The REALLY Wild Wasteland. (The Fallout RP!)

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I'm gonna say this to you just once, to the both of you. Not here. You are not bringing this Brahmin shit to my door and expecting me to get digging. You want access to Megaton? You'd better be calm and peaceful, not carrying on as you are now. I'm going to let you two get on with your business, so long as it isn't the business of killing each other, and if I hear anything about one of you being dead even FAR from here, I will find the other and make sure justice is served, where applicable. Is that clear?
Frank decided to pitch in with moving the mutant.
"You're making a mistake Simms; if he sets up shop here, people will get vaporized, the raiders will be better armed, the Brotherhood won't want to bring you water, and the Outcasts will murder everyone they can to get to this guy."
Frank had no intention of killing the asshole, he just intended to leave him excessively roughed up, confiscating his stock, and sending a message to the folks out west not to start shit.
"Do you really want to put your son through that?"
As Frank helped haul the mutant, he "accidentally" bumped into the Van Graff's car, denting the door.
"You can prevent another Moriarty here."

Contradiction

May 20, 2009
Oh, COME ON!
He'd tried to scout the Capital wasteland but instead got corralled into a tiny republic
He'd tried to sucker Dave out of food and ended up in service to him.
He'd tried to warn of the Enclave and save the republic... and got their leader killed
He'd tried to get the civilians to safety and now some crazy was firing blindly into their bunks.

Sully kinda hated DC but as long as this new beetle was firing chances were he wouldn't be living here long. Well with the vertibird defending the skies there wasn't anywhere for him to run... besides... wasn't all this to help Dave's people in the first place? Bob would still have a weapon with him... maybe an assault rifle, maybe a pistol nothing that could dent the shoulder of the angular dark armour that the chameleon was wearing. Right... okay. Killing him wasn't going to ever actually happen. New plan, don't die... yet. Thinking as quickly as one can while barreling through the air and rolling around the corner of the rusty boys dorm his mind turned to the uzis.

Somehow if the vengeful Gods that had toyed with him this long willed it, might just be able to disarm him. Swinging out from around the corner and emptying an entire clip he managed to with all but one of the eight rounds the last deflecting harmlessly off his chest.

'Oh God damn it'

Heart beating faster than he had felt in years he pressed up against the wall hefting his bat preparing himself to make a final maddening swipe at at the uzis before he was surely ended. The shots finished leaving Sully just slightly aware of the sizzling noise made by the melted holes that the few penetrating sections of plasma left. Toying with the thought of breaking cover to grab the unfired plasma rife his first, victim he supposed, had left main building he heard another a rush of wind and a heavy clank. He stayed perfectly still resisting the urge to pop around the corner.

clank clank clank...

'No fucking way'

He leapt back from the wall eyes peeled open wildly rolling about as his head wheeled up to stare at the beetle on the roof now simply a black figure against the noon-sun. 'I don't expect you to beg, but strugglings fine. You've ruined all the fun here anyway...' it offered in a lilting voice putting the uzis away and instead retrieving the sniper rifle from its back.

Struggling may not have been very high on his list but running was rising steadily. Not that running would help him to keep breathing as much as it would satisfy his need to act.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Rex had seemed a bit annoyed during their trip. Brandon had wondered why, when he turned around to look at Rex he found out why. He saw what was left of an eye bot and Rex happily sitting next to the scrap with an laser gun in his mouth. Brandon was worried that he hadn't picked up on their little follower, still Rex had. Brandon walked over to Rex done with looting the corpses, he petted Rex. "Rex you are a very good boy, that flying things was from the enclave. You know the men with black armor? The eye bot." Brandon pointed at the scrap. "The eye bot was their friend, the eye bot was our enemy. So you did an very good job." Brandon grabbed the laser gun out of Rex mouth. It looked to be in a very good state, Brandon put it in his backpack. Brandon petted Rex some more, Brandon then stood up looking around that was when he saw it.

Brandon saw it in the distance an car heading their way. Might as well try my new eye out. Brandon's eye activated and he could see the car and the men in great detail, he also saw an mutant with four legs?! Then his eye overloaded and he had to go back to his normal vision. Brandon was a bit surprised by this turn of events, he looked at Rex. "Let's see what is happening there Rex." Brandon walked forward an bit remaining hidden behind a couple of rocks. He grabbed an small part of an broken mirror and shined into the super mutant eye, getting his attention, Brandon made an signal that the super mutant had to go to him. In an likelihood those were a couple of raiders hunting down an super mutant. While most super mutants were hostile some of them weren't, Brandon trusted the super mutant more then the raiders.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Just when she thought she could catch a break, Cassie got even for fucked than before. The sniper bullet missed the mutants head completely, and the flesh that was hit didnt seem to phase him. The Big bastard had jumped through the floor, and was pulling at her leg.

