The Rock Wants to Do a Black Ops Movie

Jun 7, 2010
YES! it shall be directed by Uwe Boll and written by Tommy Wiseau!

Actually... I could see that working, "so bad it's good" status would be better than "mediocre and forgettable video game adaption".

Serfix

Jun 16, 2010
It wouldn't sell that good in my opinion because it gets crushed by accuses of ripping off plot from fight club and turned it to a war movie, so some gamers might like it but for other people it's just another war movie with fight club plot.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
koschei8 said:
His name isn't the Rock anymore. It's Dwayne Johnson or more appropriately The Tooth Fairy.
moppop said:
Nope, it's back to "The Rock" when he came back to the WWE for a few months.
Helped you out, buddy. There is a quote button if you want to talk to someone specifically.

Welcome to "The Escapist."

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
Why not? I actually understood the BlOps campaign for the most part, it was fairly good. Won't be our defining film that finally proves that video games can become great movies, but it might be cool as a mindless war thriller. Everyone loves those, even if they don't.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
No i don't think its a good idea i think its just another excuse to milk a franchise by milking the film industry.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
... IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT MOVIE THE ROCK WANTS TO MAKE!

however if he did make it I would certainly watch it for shits and giggles.

Then again I enjoyed DOOM as well so I may not be the best person to judge whether a film is worth watching.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Crystalite said:
I, for one, would totally watch Black Swan 2 with the Rock!

But Blops? Meh... That does not even have a story. There are so many cool badass shooters out there, and even some with (some) resemblance to a plot, why not one of them?
Black Ops had a good, and a damn good one if you payed attention to it. Its very underated.

But wait, its Call of Duty, therefore it must suck...

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Do you smell what The Rock is cooking? That's right, more bad video game based movies.

Maybe he should go appear on Food Network or something instead. Have someone teach him how to cook something people want.

moppop

Mar 24, 2011
Broken Orange said:
koschei8 said:
His name isn't the Rock anymore. It's Dwayne Johnson or more appropriately The Tooth Fairy.
moppop said:
Nope, it's back to "The Rock" when he came back to the WWE for a few months.
Helped you out, buddy. There is a quote button if you want to talk to someone specifically.

Welcome to "The Escapist."
Uhhh, I know about the quote system, buddy.

There have been multiple people saying such, which is why I chose not to use it. Thanks anyway for your help, I guess.

Feb 13, 2008
mjc0961 said:
Do you smell what The Rock is cooking? That's right, more bad video game based movies.

Maybe he should go appear on Food Network or something instead. Have someone teach him how to cook something people want.
Like "Late Night Bacon"?

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
I would love a decent COD movie, but due to my hate for pretty much everything the 'Rock' even looks at, I can see this only ending badly.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
John Funk said:
Instead of doing all of those silly missions, just make the movie an hour and a half of The Rock doing elbow drops on Commies during the Cold War. Come on, that would be awesome!

Its not that I dont want another movie with the Rock, I dont want a COD movie with the Rock in it... or actually, a COD movie period...

*Edit*

The_root_of_all_evil said:
Like "Late Night Bacon"?

YES!!! Bacon...