The Results Are In: The Third Skullgirls DLC Character Is Eliza

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
The Results Are In: The Third Skullgirls DLC Character Is Eliza

If you're bummed that your choice didn't make it, there is still one more upcoming fan vote for the second mystery DLC character.

Despite PayPal putting a hold [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123465-PayPal-Halts-Crowdfunding-Payments-To-Skullgirls-Dev] on its crowdfunding payments, developer Lab Zero is still determined to continue the development of new Skullgirls DLC characters, revealing the results of the first mystery character's fan vote. Meet Eliza, an Egyptian-themed fighter with a couple of burly bodyguards and the trademark Skullgirls "breasts-that-are-bigger-than-her-head."

She'll be joining Squiggly, Robo-fortune, and Big Band, along with a second mystery character, as new DLC characters for the game. If you are bummed that your choice wasn't voted for, fear not! You still have one more chance to vote for your character of choice, as a second fan vote will soon be held to determine the second mystery character. You can see all the possible choices in the gallery bellow.

My vote for the second mystery character goes towards Andy, because a) having another male character in their roster alongside Big Band may help the developer distance itself from those earlier cries of sexism [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114581-Skullgirls-Dev-Dismisses-Cries-of-Sexism], and b) he's a freaking anvil with legs and boxing gloves! How can you not vote for him?

[gallery=1470]

Lab Zero have been entirely transparent throughout this whole development process. Keeping an eye on its IndieGoGo page [http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing?c=activity] will reward you with constant updates, showcasing streams and concept art of work-in-progress on the DLC characters and their stages.

Squiggly, along with the PC version of the game should be arriving in July. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122926-Update-Skullgirls-First-DLC-Character-And-PC-Version-Arrives-in-July] Lab Zero intends to let players beta test the new characters on PC first, so if you are itching to get your hands on the five new DLC characters, picking up a PC version of the game will be your best bet.

Source: IndieGoGo [http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing?c=activity]

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I actually don't want to see Andy, because he is an extension of Peacock's powers and him acting on his own or fighting would just open up massive plot holes.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Not the character I voted for, but I'm still glad that we're going to have more characters to choose from in Skullgirls.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Not G. Ivingname said:
I actually don't want to see Andy, because he is an extension of Peacock's powers and him acting on his own or fighting would just open up massive plot holes.
I kind of feel that way about Brain Drain and the like. I think he would make an awesome character, but it just doesn't feel...right. Brain Drain doesn't seem like a fighter as far as the plot goes.

Edit: Stanley is still the best.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
he's a freaking anvil with legs and boxing gloves! How can you not vote for him?
Because Stanley is a f-cking shark. He's an implanted laser beam away from being the greatest thing that ever lived. And if the lab coat is any indication, it's only a matter of time before he gets that laserbeam...

Chatboy 91

Feb 25, 2011
I was/am hoping for Issac. He looks cool, he would be a second male character, and his time shenanigans power seems like a lot of fun.

Calamity

Aug 22, 2008
Steven Bogos said:
Meet Eliza, an Egyptian themed fighter with a robot-leg and the trademark Skullgirls "breasts-that-are-bigger-than-her-head."
Will she come with a PA Report article about how disappointed Ben is for this choice of art direction, and how we're horrible people for playing a game with it?

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Glad that Eliza got voted in, some of the other choices don't really fit with the Skullgirls aesthetic but she does nicely

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I kinda wanted Stanley or Annie to win. I mean, Stanley's a freaking scientist shark and Annie... I actually don't know why I wanted Annie to win. I guess I just like her design.

I'm not complaining, though. I don't really play Skullgirls, mostly because none of the characters really fit my preferred playstyle as well as Lambda-11 and Nu-13 from BlazBlue do, but also because I couldn't really figure out combos very well. I didn't vote, either, so I don't really have the right to complain about the winner. Still, I'm sure Eliza's gonna be a good addition to the roster.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Fucking what is this.
SuperSuperSuperGuy said:
I kinda wanted Stanley or Annie to win. I mean, Stanley's a freaking scientist shark
Exactly, minus the Annie bit. Oh well, I still have one more chance...

Edit: I also forgot about Samson. I wanted him to win too t_t.

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
The Gentleman said:
Steven Bogos said:
he's a freaking anvil with legs and boxing gloves! How can you not vote for him?
Because Stanley is a f-cking shark. He's an implanted laser beam away from being the greatest thing that ever lived. And if the lab coat is any indication, it's only a matter of time before he gets that laserbeam...
But he DOESN'T have an implanted laser beam, and until that point nothing even comes close to the sheer manly awesomeness of this guy:

He has a Panzer tank.

ON HIS ARM.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I was hoping for Annie, Feng, Minette, Juju, or Marie... any one of the 'cute' ones, really. Then again, I don't actually -play- the game, so I didn't vote.

TheProfessor234

Aug 20, 2010
If I had to vote, it would be for Aeon. The fact that there is the stereotypical, "hourglass figure," for women and how she is an actual hourglass is something I find hilarious.

Also, time powers are cool, if that's her actual thing.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
Can you even measure?

Each of those breasts is clearly smaller than her head, and the same is true of every potential DLC character whose image is linked in the article. Honestly, this is why game journalism is going to hell in a hand-basket: so-called professionals can't even make the effort to check their facts, even when it only means picking up a ruler. And before anyone says that it was just a harmless bit of hyperbole, I would remind them that characters whose breasts are actually larger than their heads are not uncommon enough for any exaggeration to be implied in the original statement.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
OtherSideofSky said:
And before anyone says that it was just a harmless bit of hyperbole, I would remind them that characters whose breasts are actually larger than their heads are not uncommon enough for any exaggeration to be implied in the original statement.
It's also mockery; scepticism that people are going for the the lowest common denominator of aesthetics(sex). I agree sadly enough, the most wildly imaginative characters (which were mostly male) got voted out pretty quick...