Shiiit. At least aiming wont be as much of a problem.

Cassie threw down the rifle and drew both of her magnums. She stuck one on the mutants big green forehead, and the other pressed against his mouth. She emptied both guns into his head as he pulled her down to the first floor. Somewhere between the lead getting cozy with the creature madula, and the impact of the fall, Cassie's leg was free.

She ignored her aching skull and pulled herself up to her feet and ran for the exit as quick as she could. There was no telling if that thing was really dead, and this building was coming down regardless.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"Rex... very good boy... black armor?... eye bot." Brandon pointed at the scrap. "... eye bot... their friend... eye bot... our enemy... very good." Brandon took the shiny thing and put it in his backpack. It looked like a gun of some kind, but it was different than any gun Rex had ever seen.

Brandon suddenly turned and looked into the distance. Rex couldn't see anything. At this point, he was ure that humans simply saw better than dogs. Brandon then turned to him. "...Rex."

Huh?

Brandon walked forward a little bit. Curious, Rex followed him. Brandon then pulled a piece of shiny glass out of his bag and held it at an odd angle, then he made waved his arms.

Wha?

About five seconds later, a super mutant entered Rex's field of view, bounding along on four legs.

GAH?!?!?!?

A second later, a loud angry sounding thing entered Rex's view, spewing a grinding noise and angry words Rex did not understand.

...wat.

The things that Rex did not understand were barreling down on him and Brandon. They'd be there within twenty seconds, give or take Rex hid behind Brandon's legs, trying to sort out what the hell he was looking at.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
"I dunno," Vikki replies simply to Lucy's question, "he kept saying he wanted to make us normal again?"

"Me and some of my cousins were experiments for him, most of them died, I ended up like this," she waves halfheartedly at herself, "I want to find him and make him fix me," she growls, her face showing anger temporarily before Lucy's next retort about Frank and his rival, which makes her begin to laugh.

Watching the sheriff talking the two men into being calm and begin to lift the new mutant into Megaton, a small thought popped into her head, "does this mean I'm allowed in too? I know that ones dead," she mutters, pointing to the Duper-Mutant, "but can I? I won't hurt anyone!" she beams, almost pleading with Lucy in tone.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Lucy listened to Vikki's brief story about the experiments on super-mutants. It explained a lot about Vikki's appearance, but left so many questions about this scientist, using people for experiments was a little in the grey area of morality, especially if this guy had good intentions.

She caught Vikki's brief flash of anger before making her 'dick-waving' speech in order to make her laugh.

"I'm really sorry to hear that you had to experience such a nightmare, your cousins are in my thoughts." She said softly and put her arm around her friend "I say we find this 'Doc' and make the bastard right his wrongs." Lucy said with a flash of venom in her voice "Personally, you have a good heart and you're kind, so I don't think you need any fixing" she said with a smile.

Lucy noticed that Lucas Simm's finally put a stop to the bickering. Although she did have 50 caps on Frank. She had bet with the ghoul...he was betting that a mole-rat kill Frank. This bet wasn't rigged at all.

Lucas Simms tilted his hat and nodded at Lucy, she replied with a nod and a short wave.

The guys had begun to lift the 'duper-mutant' towards Megaton.

Lucy noticed Vikki getting all flustered about entrance. She held her expression in a cold stare, shaking her head slowly side-to-side. Raising her Gauss Rifle slowly...

She couldn't keep this up for long and snorted with laughter. "I'm sorry! I couldn't resist! It's ok! I don't know if you noticed the sheriff's nod towards me, but I'm pretty welcomed here. You're with me, so you'll be fine." she said in a cheery tone. "Besides, I want to check in with Moira and give her a hot potato for discount, hopefully she'll still have my extra mattress and the spare for when I used to sleep there."

She hauled the ghoul over her shoulder and made her way towards the Megaton entrance with Vikki at her side, ready to use the ghoul as a makeshift sledgehammer if anyone gives her any trouble.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
The walrus flailed around, desperately trying to communicate that he meant no harm, that whatever happened was a huge misunderstanding. Unfortunately, all that everyone else heard was 'WAARRAAUUGHH!'

He was now staring down the barrel of the gun of the head of the mob. Crawver took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. They hadn't shot him yet, so there might be hope. Just need to talk his way out. He spoke as clearly as he could muster.

