't see many people living long enough to retire from that line of work. If you could call it work.

The final candidate, though in Marlon's opinion, less likely than even the old ex-raider, was a mad tinkerer type named Moira Brown. While she seemed like she'd be more than decent at putting things together and maintaining merchandise, the downside was that insofar as Marlon could tell, she was simply madder than a bag of bloatflies. Maybe she'd be a customer instead though. She did seem enthusiastic about disintergration.

And finally pleasure, which was taking the form of food, booze and radio music at Moriarty's. Today was a good day!

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
"Agreed." Said William, a corpse would attract all sorts of undesirable animals as well as give off a foul stench. Tom Nevets knew his stuff.

The campsite was small and inconspicuous. It would not easily be seen from the road and the nocturnal residents of the wasteland were unlikely to venture near. 'Is this ok? I only met the man today and now I must trust him not to kill me in the night.' But William knew he had no choice, to continue on into the night would be suicide, he would barely be able to see the road, probably crash and maybe die, besides he would be heard for miles. Also, he knew he must learn to trust again. 'After Anver.' William stared as contemplatively as one could at a water bottle, remembering the faces of those that had been lost. Finally, feeling a little glum, he spoke up, "I know what you said about staying away from the Enclave and the Brotherhood, but I think I want to know what is going on. This Enclave thing has piqued my curiosity and I don't think I can let this be. But that may be a discussion for tomorrow." William took out the one thing he had kept from the raiders pack, a bottle of Whiskey, taking a careful sip and offering the bottle to Tom Nevets, "Do you want some?"

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
Flash looked at the ground and attempted to pick up his bladed gauntlet. The second his fingers touched it the gauntlet burst into flames. He pulled his hand back and shrugged. He looked up and noticed a raider...and another..and another...and another he span around and noticed he was surrounded by a dozen raiders in various armors holding bats, chains, and batons. "Backaway now and you will be left unharmed," Flash yelled lowering his hand from his ribs. The raiders burst into laughter and, in the case of a few of them, tears from laughing so hard.
The tallest one said, "Come on guys lets get him." They all sprinted towards him with their weapons. Barry slugged one with his right hand knocking him down. He felt a sudden sharp pain from a baseball bat cracking against his back. The armor saved him from a broken back. He turned around and slugged the other one. Then he took several simultanious strikes and crumpled to the ground. Blood leaked out of his mouth and the condition of his ribs worsened. They pulled Flash's bag of supplies off of him and walked away not bothering to avoid stepping on him. The tallest one spoke up again, "Wait, let's strap him to our brahmin as a sign not to mess with us." The other raiders nodded and dragged his body to the brahmin and threw him on top before they tied him tightly to the top of it.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
After having eaten his first meal in days, Crawver led Udders towards the back of the town, where they set up camp and slept, both of them completely shattered.

When he awoke again, it was morning. The townsfolk had just left him alone. It was almost a little trick of his, just sleeping in a dark corner, and he'll always be left alone. He stretched, yawning. His whiskers twitched slightly. It had been a while since he felt this good, with food in his stomach, and a good nights sleep, even if it was on the floor.

He decided it was best to let Udders sleep. It was her who had done all the work of getting here anyway. Pulling himself up, he began to waddle along the street. Whereas before no-one had the nerve to talk to him, this time someone yelled at him. The doctor swung his head to locate the unknown person.

"Hey, hey you. Hold on a sec." An aging man ran up to him. He seemed to be experienced, yet welcoming. Crawver reckoned he might be the towns leader.

"What are you? What are you doing here?" By this point in his life, the walrus had gotten so used to this question that he almost drifted off into a trance as he answered.

"I'm no threat, if that is your main concern. I'm a doctor by trade, and am just looking for a place to live. That should be all that concerns you." Unlike his normal speech, this one phrase was practiced so much that the stranger understood what he said immediately. He did however raise his eyebrow once Crawver had finished.

"Oh, really? A doctor? If you say so. You don't seem to be violent at least, so I'll take you at your word, but don't think the town will be too accepting of you. We only just got rid of one...unusual resident, I don't think we're going to be wanting another." Crawvers whiskers drooped slightly. He hadn't raised his hopes up much, but he'd be lying if he said he didn't want to live here. Though he would be willing to live anywhere that would accept him.

