The recent events at 4chan "love is ogre"

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
"Moot keeps his dosh"

But moot makes fuck all from 4chan. I've been visiting it for nearly 10 years and its basically always JUST been keeping its head above water financially .

The frequent users are internet savvy enough to have AdBlock on, so money has always been an issue with 4chan.
Besides, there was always a time when the newfags, redditfags and Tumblrtards would outnumber the oldfags.

Ragarnoy

May 8, 2014
DrWut said:
"Waging a war of cultural dominance"? Holy shit dude, talk about crackpots. 4chan has always been just a board without moderation. The reason you see 4chan-related things elsewhere is because people visit 4chan and spread that to other parts of the internet because THEY as an INDIVIDUAL they like it.

The fact that someone considers 4chan a united front fighting a cultural war is hilarious.

No wait, it's not, since their crackpot theories mean that now they need to shut it down, control it and moderate it because someone, somewhere on the internet is using words not on my Approved List.

Captcha: Snake eyes.
4chan always was moderated, and since the fappening all the mods have been replaced, the main narrative is that those mods are NORP or SJWs (prolly NORP).

Here Comes Tomorrow said:
"Moot keeps his dosh"

But moot makes fuck all from 4chan. I've been visiting it for nearly 10 years and its basically always JUST been keeping its head above water financially .

The frequent users are internet savvy enough to have AdBlock on, so money has always been an issue with 4chan.
Besides, there was always a time when the newfags, redditfags and Tumblrtards would outnumber the oldfags.
Since 4chan has been getting a Lot of traffic and the 4chan pass i highly doubt moot is having money issues.

You guys keep saying /pol/ is crazy, but if you actually went there (don't expect if you really want to) and saw how many "crazy theories" were actually found to be true (and thus "/pol/ was right") I don't think you would have the same speech.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
iTomes said:
Fieldy409 said:
The neverending saga of 4chan continues. They should turn this stuff into a novel. Maybe throw some hobbits and a ring in and make it really epic.
I wonder if 4chan would be the good or the bad guy in such a novel..
4chan is the bad guy who claims to be a good guy and that the good guys are bad guys claiming hes bad.

OR IS HE TELLING THE TRUTH? DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!!! DO YOU EVEN CARE? DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!!!

koichi

Sep 22, 2014
/pol/'s theory that the NSA (or at least one of their employees) was behind The Fappening seems at least plausible. The false flagging bit not so much.

I wonder if 4chan would be the good or the bad guy in such a novel..
4chan is rumored to be a secretive person off in the far reaches of the kingdom. However when the protagonist finds them they discover that 4chan is in fact several dozen people with a complex web of relationships and narrowly defined interests.

Impulse725

Sep 23, 2014
Since 4chan has been getting a Lot of traffic and the 4chan pass i highly doubt moot is having money issues.

You guys keep saying /pol/ is crazy, but if you actually went there (don't expect if you really want to) and saw how many "crazy theories" were actually found to be true (and thus "/pol/ was right") I don't think you would have the same speech.
Moot was 20 grand in the hole from 4 chan at one point, he evened out but I can't imagine it's suddenly super profitable.

Ragarnoy

May 8, 2014
Impulse725 said:

Moot was 20 grand in the hole from 4 chan at one point, he evened out but I can't imagine it's suddenly super profitable.
Well right now it's 920K a year pretty much.

BREAKING NEWS ON /pol/

APPARENTLY
the guy who made rantic also made heforshe.org, which was made IN JANUARY.

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
Xiado said:
4chan is done. The Fappening was probably an attack against it, a very clever false flag that came shortly after it started organizing against the current state of game journalism.
This is a joke, right?

Random Gamer

Sep 8, 2014
koichi said:
/pol/'s theory that the NSA (or at least one of their employees) was behind The Fappening seems at least plausible. The false flagging bit not so much.
Indeed, thinking the NSA organised all that just to destroy 4chan is ridiculous. They'd go right after moot, digging dirt on him - since they can do this against pretty much anyone -, and he'll just fold.
That there might be some fishy bits in the story of how the pics were all taken from icloud in a few days, on the other, sounds credible.

Soadreqm

Sep 24, 2014
koichi said:
Yeah, pretty much. I haven't seen any actual evidence of NSA involvement, of course, but it at least seems like something they'd have the resources to do. Having staged all of GamerGate, though? I don't really trust that they COULD have pulled that off, even if they'd wanted to.