"Don't shoot, I mean no harm. I'm a doctor."

Success, the leader lowered his gun slightly. Not out of the woods yet, but better than nothing.

"Then why'd you go and destroy half the tents you stupid animal!?" 'Stay calm. Stay calm. He has all right to be angry, and he's the one with a gun.' the walrus thought to himself.

"I don't know what happened, I lost control of myself. I'll move on now and never return, if that's what it takes. Just let me get my things and I'll be off."

The doctor began shuffling himself upwards. His head was pounding hard, and he really didn't want to have to go now, but if it meant keeping a bullet out of his head, he'd pay that price.

'...why hasn't he moved his gun away from me'

"Not so fast animal. You did a lot of damage. You're going to have to pay it back." Crawver started sweating really badly now.

"Ah...about that, I do have some caps...but...not that many..." he trailed off. Was he really going to be executed here?

Suddenly voice rang out from inside the diner

"Excuse me, did you say you were a doctor?"

(I know it's not ideal, but I might be able to hop back in sorta, making a post a day, so let's see if I can keep this ball rolling)

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Frank continued to help drag the mutant, snapping the side-mirror off of the Van Graff's car as he brushed against it.
After much hauling, they had made it to craterside.
"Hi there, want me to check out that not very jolly looking jolly green giant? There is definitely something off about him, and I'm not just talking about the fact that he's dead!"
This girl was clearly nuts, maybe Doc Hoff could prescribe her something to make her less so?

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
-EDITOR'S REPORT Pt.2-

This reporter has to admit, I've broken the critical rules of journalism more times than I'd like to admit; yes, I intervened, but times were desperate, and sense prevailing in these times is often followed by starvation, radiation poisoning, dying on your back stripped of everything but your bones, and explosive bowel evacuations. They broke the mould when the bombs dropped.

Perhaps it was unwise to draw the militia's attentions, more so when the younger ones were itching to fire off a few shots because they can't come or whatever, little bastards.
Of course it could have been a lie, a man has to lie to save his own hide; everyone expects it now, everyday conversation is a labyrinth of bluffs and double-bluffs, words are too heavy to throw about; at least without thinking. But there are exceptions...

Eyes suddenly lay heavy on me, but thankfully the weapons remained levelled at the seabeast.

What was I thinking? What on EARTH was I thinking? It's a Walrus! It doesn't even have opposeable thumbs! It's not a doctor. Couldn't be. Surely. Just a reaction to the mention of a doctor, maybe I thought the medical caravan had finally rolled in; thought is somewhat deficient under the conditions of desperation.

Why was I even desperate? It's Abe who needs medicine, not me. Perhaps I was becoming attached to my charge...not worth writing about at this time.

Abe continued to watch as 'Uncle' addressed me directly, "Now, now, don't be gettin' involved in matters that ain't your business; this beast flattened half our camp and half the folks stayin' there with it; we take care of our own in the Commons. Now I'll say it again, you ain't one of us, therefore it ain't your business."

I was effectively silenced, evidently courage didn't follow desperation; never has before, what reason did it have to now?

The militia returned their attention to the flailing beast; and 'Uncle' raised his hand, about to signal the firing squad. The hand would have dropped much faster if Abe hadn't limped out of the doorway, ranting.

"Ain't you boys ashamed?! If yer'd even spent one day, one damn day on the water, y'd know and know to God that y'don't muscle in on another man's kitch! Abe's been a week wi' his line in the water, waitin' for his catch, and you boys spear it right outta the water without a second's thinkin'?"

'Uncle' turned back to us, at least two gun barrels obliged to follow, guess he had all the control he needed.
"You with the suit? Didn't you hear what ah just said? Not your goddamn business, and I don't reckon it'd be wise of you to say anything more." A few clicks and shuffles behind him proved his seriousness and had the backup to prove it.

But Abe continued to shout himself hoarse, repeating his accusations again and again, interspersing them with, "the fishy owes me! HE OWES ME!"

'Uncle' ignored Abe, and raised his hand again, facing the Walrus, still pleading in a blubbery howl.

...and here's where I made another bad decision; yes, I intervened, but Abe...he wouldn't stop screaming, they had enough shot, they'd come for us next, no questions, and I wasn't going to lose this story, and I wasn't going to die for it either.

"Look, we can settle this! How much for the fish?"

"You ain't got the caps to save this baw, now this is yer last warning, shut the old man up and back off, we got more n' enough shot for you."

A wave of calm seemed to wash over Abe suddenly, and he seemed to be calculating as he spoke, "Naw, you boys don't wanna bunch o' old dirty bottle caps, Abe's got somethin' you boys'll like, if that's what I gotta do to get my catch back."