"well, thank you for telling me that at least. I won't take up any more of your time." The walrus turned began to make his way back to Udders. He felt a hand upon his shoulder.

"Look, I don't know what you are, and I'll be lying if I said that doesn't unsettle me, but you're welcome to stay around town a little, engage in some trading if you want. I'll make sure no-one bothers you, as long as you keep your nose clean."

The walrus did smile a little at this.

TheBlueShotgun0

Dec 20, 2011
"Oh, no thanks." Tom said, turning down the whiskey. "I don't drink." I can leave that duty to Steven. he thought glumly to himself. He hated that he didn't always have control over himself, that he had to share his own body with another person, especially someone like Steven Mots.

Snapping out of these thoughts, Tom realized how much more comfortable they'd be with a fire. "You got a lighter or anything? I have some food in my bag, but I'd hate to offer you raw potatoes and cold beans." A gust of wind blew, giving Tom goosebumps along his arms. "Besides, it's getting a bit chilly."

Tom couldn't help but notice how reserved William seemed. The man was clearly not used to trusting others. The wasteland can do that to a person, among other things. Tom thought. He didn't take it as an insult, but he would have to be sure William didn't put a knife in his back over night from simple paranoia.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
OOC: In no particular order...

IC>>>>>

Yes, it seemed like Dr. Crawver finally found some refuge and indeed some salvation, no troubles for the time being and no hunger to worry about for him or Udders. Yet...was he aware that he was being followed by a strange half-crippled man who proclaimed him to be a catfish? Let it be known that while the reports on Uriah Abraham St. John are very VERY hard to follow sometimes, there ain't no other Brahmin-mounting creature close to catfish than Dr. Crawver, being at least a being made from the Irradiated Walrex. Nevertheless, they would have a visitor in the night, surely. A stranger with a special and wild alcoholic concoction that does...things to people. And to walruses? We shall see.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Barry was in a bad fix, strapped over the back of a Brahmin by a bunch off raiders. That, fellow wastelanders, is the shits. Poor man thinks he's a superhero and tries to do good, but he ends up clubbed and beaten all over. Terrible thing. Well, fortunately for our boy, Barry, his karma was about to pay off a little. Just a little. There was a sound from up above, rotors spinning rapidly. By now, half the bloody wasteland had to know the sound of a Vertibird coming. Little or no cover to be found, the machine was upon them, turning in their path, and plasma and laser at most of the men. They actually did not kill the Brahmin or its occupant, and in fact when it landed the few soldiers who climbed out merely gunned down the remaining raiders before approaching the beast. Thus, there was commentary...

#43: And now, meat's back on the menu, boys!

#57: That's good, 'cause I haven't had a juicey steak in weeks.

#109: Someone's on top of that thing, tied. Living or dead?

They approached and checked him out.

#57: Living. Shall I end him?

#43: No wait, I'll handle this.

Barry would be poked and prodded until he awoke to find three black powersuits - LIKE THE POSTER!! - staring at him.

#43: Uncle Sam wants YOU to give us that walking steak you're riding as a down-payment for the saving-your-ass tax. No charge for a'cuttin' ya down first!

Clearly, though high in equipment, there wasn't much in the way of meat back at the base.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Do you want some?"

"I'll have a taste."

What the- Hello... That rough and grating voice you just heard belonged to a ghoul. Apparently, during their engrossing conversation, such a ghoul with tattered leather clothing and such spotted him and came in closer, until now he was in speaking range. He was, of course, something that looked like a walking corpse, but at least this particular ghoul didn't seem irked by two humans talking. He was armed with a sidearm, but it was in his holster, so no worries there.

