The Rock Wants to Do a Black Ops Movie

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:

[HEADING=2]FINALLY...[/HEADING]

[HEADING=3]The ROCK has come back.[/HEADING]

I really liked Doom, it was pretty daft, and actually had a story.

And the BFG moment...ooh sir.
I really liked it too, I don't see the problem that people had with it. It had really cool sci fi tech (the matter walls), a great shout out to the video games (the BFG). Not to mention the First Person scene, which was SO INCREDIBLY BADASS THAT IT GAVE ME CHILLS. It had a great plot twist too,
The rock turns out to be a bad guy. Oh, not to mention that NIN did the soundtrack. Overall I'd say it was a win, and I'm not a Doom fanboy, hell I've never even played Doom except a little of the original. Not that I wouldn't, I just haven't had the chance.

Also I think Black Ops, or any CoD game is a terrible choice. There have been plenty of gritty military movies. Plus Blops kinda sucked plotwise, it just didn't make a whole lot of sense, how would they not have checked him for being brainwashed, and how the hell did that one Russian dude somehow interfere with the process? Oh, and how did they know that he was going to escape? Well, I guess they were planning to release him later. Meh. I WANT THE HALO MOVIE GOD DAMN IT! WITH KURT RUSSEL AS MASTER CHIEF!

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
seriously? black ops? the movie which had a plot soooo bad that i barely played it before i put my head through a sandstone wall? really?

i can think of many better candidates for movies...

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Making black ops a movie is like remaking Fight Club, but much much worse, with guns and obnoxious American Conspiracy theories.

If you played Black ops and saw Fight Club, you'd get what I mean.

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
Please no, if anyone makes a COD movie I would hope that they would use actors. Not dead shits and retards like in "the expendables"

SomEngangVar

Sep 23, 2009
Bretty said:
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in..... Black Swan 2: Stuck in Pink

lol, I couldn't help myself.
He wont have to worry about that once Natalie Portman gives birth. Ohhohohoho.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Oscar scandal!

Dwayne Johnson's stunt double comes out and tells the press that the former wrestler only did 15-20% of his own dolphin dives during filming of Black OPs.

luckycharms8282

Mar 28, 2009
Get in line Rock, there still needs to be a cod4 based video game. The search for the perfect captain price continues!!

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
The Rock and Ed Harris in a Black Ops movie? That sounds... really... really AWESOME. And I'd kill to see a Black Swan 2 with Dwayne as the lead.

Oh and yeah--Doom wasn't bad. Wasn't great, but it was a good sci-fi action flick, and that's all I wanted.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Ever since I saw The Rundown (Welcome to the Jungle), I'va always wanted The Rock to be in another over the top, stupid fun action/comedy flick..

Problem is Black Ops just doesn't seem like a good candidate for that. Basically because it's already a movie to begin with.

Oh and Doom was alright, seeing as though I don't play Doom any inconsistencies went unoticied to me.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Dwayne Johnson was the worst actor in the entire Doom film, without him the film might have even been passable. The real lost cause was the story, and the fact that they removed Hell and demon's entirely, which if you might recall was the entire plot of Doom, Doom 2, and Doom 3, and replaced it all with mutants with an extra chromosome. I'm sorry, but having an extra chromosome doesn't make you a super mutant that can throw fireballs, it gives you downs syndrome.
The additional fact that they turned it from a fearsome, alien environment where there was only one person alive against the onslaught of demons also kind of killed the vibe. And even though they turned it into more of a squad based movie, the game was based heavily on Alien, and Alien managed to get a horror movie with a squad of people right.
So yeah, basic idea, if you remove everything from the original story that made it interesting: Hell, demons, and a complete feeling of isolation, explain it away with batshit scientific explanations, add in a group of hard trained space marines, and add in The Rock, you'll make a crap movie. But we all know how great The Scorpion King and Tooth Fairy were, so obviously it wasn't his fault.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Imagine if a Black Ops movie actually happens. It could only lead to one thing: tie-in games.

"Call Of Duty - Black Ops: The Movie: The Game"

If you are feeling a sensation of intense dread right now, don't be alarmed. It only proves you are still human.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Yes.

This sounds like a very good idea. Someone should him up on this suggestion. Preferably a director who has a lot of experience with video game movies. As Germany was one of the major fronts of the cold war, it'd probably be best to look in that sort of area for said director. *Poker Face*

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
I most certainly don't want to see another Call of Duty film. There's no real over-arching plot to draw from, so, most likely, it'll end up an incredibly crappy generic war film with a massive special effects budget.

moppop

Mar 24, 2011
Bobbity said:
I most certainly don't want to see another Call of Duty film. There's no real over-arching plot to draw from, so, most likely, it'll end up an incredibly crappy generic war film with a massive special effects budget.
There was a Call of Duty film in the first place?