He motioned to me to fetch something from the diner, I knew what he meant. I brought out the remaining moonshine bottles, and placed them tentatively in front of the group.

'Uncle' looked from the bottles, to Abe, to the Walrus, and back again, "...the hell d'you think you're doin'? A goddamn mirelurk by any other name rolls into town and puts us all at fatal risk, and you think y'can just buy that off with some cheap bathtub gin?"

"Uncle! Wait!" a younger member of the group interrupted, at least his voice attested, the boy was weatherbeaten to all hell, "I thought I recognised somethin'! That's Uriah St. John! The brewdaddy, some call him; m'cousin in Kentucky wrote me about 'im, rumours is that he's found out how to brew whiskey! Not that irradiated pre-war piss, REAL whiskey! This stuff's gotta be worth it's weight in gold an' more!"

'Uncle' kept switching his glance, seemingly weighing up the situation; the Walrus had stopped moving, just stared with his flippers held up in surrender, the Brahmin finally stopped wailing, eyes flickered between the parties, the wind picked up, then fell.

"Fine, take the thing, but we're keeping the steer. Just make sure y'all get the HELL outta my town before we change our minds."

"NO! You'll not take Udders!"

It talks. Of course it talks. At least as much as it can.

"There's no meat on her! She's worth nothing to you! You shan't take my Brahmin, I won't let you!"

A shot rang out, and the creature wailed, but remained standing. Must be a fortunate thing, to have blubber in a place like the Wasteland.

The guns turned on us next, "You've got 'till sundown to leave, we'll find you if you don't."
Finally, the group dispersed into the town, darkening with the passing of noon, the Brahmin frantically shook it's head as it was lead away, the cowbell tones washing over the street.

Abe and I approached the seabeast, he with much less caution than I, as was to be expected.

"Well. ah finally got you, tiger. But, see, where I come from, folk operate on a fair trade. Abe's done given you a gift, n' threw y'back in the water, but see, now ah needs some'n from you; and if there's anythin' Abe need right now, it's a shot. It's mah ol' poor leg, y'see, it's gotten heavy..."

The walrus, still reeling from the shot, stared at Abe, bewildered; pretty much the same way I was staring at both. Finally, it opened it's mouth and something legible somehow emerged.

"Listen, I can help you, but...I'll need to get my Brahmin back."

-note-
Pt. 3 will be with you in a few days, we've got enough material for the next issue, right?

Ed.

Dr. Crawver

Nov 20, 2009
'They took Udders...'

The same thought just kept on playing through the doctors mind.

'They took my Udders. They shot me too, but priorities.'

The bullet had barely penetrated his blubber, and after removing the bullet with a pair of tweezers, he had given himself a stimpack shot to make sure he'd heal over alright. It's not like this was the first time he'd be shot.

He'd also picked up a couple of allies it seemed. He had no idea how long they'd stick around. The older one needed medical treatment, and fairly soon. Crawver would have already gone into surgery, were it not for the fact that most of his equipment was with Udders.

They may well have been allies of convenience, but the walrus wasn't going to look a gift brahmin in the mouth. After talking with the two for a while, it had become clear that it was Abe who had caused his...episode earlier. Fate's a *****.

The Dr eventually gave up talking to the older man, since he had the habit of calling him a catfish. The younger one however was much more receptive, even if he did flinch every time the walrus spoke.

They agreed that they'd wait until sundown, the time when they had to leave, to put their plan into action. Abe insisted that the townsfolk would have already started drinking the whiskey by then, so getting this done would be a lot easier.

They would leave as the town expected, but after only travelling a few hundred meters away, the younger human would sneak back over the rubble, and try to lead Udders back as quietly as possible.

Then Crawver could be a doctor again.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
William, Morgan Bloom and this newcomer had adjourned to the Weatherly Hotel for their joint meeting. William assumed it was because Bloom considered anything but the best to be intolerable. To be seen at the Muddy Rudder would be an affront to Bloom's pride.

Morgan Bloom was eloquently setting out his stall, a high paying job, very important, vital ramifications etc, etc (oh and did I mention a little bit of massive danger) Bloom had a habit of brushing the dangerous bits of a job description aside. Since Bloom was speaking predominantly to the newcomer William filtered out the conversation and began musing.

'How many people, how many corpses in the wasteland are only there because they took a job like this? A job with lots of danger that was barely mentioned. Put the word out that you're offering a high paying job and you'll get dozens of eager young fools looking to make their name and fortune, then you'll end up with a lot of corpses scattered around ruins and roads. Mention the danger and you'll get a few professionals and a job well done.'