"It's been a long fucking walk. You're Knight, right? Boss described ya well enough. Gots a message."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The situation between Lucy and Vikki had looked to be alright UNTIL...an armored BoS man walked in on them and held his own Gauss weapon at ready, interrogating about the rifle in Lucy's hands. Isaac Black and his daughter may've been known around the Underworld will enough, but were those jokes just jokes or...what? This particular instance was being watched from a distance. By what? By something metal that floats, something that keeps and EYE on things, but will defend itself if necessary. And why? Because the Eyebot was programmed to look at things of relevant interest, like Steel-clad armors. And Frank Rose NEVER seemed to take his off. Big target.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GNR: ...well, there hasn't been a break-in since that day, but we're all on the lookout for the birds in the sky, children, and so far the talk is none too pleasant. The Enclave have been droppin' their posters all over the place, randomly having shoot-outs with mutants and raiders, and randomly patrolling the wasteland for...well, yur guess is as good as mine. But with signs of melted people burned-out wreckages, I'm not holdin' my breath for a peaceful co-existence. The worst part of it is...the silence. Enclave haven't had an open transmission since the one and that's spookier than the old Eden days...

Moriarty's was, of course, listening up to GNR while they ate, drank, and did whatever else. They treated Marlon well enough too. There was, however, a brief disruption of the signal as the sound of a Vertibird passing overhead could be heard. A moment later, Lucas Simms was walking into the bar with a poster in hand.

Sheriff: They're doin' it again, I see. Trying to get people on their side when we know they're shit. I'd rather worship the bomb

Moriarty: Can't be as bad as when the youngin' was here. S'not like they've tried to takeover the wastes, at least not yet.

Sheriff: They will. Just you w-

Suddenly, there was a voice from outside going "Hey, there's a super mutant out there!". The Sheriff walked out. Why in the hell were they bothering him about one super mutant? One and only one? I mean, unless it was a Behemoth - and they would've SAID - it wasn't worth bothering him about it. Upon reaching the wall, though, he could see why it was a problem. There'd been rumors of alot of dazed and weirded-out mutants lately. Something was wrong with 'em. There'd been rumors about mutants and Project Purity. Was this...?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[HEADING=2]BOOOOMMM!!![/HEADING]

Somewhere in a nearby tunnel, a loud explosion was heard and a whole in the tunnel actually formed from it, revealing the contents. Trashy metro station room, getting trashier by the moment. The loud boom had sounded similar to a Fat-Man round, but that was not what had flung the doom-blast. A cursory examination would reveal that in this room, there were alot of feral ghouls, and alot of them were now dead. The reason?

"Communism is a lie! Democracy is truth!"

A humanoid robot of unknown design was soundly trouncing them with ray-beam eyes, thrown mini-nukes, and his fighting skill. Feral ghouls style was to run at the enemy and lunge at him with all speed, trying to rip 'em apart, usually. This was having little or no effect on the robot that could zap them dead or punch them hard enough to rupture skulls. And then, when several ghouls tackled him from behind, failing to do more than make him lurch, he he started to kick and elbow them away...

"Communist attack from behind! Chances of success..."

...picked the last one up to to hold it over his head and...

RRRIIIIPP!!!

"...ZERO!!"

Next Issue: Mechanist Meets Liberty Minor!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After Rex's new master spoke to him, there'd be a wild dog howling from a distance. This was, of course, understandable by Rex, not Brandon. It said...'For a good time, call'...what?! No! What were these wild critters thinking?! None of them appeared to want to attack, though. However, further 'conversations' proved slightly more enlightening.

'Hey, what are those black things over there?'

'Oh, I see that! Smells funny...'

'They make the heavy sound and the big flash! Run!'

Yes, there was...off in the distance, a three man patrol of some sort. Black things? Funny smell? Big flash? Aha! Enclave troopers... Not precisely heading this way, but they could find themselves looking this way if their attention was drawn.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No sooner had Cass removed said bullets than...

"MAAACAAAVOOOYY!!! Wheerrre aaarrre yyyoooouuu...?!"

Yeeks! That deep voice, that loud strut from downstairs, that sound of the last-surviving house guard panicking before a silencing gurgle! That had to be a super mutant! A super mutant that sounded...admittedly drunk right now. And quite burly. Should we tell him now or let him figure it out for himself?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Poor Dudley, stuck waiting 'cause he can't abandon his vehicle. In the confusion ofthe moment, he didn't exactly see them coming, but fortune was on his side today, as they were not the violent sort. Well, not unless so given the inclination to. You know how it is. So, when a rough voice began to address him...

"I say! You appear to be having a spot of trouble. Vehicle playing up, is it?"

Oh my god! Morgan Bloom! A ghoul with a nice suit, top hat, monocle, and gentleman's cane stood nearby now, with at least half a dozen well-armed men flanking him on either side and back. He looked over to one of his guards.