William had known many an optimistic fool to march happily into danger and never return, blinded by the promises of riches. In fact, William had seen it in his own group of Anver refugees. At first they had all been rather naive. William was one of the few that had gone far from the town walls, yet that had always been with his ambassadors escort. Most of the towns fighters had died in its destruction and none of the survivors could spot danger easily. That had gotten people killed or wounded.

William decided to get the measure of the stranger at the table. He was a veritable giant with a build that made him look like he could go barefisted boxing with a super mutant and win, but for combat the man seemed to be the polar opposite of William, a huge minigun and an axe seemed to be his weapons of choice, large and powerful like their owner. The man had blonde hair and a great big beard which made him look all the more intimidating. Most raiders he knew would probably wet themselves to see this man approaching.

Bloom had managed to stop talking for a moment and William entered the conversation, "Well now, we appear to be at a disadvantage. The esteemed Mr Bloom knows both of us yet we do not know each other." He offered his hand across the table, "William Knight, how do you do?"

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
Marlon was none too pleased to note the repeated "accidental" damage to his property. That said though, he wasn't dumb enough to make a further scene about it, consoling himself with the notion that Simms wasn't stupid and would have noticed as well. So that way, if he said nothing, it'd just make Frank look a bit more petty.

When the tinplate goon looked like leaving though, Marlon was damn sure he was going to make sure he was standing by the car to make sure he did nothing further as he left.

Focusing more on the present though and Moira's query regarding the dead mutant, he replied with "I'm gonna guess the off part is the extra arm coming out of the gut."

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
Dudley settled into a surprisingly comfortable chair in the Weatherly Hotel after Bloom and the other guy decided upon moving there. He didn't mind, these chairs were a hell of a lot better than the crappy old bench he was sitting on when he first saw Bloom again, and he got to eyeball Vera in the process. A win-win, if he could say so himself.

He listened to Bloom speak of the job, stating that it'd be very dangerous, but also quite lucrative. He noticed that the other man seemed to be either unfazed at the thought of it, or just tuning out Bloom as he spoke. Dudley grinned and nodded when Bloom finished his proposal only to listen to the other guy speak up about the nature of merc work.

Dudley liked to consider himself an expert in the fine art of being hired muscle, so he'd be in no matter what the other man thought. He noticed that the smaller man was looking at him, as if studying him. He had eyes the shade of a mutant's skin, and hair like what was left of the fur of a Yao Guai. But he was surprisingly well-dressed and spoke quite properly and clearly, so Dudley was left to assume he was either wealthy or from out West somewhere.

Dudley cracked a small smirk at the sight of the Katana that he carried, and patted on the handle of his axe subconsciously, noting that he would have to have a heading contest with him sometime in the future. He let his eyes go half mast a little at the sight of the .45, being one to prefer heavy weapons, and even rifles over a small gun like that, but he figured he wasn't one to judge.

His eyebrows shot up a little when the man extended his hand out to Dudley, introducing himself as William. William Knight. His brother had a "pen pal" out west who was in the military named Knight, but he knew it was just a common last name. But anyway, he grinned wide and gripped William's hand and gave it a pump, not too hard, but firmly and friendly. "Dudley Sullivan's th' name! Nice'ta meet ya, Will."

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
-EDITOR'S REPORT Pt.3-

"Alright, fishy, you n' me, we got some'n 'twixt us now, don't you ferget it."

Abe retorted the beast's request with a breezy, rather than sinister, air; as if he was bartering over bait at the fishing lake. How he's going to call in a favour from a Walrus remains to be seen; it couldn't possibly be a doctor, surely not.

But it wasn't worth following in the slipstream of cynicism, not at that time, anyway. We resolved to retrieve the Brahmin; I continue to be unsure of the beast's motivations: cattle are a valuable commodity now more than ever, no one with any sense would let one go just like that, even at gunpoint, but the desperation in his rubbery, bleating voice spoke of other things. Either way, the steer had a pack with it. Nothing more need be said.

Dusk swung around conveniently quickly, a few lamps stayed on across the thoroughfare and inside the diner, but not enough to illuminate our activities. We had camped for that day in the courtyard outside the Commons, where the caravans set up, but none came. None spoke; Abe watched the Walrus, while he in turn watched the descent of the sun, I watched all three. I'm not sure I like being the sole concession to things that are normal.

At the apex of dusk, we advanced carefully into the town. No sound existed to mask ours, the gentle click of Abe's crutch, the suppressed grunting of the Walrus as it struggled to move on land. I had drawn the short straw for finding and retrieving the cow, being the only able-bodied being at hand; man and beast would lurk in the shadows, watching the diner.

There is little that can be said about the search, the town lay empty like a corpse, wind whistling through shattered windows, the standard deal for the wasteland. I found the Brahmin tethered outside a nondescript garage, I removed its cowbell and carefully muted the clapper with some crumpled paper, and slipped it into my pocket. The steer followed with little resistance, even remaining silent as we moved across town.

We reconvened with the walrus across the street from the diner, and he went about his reunion, whispering to it in a kindly voice and seeing to the pack.

Abe, however, hadn't waited there as we'd planned, and I noticed his shadow laid out before the diner. But nothing had reacted, it seemed the 'shine had defanged the militia in similar manner to the tender; glassy-eyed bodies were strewn across the booths and the bar.

Abe just stood at the window, watching nothing. After a while, he turned back, with a look of contemplation on his face. I decided not to question him; he had no reason to suddenly become
understandable now, and it was the last of that batch of 'shine.

So, at time of this report, we're wandering, once again. Myself, Abe, the Walrus and it's steer.

Sometimes I wonder if the sun has finally got to me.

Dr. Crawver

Nov 20, 2009
The doctor wrapped his flippers around the Brahmin. He had never truly been separated from her since he came across her as a starving calf. The thought of actually losing her was too much to bare. He had never been happier in his life than when the reporter reunited the two.

Now he was travelling along with his two companions, slowly trekking their way through the darkness. Crawver was checking through his packs to see just what medical supplies he had access to. The reporter seemed very suspicious when the walrus said he was a doctor, so he was going to prove him wrong. Not just for the challenge, but also because he felt he had a genuine debt to the pair.

After rummaging through all his packs, he had lost a fair few caps, and some of his more ubiquitous medical apparatus, but nothing too vital. Clearly the militia didn't know what to do with an endoscope, or a orthodolyoptros. They would have been hard to replace. Stimpacks however were common, and it wasn't like he was running low anyway.

His two new companions weren't overly talkative. Actually, one didn't seem to want to talk to him because he thought he wasn't real, and the other one made no sense. Crawver couldn't work out why, if Abe really did think him a catfish, why a catfish would be capable of understanding an agreement of trust, or would even bother.

They eventually found shelter for the night, little more than an empty cave. It took a good few hours to reach it, even with Abes' improved speed due to the painkillers. After a short meal, they all settled down to sleep. All but the walrus.

He knew he should ask, he knew he was overstepping a boundary, but he slipped some sedatives into Abes food while they ate. Once they were both asleep, he quickly prepared a small operating area, and dragged the old man to it as carefully as he could. Considering he was a walrus with flipperhands, it wasn't as smooth as he would have liked.

He turned on the small light he had, and pulled up some of his tools. With precision far beyond a creature like himself should have, he made an incision into the lame leg. After four hours of surgery, three bloodpacks, two super-stims and a metal rod, the doctor finally sewed up the leg, wrapping it in medical sheets and strapping a leg cast around it.

The leg was in terrible shape, and he did what he could. The operation wasn't as smooth as he would have liked it to be, and Abe did lose a lot of blood which Crawver had to react fast just to make sure he didn't go into shock, but he was happy with the result. He was certain that after a few days rest, he wouldn't even need the crutch. Would probably still walk with a limp for the rest of his life, but it's an improvement none the less. Crawver finally rested his head down, having his last thoughts for the day.

'Just have to hope the young one doesn't jump to conclusions.'

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Number One waited for Barry to finish talking first before chiming in.

"I...should point out that we DO have some individuals. They aren't superheroes like you still. They're... Ah, what's the term? Badass Normals. The Fallout Sector gains the right to be known by name because they've no fear of their identity being known. Now then-"

"Sir! A report from the field!"

The red-and-black powersuit looked at the interrupting soldier, not pleased at all. This was FUN and he was breaking flow!

"I'm a little busy here, you know. What is this?"

He looked at it, and then he turned it over and looked at it upside-down. This was due to the picture included.

"Soldier, why does that Super Mutant have tendrils?"

"We dunno, sir. Someone's doing weird shit over there."

"This is serious, and requires appropriate action. Send in Bob."

EVERYONE within earshot of that stopped what they were doing and glared.

"Bob, sir? You want it in that many pieces?"

"Couldn't hurt."

True enough, so the call was made to get Bob over here. Number One turned back to Barry now.