"Do inquire as to when the marketplace is open. I have alot of business to take care of today and little time to do it."

Now, his attention returned to Dudley.

"These wastelands can be terrible for a man smooth of skin sometimes, but life carries on, or so they say!"

The Vertibrd was headed due north.

#122: So, what are we going after again?

#44: Eyebots that haven't been wrecked by Deathclaws last reported some kind of settlement declaring independence up here, called 'The Republic of Dave'. Stupid shit of a 'Last Man on Earth' scenario.

#86: I wonder... Would you mind if I tried something?

They just shrugged at this. Soon, the Vertibird was coming in for a landing and three troopers approached on foot, plasma rifles on their backs, not on their hands. They stood outside the fence and declared that they must speak to Dave on an important matter of world-impacting importance. Naturally, Dave was falling for it. Of course, the landing of a Vertibird could scarcely be ignored by their guest (Sully).

The man Michael found was Fishspear, of course, so unless our pale fellow wants to do anything to him, this meeting would be innocent enough, except...

Underworld is just choking with ghouls. Wasn't there some talk of this insanely-rich and well-protected ghoul of some great influence? Someone like that would know how to find the BoS, who in there to talk to, and what palms to grease to get what's needed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Heeey...! After a fair bit of examination, Gig managed to find a cave which lead indeed to the entrance to a vault. He found it because of a dead body, badly decayed, that had been outside of said cave. The door appeared to be shut...and yet operational, but...there was one small issue. Old blood stains were on the door, writing out a single message...

DONT

Wasn't this Vault abandoned? Maybe something had moved in? Maybe it was irradiated? Maybe...something else? I guess we'll never know, because you're going to guard it! Right? The nice big button to open the door? The shiny...candy-like red button? Well, only Gig can speak for Gig.

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
Marlon looked at the poster and whistled. "Enclave huh? Haven't heard much about them for a while. What is this? They running out of goons in whatever hideyhole they've been lurkin' in?"

He frowned a moment and downed the rest of his drink, dropping the caps on the bar. "Back in a bit, I wanna make sure this mutant freak doesn't get anywhere near my ride."

He stood up and followed the sheriff outside, one hand resting on his plasma pistol, just in case.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Fishspear had been to underworld on occasion. The ghouls didn't really seem to like much though, so it was very much like every other settlement in that respect. The Brotherhood of Steel though, that was a very different story. Fishspear certainly knew who they were but finding them...he suspected he used to know where they were but that knowledge was long gone.

He opened his mouth to respond and...the words simply wouldn't come. He couldn't explain it and everytime he tried he was just on the verge of speech but he couldn't follow through. It was no surprise but everytime was just as dissapointing as the first. It didn't help that he'd been alone so long that he hadn't even thought about it for the longest time. He shut his mouth and hung his head.

Looking back towards the stranger he pointed at himself, put his arms in a cross formation and then had his hand open and shut a few times like a talking mouth. Meetings like this were always quite difficult. He waited for a response seeing as how it was much easier if others did the talking.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Two mutated dogs shot past the cave, howling in confusion and terror. Rex caught some of the intonation.

"...heavy..."

"...light..."

"...loud..."

"...run..."

Dogs aren't really the best conversationalists. Rex cocked his head and listened for the "loud".

thump

The sky nearby lit slightly. Rex had seen this before, the armored people carried things that did this!

Thus, there were armored people. Brandon was armored. Thus, the armored men were likely friends of Brandon. Perfect logic.

Rex began to howl wildly, hoping to attract the attention of the people who made the bang.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
-EDITOR'S JOURNAL-

Abe has roused me from the first good, deathly sleep in weeks, "big tiger! He's here! He's here! ohhh can't slip by ol' Uriah Abraham oh no oh no oh no no oh! Got mah pole n' got mah hook, the fishies is bitin!" It's the first time he's talked to me directly since the truckstop; he seems not to be feeling the 'heavy' in his leg.

He has neither pole nor hook, just his crutch, but he's taken a bottle of 'shine from the crate, it's unclear how he intends to use it.

Later (notes)

Not a catfish, but truth stranger than fiction, more to follow in report.