"I'm afraid I've taken too much time away from the work. Pressures of leadership and all that. You may get a ride back with FalloutBob."

As if on a cue, an Enclave hovercraft - an armored tankish machine with powerful engines, plasma turrets, and so on - came in and opened up to reveal a powersuited man with glowing-orange highlights on his black suit and...uhh...was that a Powered Claymore on his back? Nice.

FalloutBob: You rang, boss-man?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, he pulled out his sniper rifle. From this vantage point, he could hit just about anything, even if Sully fled. FalloutDavid loaded up, took aim, and...vanished! Oh shit. He was gonna really play god on this one, but not a merciful god. A smite-happy god. He even let out a "Mwa ha ha ha haaa!" type of villain laugh as he opened fire, almost not trying, but definitely putting it all scary-close to terrify the man. Sully would have to DO something to put this guy off. The Republic of Dave was too far from anything to use as cover from this guy...except...oh god no. No, that was suicide. Would he even make it if he tried? And if he did...what would happen if this soldier braved the Deathclaws anyway?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Uhhh, no Cass. He's dead. He's very dead. That there mutant's head was so badly gibbed that we officially award you the perk, Bloody Mess. Where you go from here is up to you, since your job's finished and the mutant's quite dead.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Somewhere...

Code:
B-34661 - FAILURE
Code:
B-23232 - FAILURE
"Aaaaarrrggghhh!! Dammit, I thought I had it by now! Why won't you just go with the flow already?!?!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Raiders were of an unfamiliar type, firing away at the mutant and getting increasingly agitated by the measure in which he was not dying. The mutant saw the light in his eye and went for it, though blinded by it. He still managed to dodge bullets and seemed to gloat about it [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbjiKIKzY3c]...right up until he bonked himself into the big rock. The car stopped and one of the raiders shouted.

"Heads! Dismount!"

They all got out and approached the four-legged mutant, now running in circles on the ground.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Damn, that was a helluva thing! We almost lost the walrus-doc and his faithful companion, and then our moonshine extraordinaire would have to go back to talking to himself (we hope). How these two became traveling companions was...well...completely nutzo, but fortunately this was the place for it. Well, where they were off to for now was up to them. However...it should be noted that appearing over a distant hill...was a red glow...that moved!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Morgan was rather pleased by this turn of events. William was such a trusted man and Dudley appeared both decent of character and even pleasant to deal with. It was, of course, HIGHLY dangerous...as he'd explained. The issue was very VERY simple, really. The Enclave being back in full swing, maybe even swinging faster than ever before, they had to be...dealt with. And in order to do that effectively, they would need information of the useful or even confidential kind. And how does one go about getting information like that? Infiltration. Get into the Enclave somehow and find out stuff, important findings on how to deal with them and what weaknesses their technology had. There must be something...

Morgan: May I assume then, that since neither of you has left in a fit, we may consider you up for the job? I will not ask how. Only that it is done, for us ghouls will surely never survive as long as the Enclave is in operation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You can prevent another Moriarty here."

This little speech from Frank only served to annoy for the moment, so he was going to let the Steel man understand him a little better.

Lucas: I AM thinking of my son here. Maybe you think you know something, but the long and the short of it is that I need to protect Megaton, and so if a man wants to start selling lasers here to the people that live here... Well, you may notice we don't exactly let raiders in here. Deputy Weld knows right off who's in and who's out. There is a plan in mind, boy. Don't think I won't do anything if I find raiders packing energy all of a sudden. In the meantime, it'll be good to arm the wastelanders against the wasteland.

No one stopped Lucy from coming into Megaton with Vikki. If Sheriff Simms wanted to hear about the 'Doc' business with the mutants, then that was that. But what made THIS...we dunno. Something weird, or someone... They took it in and set it down onto a table for Moira to see and hopefully get some answers and figure out what's wrong here.

"I'm gonna guess the off part is the extra arm coming out of the gut."

Moira: To say nothing of all the other hands. What else was he doing?

Lucas: Babbling and carrying on, and then he upended his stomach contents onto that man's car.

And we know that Marlon's not pleased by that. So, Moira began to give it a close examination when she noticed...

Moira: This mutant's degrading faster than any other I've had before me! Incredible...

Lucas: But...do we know anything?

Moira: It must have gone through excessive mutation. I don't mean just the usual super mutant business. I mean alot of radical changes or attempt at changes. I'd love to meet the machine that did this...

Massive mutations? Mutants going through more weird phases than they were allotted for? What was going on?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Rex peeked out from behind Brandon's legs. The four-legged mutant was still coming at them, as was the loud thing with the angry words. Rex stared for a few seconds, until the mutant ran head-long into a rock.

Ow.

The angry sounding object stopped behind it.

"...mount!"

Mount?

Rex had a vague idea what mounting was. When he had gone through his turbulent puberty at age two, Old Master had said "Stop mounting me!" whenever Rex had tried to play during one of those heated moments he had. Something about "not a *****" and "no puppies". Old Master had rambled a lot.

Applying this to the current situation, Rex concluded that the dirty men who were now piling out of the loud thing were all going to mount the mutant.

Rex couldn't help but wonder why they wanted to do this. Were they all two years old and have one of those moments where the heat suddenly rushed through their blood? It seemed like an odd thing to chase a mutant over. Rex had just used a rock at the time if needed.

Rex noticed Brandon running towards the mutant and men. Did he intend to mount the mutant as well?

But WHY?

Immensely puzzled, Rex trotted after Brandon.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Lucy strolled, or rather grudgingly walked with the extra burden of a ghoul over one shoulder and a duffel bag full of guns over the other.

"When did I become the community brahmin?" She muttered as she walked down the slope that lead to Doc Church.

Lucy glanced at the men hauling the corpse of the deceased Duper Mutant over to Moira's. "I'm much more interested in THAT!" she whined.

Knocking on the door and entering the good Doctor's shack, she was greeted with his usual charm. "Oh look, Miss Black, here to complain about another mole-rat bite?"

"That was ONE time, Doc! You're never going to let me live that down, are you?" Lucy glared

Unphased by her attempt at intimidation "No. So suck it up, you big baby. So I'm assuming the unconscious ghoul is my patient today." he sighed "Bring him to the table in the back."

Lucy laid the ghoul on the table and backed away while the Doctor did his preliminary examinations "Recent trauma to the head, breathing and pulse is steady, body suggests he's malnourished and it's safe to say that he is fatigued. What happened, where did you find him?"

"I found him tied up in the bathroom at the Super-Duper Mart. Surrounded by jet, I think the raiders there were using him for entertainment. I cut him loose and he just went...batshit-bonkers. He was mumbling, his behaviour was unpredictable and when he got physical...I lightly bonked him on the head."

"This is no bonk on the head, Lucy" he said while raising an eyebrow in the process.

"He seemed like a danger to himself and others, I was ensuring his safety." Lucy rationalized

"Mmhmm, your solution to most problems are to either hit it in the head or shoot it in the head. Anyway, I'm going to have to keep him overnight for observation, get his wounds cleaned up and I'll let you know when he's awake. This is gonna cost you." He said expectantly

"What? Who was the one who fixed the leaky pipes, the lock on your door and made sure your equipment was still running, in my spare time,by the way?"

"Alright! You're giving me a headache! This is the last favour, understand me?" he replied "Where will you be staying?"

"Yeah yeah. Probably at Moira's, if she has that spare mattress and hopefully an extra one for my friend here."

"Fine. Now get out of here before I reconsider making you pay for this." he barked

Lucy mockingly bowed "And a good day to you too, sir...May your evening be filled with-" her sentence was cut short when she dodged a thrown bone-saw and ducked out of the shack.

"Lovely man, never fails to impress those with his dashing charm" Lucy commented to Vikki.

Pointing up and speaking to Vikki "Let's go up to the Craterside Supply, I mentioned Moira Brown to you, hopefully she'll still take me in and if I give her two bottlecap mines, she'll probably take you in as well...just don't volunteer for ANY experiments."

"Plus I really want to see what's up with that 'Duper Mutant' thingy" she grew a little enthusiastic, feeling considerably lighter, they both made their way up to the Craterside Supply, entering through the door to discover Moira, Frank, the unknown laser weapon guy and Lucas Simms all huddled around the corpse.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
"Dangerous? When you said dangerous I expected guns, bullets, explosions and confusion. Much like the time you employed me to take down that Robobrain that thought all Ghouls were zombies and the apocalypse had come. This is....... ok fine I'm in. I also want to know what the Enclave is up to."

William paused and chose his next words carefully, when he spoke he did so in a quieter voice, "How are we going to do this? We could track them back to their base, those Vertibirds they fly must land somewhere. Somebody must know where they're coming from and where they're going. The Brotherhood of Steel perhaps. They might have been tracking the Enclave back to their base. We could find it and try to sneak in.

Alternatively we get ourselves noticed by the Enclave so they want to recruit us. That would get us into their base easily enough, but getting access to the information and getting out would be difficult." William looked at Dudley and finished with: "What do you think about all this?"